Chiarelli: Sam Koch’s impact evident in those who knew him best -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Longtime UMass men’s soccer coach Sam Koch dies after two-year battle with sinus cancer -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Southwest evacuated after gas leak -

UMass Rowing finishes NCAA Championships, ends year ranked No. 21 in the nation -

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two UMass basketball alums to compete for a lofty prize in The Basketball Tournament -

Friday, May 23, 2014

Commencement Photos 2014 -

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Two arrested in relation to series of vandalism -

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Students push for relocation of the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health -

Monday, May 12, 2014

Video: No. 14 UMass WLAX ends season in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

No. 14 UMass women’s lacrosse season ends in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sixth inning rally propels UMass past Dayton 7-2 -

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

McMahon, Ferris and McGovern: Not your usual transfer story -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Women’s lacrosse defeats Richmond 10-6 to win sixth straight A-10 Championship -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

No. 13 UMass women’s lacrosse knocks off Duquesne 16-3 to reach Atlantic 10 finals -

Friday, May 2, 2014

UMass one of 55 schools currently facing investigation over handling of sexual assault cases -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Two thefts reported at library -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Senior Columns 2013-2014 -

UMass Dining proposes major meal plan changes -

UMass baseball beats UConn for first time since 2007 -

MTV’s seemingly controversial new show proves to be ‘Faking It’ -

Rape reported at Spring Concert

At approximately 11 p.m. Sunday, a University of Massachusetts student reported being sexually assaulted outside of the Mullins Center.

According to UMass Police Interim Police Chief Patrick Archbald, the victim did not know her attacker, who was described as a white male 5-foot-7 or 5-foot-8 with a “thin” build estimated to be in his late 20s or early 30s. He had facial hair but no mustache.

The victim reportedly met her attacker during a Sunday night event at the Mullins Center, the Spring Concert, according to Archbald. After talking for a while, they went outside, where the woman then reported she was raped, according to Archbald.

She reported it to the police about one hour later.

There are no suspects in the case at this point, said Archbald. However, he said UMPD is still actively working on the case.

“We want to be very cognizant of the fact that we don’t want too much to pass because time is the enemy here,” said Archbald.  “You want to try to keep things moving forward.”

UMPD is currently reviewing all of the security footage from the event as well as examining forensic evidence.

They are also looking for eye-witness accounts of the event as well as interviewing friends of the victims and the victim herself.

“Sometimes it takes victims awhile to come around and give more and more detail because of the emotions involved, so there could be multiple interviews and we tend to pace them a little bit to create some space in between the interviews,” Archbald said. “Sometimes things come back over time.”

This is the first rape reported to the UMPD this semester, according to Archbald.

Katie Landeck, Collegian Staff