UMass women’s basketball defeats Saint Peter’s for third straight win -

Town of Amherst Crime Log

Shaina Miskin/Collegian

Shaina Miskin/Collegian

After dodging air-borne beer bottles and handling about 20 noise complaints, officers of the Amherst Police Department are done with a rowdy weekend of parties.

On Friday, officers responded to a noise complaint at 1107 North Pleasant St., Presidential Apartments, Apt. 40 around 11:49 p.m. Subjects refused to open locked door. Occupants began to throw beer bottles at officers from the windows.

Kyle daRosa, 19, of Braintree, was arrested on charges of resisting arrest and being a minor in possession of alcohol. Residents Bryan Gudewich, 21, of Lowell, Adam Harrington, 21, of Nashua, N.H. and John Bulman, 22, and William Collins, 21, both of Tyngsborough were arrested on charges of unlawful noise and issued a nuisance house judgment. No officers were injured.

On Saturday, officers responded to a noise complaint at 66 Pelham Road at 12:59 a.m., where there was a party of about 50 college-aged students. Music was playing so loudly that residents could not hear officers knocking. Officers were met with hostility. The house was issued a citation for noise and issued nuisance house judgment, as well as one arrest of disorderly conduct.

Officers responded to a call for between 20 and 30 males fighting at 45 Phillips St. around 12:30 a.m. Sunday. Upon police arrival, about 10 subjects fled while between 10 and 15 kept fighting. Three arrests were made, including the arrest of Kevin Defusco, 19, of Westford on charges of disorderly conduct and minor in possession of alcohol.

Daniel Kearney, 21, of Lynnfield was arrested on charges of operating under the influence and marked lane violations after crashing the 1998 Honda Accord he was driving into a tree at 1 Mattoon St. around 1:12 a.m. on Sunday. Kearney failed a sobriety test and was placed in custody.

Officers responded to a call around 2:40 a.m. at 15 Fearing St. around 2:40 a.m. and were met with between 10 and 15 people on the porch throwing bottles at them.  Upon entering the house, the officers found main assailant Jonathan Jacobs, 22, of North Attleboro hiding upstairs. Jacobs continued to assault officers with his shoulder. Jacobs was arrested on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and assault and battery on an officer. No officers were injured.

Chelsie Field can be reached at cfield@student.umass.edu.