The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

UMass football to play Penn State in 2014

The Massachusetts football team is heading to the Happy Valley.

According to a UMass press release, the Minutemen – who are entering their first year in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) next season – have signed agreements with numerous elite non-conference teams for games in upcoming seasons, including a date at Penn State that is slated for Sept. 20, 2014.

The game against the Nittany Lions completes a full non-conference schedule for the 2014 season that also includes matchups at Vanderbilt and home games at Gillette Stadium versus Boston College and Colorado that will open up the season.

In 2013, UMass will go up against another Big Ten school at Wisconsin to start the season, while it will also visit Kansas State and play host to Vanderbilt. The Minutemen still need one more non-conference game to complete its 2013 schedule.

New UMass coach Charley Molnar will match up against his old team when the Minutemen visit South Bend, Ind. to take on Notre Dame in 2015.

In other notable games, UMass will head south in 2016 to play Florida while also going on the road to BC in 2016 and 2018, respectively.

In 2017, the Minutemen will play at Indiana, a game that will also be played at Gillette Stadium next season. UMass’ 2012 non-conference schedule also includes road games at Michigan, Vanderbilt and Connecticut.

Stephen Hewitt can be reached at shewitt@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @MDC_Hewitt.

One Response to “UMass football to play Penn State in 2014”
  1. Dago T says:

THE Happy Valley?

THE???