Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

UMass Board of Trustees approves rise in tuition, student fees -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Former Minutewoman Quianna Diaz-Patterson named to Puerto Rican national softball team -

UMass rowing’s Jim Dietz inducted into CRCA Hall of Fame -

Jury selection begins Monday in second gang rape trial -

Monday, June 15, 2015

Students turn attention to state legislators as decision on UMass budget looms -

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Alumna and next director of Brooklyn Museum Anne Pasternak ‘created her own path’ -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

UMass graduate crowned head of 600-year-old Indian kingdom -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Committee recommends UMass increase tuition, student fees for in-state undergraduates -

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

UMass concludes road trip at Siena

The Massachusetts men’s soccer team finishes its longest road trip of the season this afternoon at Siena, looking to pick up its first road win of the season to cap off a four-game string of matches away from Rudd Field.

Maria Uminski/Collegian

The Minutemen, who haven’t played at home or won a game since August,

will try to take advantage of the Saints’ three-game losing streak. It won’t be easy, however, as Siena (2-4) has pushed each of its last three opponents to overtime.

Coming off an overtime thriller of its own, UMass appears rejuvenated as a team after a tie at New Hampshire on Saturday. At first glance, a 1-1 tie may not appear to be a game that ignites a struggling team, but it was the way the game closed out that sparked the team’s spirit.

The Minutemen trailed for the majority of the match, but with the final seconds of regulation ticking off the clock, defender Hellah Sidibe smacked a ball from midfield into the box. It deflected off the hands of the Wildcats goalkeeper and landed at the feet of junior forward Brett Canepa, who tapped the ball in with a mere two seconds remaining to knot the score at one.

Neither team scored in the two ensuing overtime periods, but to escape with a tie on the road was something that UMass desperately needed.

“Playing on the road is different than playing at home,” UMass coach Sam Koch said in an interview with UMass Athletics after Saturday’s tie. “When you play on a field that you’re not used to, that certainly makes it more difficult.”

But Koch has taken his team’s youth into account regarding its recent road woes.

“Our guys are adjusting; they’re getting better at it,” Koch said. “We’re young, but we’re getting better and (the game at UNH) was certainly a step in the right direction.”

And if history means anything, UMass may have a good chance at regaining a winning record on Wednesday. The Minutemen have had the Saints’ number dating back to 1999, as UMass has gone 9-1-1 against Siena, including five shutouts.

The Saints, who were just shut out for the first time this year have seen their share of high-scoring contests this season, scoring eight times while allowing 11 goals. By contrast, the Minutemen have recorded six goals and allowed six.

Though Siena has scored only two more times than UMass, it has had several more scoring opportunities, outshooting its opponents 87-82 despite being outscored by three. Meanwhile, in the same amount of games, the Minutemen have been outshot drastically, 79-60.

But behind good defense in the box and great goalkeeping by senior goalie Brian Frame, they have managed to right the ship this season.

Wednesday’s contest marks the last regular season, out-of-conference road game of the year for UMass as it kicks off in Loudonville, N.Y., at 3 p.m.

Taylor Snow can be reached at tsnow@dailycollegian.com and followed at Twitter at @Taylor_C_Snow.