To my fellow Pats fans…

Courtesy of the Big Blue View

I imagine you have shared one or more of the internal experiences that I have been going through since the fat lady dropped her last note in Pats vs. Giants Part II. Whether your eyes blazed up in tears after Brady’s Hail Mary inevitably hit the turf, you had the sensation to punch anyone strutting around in a white and red jersey displaying the number 10 or a slow motion replay of Welker dropping that pass has been lodged in your brain, you share my pain.

Think about it this way: with loss comes knowledge. The knowledge that not one person or team is invincible. You remember that feeling of invincibility from ‘07—that no one could get in our way. Yet, it was far from destiny.

It took four years to fight our way back to the “Big Game,” and of course, it would be against the Giants.

We told ourselves all would be okay. Surely we would get our hard-earned revenge by game’s end.

All it took were a few miracles on one end, and a few mistakes on the other. Just one Tyree moment was all the Giants needed, and they got it, with a precise pass from Manning and some magic at the receiving end by Mario Manningham.

This is supposed to be making you feel better, and I’m sure nothing above has stemmed even the slightest smile.

Let me just remind you who we are as a sports city.  Look at what the past Beantown generations have gone through in order to get to the point we are at now: the 86 year curse, a four-decade Super Bowl title drought and nearly four decades without a Stanley Cup. Now we have three Super Bowl victories, two world series titles, one NBA title, and one Stanley Cup.

At the end of the day, how can you be down on yourself? As a college student you already have seven total championships under your belt, a number that many will not approach in their lifetime.

Be thankful for what we have witnessed as sports fans. If the loss has drained all of the class left in you, there’s still the opportunity to rant to your Giants-supporting friends and troll the internet with comments such as: “Brady/Belichick over Eli/Coughlin anyday” or “‘Midgets got lucky again,” both of which we know are true. If verbal abuse is not enough, we all know we outnumber the Giants fans on campus.

As the fans of the world’s most successful sports city of this millennium, we are sporting enough luxurious hardware to last us two lifetimes.

Just remember, in Brady and Belichick we trust.

Taylor Snow can be reached for comment at [email protected].