Report: UMass football’s Todd Stafford arrested Saturday morning in Stamford, Connecticut -

Monday, July 20, 2015

UMass names Molly O’Mara newly-created associate director of athletics for communications and PR -

Monday, July 20, 2015

Baker approves state budget, UMass to receive $5.25 million less than legislature’s proposed figure -

Friday, July 17, 2015

UMass bathroom policy to provide comfort, safety for transgender and non-gender conforming students -

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Long-time UMass professor Normand Berlin, 83, dies -

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

UMass professor and poet James Tate dies at 71 -

Thursday, July 9, 2015

State legislators propose budget, UMass could receive almost $532 million -

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Cause of death determined for UMass student Chloe Malast -

Monday, July 6, 2015

Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Rape reported at Spring Concert

At approximately 11 p.m. Sunday, a University of Massachusetts student reported being sexually assaulted outside of the Mullins Center.

According to UMass Police Interim Police Chief Patrick Archbald, the victim did not know her attacker, who was described as a white male 5-foot-7 or 5-foot-8 with a “thin” build estimated to be in his late 20s or early 30s. He had facial hair but no mustache.

The victim reportedly met her attacker during a Sunday night event at the Mullins Center, the Spring Concert, according to Archbald. After talking for a while, they went outside, where the woman then reported she was raped, according to Archbald.

She reported it to the police about one hour later.

There are no suspects in the case at this point, said Archbald. However, he said UMPD is still actively working on the case.

“We want to be very cognizant of the fact that we don’t want too much to pass because time is the enemy here,” said Archbald.  “You want to try to keep things moving forward.”

UMPD is currently reviewing all of the security footage from the event as well as examining forensic evidence.

They are also looking for eye-witness accounts of the event as well as interviewing friends of the victims and the victim herself.

“Sometimes it takes victims awhile to come around and give more and more detail because of the emotions involved, so there could be multiple interviews and we tend to pace them a little bit to create some space in between the interviews,” Archbald said. “Sometimes things come back over time.”

This is the first rape reported to the UMPD this semester, according to Archbald.

Katie Landeck, Collegian Staff