UMass Fashionistas: Casual Chic with Shevonne Commock

Courtesy of Nia Decaille

According to local fashionista and UMass senior, Shevonne Commock, personal style is a form of expression and a platform for women to express how they feel. The simple, but prim and chic pieces she pairs together translates to her self-described “reserved” style. Her ability to rock a pair of shorts works with the season’s demands, and it shows the exact intuitive creativity that should be applauded.

Shorts paired with a pair of print or plain tights is an easy way to transition your favorite shorts into a fall commodity. Shevonne takes this trend and artfully tones down the color, plays with a neat waistline, and finishes with cute oxford shoes and a plaid jacket.  Her shorts, the focal point, were also offset by eccentric blue mascara and minimalist accessories. Commock’s casual and cool look is an easy way to look vintage chic on the go.

Shevonne’s style mirrors the spirit of the fun fashion icons like Kate Moss, Rihanna, and the fabulous Sarah Jessica Parker. These fashionistas, like Shevonne, wear casual like no one’s business. Commock favors trendy and fashion-forward pieces from affordable and fashionable stores, such as H&M, and enjoys day-to-day dressing up to express her personal style. For a look so simple and chic that you don’t have to consult the mall, venture into your local Target for a cute pair of tights and your favorite denim, plaid, or  linen shorts with a casual shoe for school or mid length heel for Friday nights. Yes, ladies you can wear those shorts you’ve been pining over since summer abandoned us.

Nia Decaille can be reached for comment at [email protected].