Towson stonewalls UMass men’s lacrosse in CAA Championship; Minutemen season ends after 9-4 loss -

Zach Coleman to join former coach Derek Kellogg at LIU Brooklyn -

UMass men’s lacrosse advances to CAA finals courtesy of Dan Muller’s heroics -

On campus: The liberal assault on free speech -

Rape reported at Spring Concert

At approximately 11 p.m. Sunday, a University of Massachusetts student reported being sexually assaulted outside of the Mullins Center.

According to UMass Police Interim Police Chief Patrick Archbald, the victim did not know her attacker, who was described as a white male 5-foot-7 or 5-foot-8 with a “thin” build estimated to be in his late 20s or early 30s. He had facial hair but no mustache.

The victim reportedly met her attacker during a Sunday night event at the Mullins Center, the Spring Concert, according to Archbald. After talking for a while, they went outside, where the woman then reported she was raped, according to Archbald.

She reported it to the police about one hour later.

There are no suspects in the case at this point, said Archbald. However, he said UMPD is still actively working on the case.

“We want to be very cognizant of the fact that we don’t want too much to pass because time is the enemy here,” said Archbald.  “You want to try to keep things moving forward.”

UMPD is currently reviewing all of the security footage from the event as well as examining forensic evidence.

They are also looking for eye-witness accounts of the event as well as interviewing friends of the victims and the victim herself.

“Sometimes it takes victims awhile to come around and give more and more detail because of the emotions involved, so there could be multiple interviews and we tend to pace them a little bit to create some space in between the interviews,” Archbald said. “Sometimes things come back over time.”

This is the first rape reported to the UMPD this semester, according to Archbald.

Katie Landeck, Collegian Staff