The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

4.0-magnitude earthquake hits New England

A 4.0-magnitude earthquake struck New England last night.

MCT

The earthquake hit about three miles west of Hollis Center, Maine, which borders New Hampshire, at 7:12 p.m., according to Susan Hoover, geophysicist at the United States Geological Survey National Information Center.

Hoover said the earthquake was “felt pretty extensively” across New England and parts of Canada. She also said that people in parts of western New York felt tremors of the quake.

The USGS also reported tremors in Maine towns Lake Arrowhead, Springvale and Sanford, as well as Manchester, N.H., and Boston.

As of 8 last night, there had been no reports of injuries or damage to the USGS, Hoover said.

The Amherst fire and police departments also didn’t receive any reports of damage or injuries.

The USGS initially claimed the earthquake as a 4.5- and 4.6-magnitude earthquake. Hoover said that the initial numbers are “preliminary numbers” that change.

Hoover labeled the earthquake as “weak, light or moderate.”

“We usually refer to it as a light earthquake,” Hoover said.

Since 1970, there have been four other earthquakes that were 4.5 or higher in magnitude within a 124-mile range of the area where last night’s quake was centered, Hoover said.

Because of the geological makeup of the New England area, earthquakes of this size aren’t commonly felt in New England, Hoover said.

These size earthquakes “aren’t extremely rare, but not extremely common,” Hoover said, adding that they happen “all the time” in California and the Northwest.

“Earthquakes of this size occur frequently in California,” she said.

The earthquake was quite the buzz on social media platforms, including Twitter. Four of the top trends on Twitter late last night were related to the earthquake.

Herb Scribner can be reached at editor@dailycollegian.com.