Student death reported to the University Sept. 19 -

Domestic violence and experience of Muslim women lecture kicks off seminar series -

Students demand bathroom accountability -

Small trashcan fire broke out in Kennedy Hall -

Immigration policy discussed in public teach-in -

Massachusetts men’s soccer ties Central Connecticut State in double overtime -

Atlantic 10 Women’s Soccer Notebook: Saint Louis Billikens off to hottest start among A-10 teams -

Health care, DACA headline congressional town hall in Northampton -

UMass field hockey looks to continue winning streak against St. Francis and Lock Haven -

Kuerzi battles through shin splints for UMass field hockey -

Palmer, Britt starting to materialize as playmakers on UMass football’s receiving corps -

Bring the Constitution back to campus -

Why All College Students Should Still Handwrite Their Notes -

Loads of Frustration -

Fitbits, Apple watches and other devices all have the same objective -

How the runway influences the real world -

Palestinian women talk about their lives as refugees -

UPDATE: Wayland man dies following apparent fall -

Political discourse heats up at Amherst College -

Author Thomas Suarez leads talk on Israel-Palestine conflict -

1 officer, shooter dead in Virginia Tech shooting

Courtesy of Lerone Graham's Twitter

Last Updated: Thursday, 6:40 p.m.

The Virginia State police have taken “primary responsibility” for the investigation into the shooting that left one police officer dead after being shot during a routine traffic stop in the Cassell Coliseum parking lot on Spring Road and the suspected shooter dead by gunshot wound in a parking lot a quarter of a mile away, according to a statement released by Virginia Tech.

A candlelight vigil will be held tonight from 8 to 11 p.m. at the Virginia Tech drill field.

The Cook Counseling Center’s main office in McComas Hall will be open until 9 p.m. for any students needing assistance.

Exams scheduled for Friday will take place on Saturday, Dec. 10. The regular exam schedule will resume on Monday, Dec. 12.

Last Update: Thursday, 4:53 p.m.

Virginia Tech has announced that it is safe to resume normal activities on campus as police believe that second victim of the shooting is the gunman who shot and killed a Virginia Tech police officer after recovering a weapon near the second body, according to police.

Last updated: 4:33 p.m.

Virginia tech students and faculty members are urged to stay where they are after two people, including a police officer, have been shot and killed on the campus on Thursday.

The suspect has yet to be found after opening fire on a Virginia Tech police officer during a routine traffic stop in parking lot near McComas Hall and fleeing the scene on foot, according to a statement released by the university.

A second person was found dead in a nearby parking lot on Duck Pond Drive. The Roanoke Times published a map outlining the events of the shooting.

The identity of the suspect is unknown to the university and campus remains on lockdown. The possible shooter has been described as a white male wearing grey sweat pants, a gray hat with neon green brim, a maroon hoodie and backpack.

The Virginia Tech campus is the site of the deadliest school shooting in U.S. history. In 2007, student Seung- Hui Cho shot and killed 32 people before turning the gun on himself. The university was later criticized, and is now facing charges, for waiting two hours after the first shots were fired to send campus alerts. The massacre sparked a nationwide campaign to update academic campus’ protocol for emergency situations.

Check back for updates.

-DailyCollegian.com Staff