Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

UMass Board of Trustees approves rise in tuition, student fees -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Former Minutewoman Quianna Diaz-Patterson named to Puerto Rican national softball team -

UMass rowing’s Jim Dietz inducted into CRCA Hall of Fame -

Jury selection begins Monday in second gang rape trial -

Monday, June 15, 2015

Students turn attention to state legislators as decision on UMass budget looms -

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Alumna and next director of Brooklyn Museum Anne Pasternak ‘created her own path’ -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

UMass graduate crowned head of 600-year-old Indian kingdom -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Committee recommends UMass increase tuition, student fees for in-state undergraduates -

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

UMass football to play Penn State in 2014

The Massachusetts football team is heading to the Happy Valley.

According to a UMass press release, the Minutemen – who are entering their first year in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) next season – have signed agreements with numerous elite non-conference teams for games in upcoming seasons, including a date at Penn State that is slated for Sept. 20, 2014.

The game against the Nittany Lions completes a full non-conference schedule for the 2014 season that also includes matchups at Vanderbilt and home games at Gillette Stadium versus Boston College and Colorado that will open up the season.

In 2013, UMass will go up against another Big Ten school at Wisconsin to start the season, while it will also visit Kansas State and play host to Vanderbilt. The Minutemen still need one more non-conference game to complete its 2013 schedule.

New UMass coach Charley Molnar will match up against his old team when the Minutemen visit South Bend, Ind. to take on Notre Dame in 2015.

In other notable games, UMass will head south in 2016 to play Florida while also going on the road to BC in 2016 and 2018, respectively.

In 2017, the Minutemen will play at Indiana, a game that will also be played at Gillette Stadium next season. UMass’ 2012 non-conference schedule also includes road games at Michigan, Vanderbilt and Connecticut.

Stephen Hewitt can be reached at shewitt@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @MDC_Hewitt.

One Response to “UMass football to play Penn State in 2014”
  1. Dago T says:

THE Happy Valley?

THE???