Students protest UHS cuts and healthcare changes

Collegian news producer Steffi Porter hits the streets as protesters march against the recently announced University Health Services cuts and healthcare changes.

4 Responses to “Students protest UHS cuts and healthcare changes”
  1. ed says:

I truly wish UMass/UHS/News/etc would stop advertising this 24-hour-helpline as anything more than the totally useless waste of cell phone airtime that it is.

I will never bother calling it again — I have as alone and abandoned as I did talking to those schmucks on the dark side of midnight a while back. The message really was simple — this is UMass, students are replaceable and we really don’t care if a few of them die, we can get more.

My advice to anyone — ignore Death Services and go directly to the hospital. You are just wasting your time dealing with those schmucks…

2. Anarchy Sucks says:

Let’s cut some of the graduate student benefits, they’re so ridiculously high that it beats out the benefits of most full time jobs I’ve applied too!

3. Larry Kelley says:

Typical state penny-wise-pound-foolish mentality. And it’s the Amherst Fire Department who will bear the extra burden.

http://onlyintherepublicofamherst.blogspot.com/2011/11/umass-double-downs-on-afd.html

4. John G. says:

Hey AS, if most full time jobs you’ve applied to are worse than graduate student jobs – with their $12,000 per year take-home pay – then maybe you should consider another line of work.