UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass softball prepares for a long, busy season in 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defenseman Tyler Weeks makes his way back from ACL injury -

UMass football to play Penn State in 2014

The Massachusetts football team is heading to the Happy Valley.

According to a UMass press release, the Minutemen – who are entering their first year in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) next season – have signed agreements with numerous elite non-conference teams for games in upcoming seasons, including a date at Penn State that is slated for Sept. 20, 2014.

The game against the Nittany Lions completes a full non-conference schedule for the 2014 season that also includes matchups at Vanderbilt and home games at Gillette Stadium versus Boston College and Colorado that will open up the season.

In 2013, UMass will go up against another Big Ten school at Wisconsin to start the season, while it will also visit Kansas State and play host to Vanderbilt. The Minutemen still need one more non-conference game to complete its 2013 schedule.

New UMass coach Charley Molnar will match up against his old team when the Minutemen visit South Bend, Ind. to take on Notre Dame in 2015.

In other notable games, UMass will head south in 2016 to play Florida while also going on the road to BC in 2016 and 2018, respectively.

In 2017, the Minutemen will play at Indiana, a game that will also be played at Gillette Stadium next season. UMass’ 2012 non-conference schedule also includes road games at Michigan, Vanderbilt and Connecticut.

Stephen Hewitt can be reached at shewitt@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @MDC_Hewitt.

One Response to “UMass football to play Penn State in 2014”
  1. Dago T says:

THE Happy Valley?

THE???