UMass Dressage Team discusses the lesser-known sport -

Canelas: Things worth watching in Spring Game 2014 -

‘The Walking Dead’ finale resurrects a dull season -

Five places to study at UMass -

UMass tennis team battles injuries as season comes to an end -

Chaz Williams to compete in Portsmouth Invitational Tournament -

Putting the ‘new’ back into ‘news’ -

Kurt Cobain, remembered 20 years later -

Feist plays engaging, soulful show at the Calvin Theater -

UMass poll shows Coakley emerging as a frontrunner in upcoming election -

Rain washes out baseball, softball -

General Education courses should not be required -

Campus Perspectives: One year anniversary of the Boston Marathon Bombings -

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Boston Marathon: One year later -

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bostonian spirit prevails -

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Minutewomen continue to show offensive improvement -

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Overalls and whitewashed outfits trend in spring 2014 -

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

UMass looks to continue to build confidence against non-conference opponents -

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

UMass rowing overcomes food poisoning and earns gold at Knecht Cup -

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lessons from the Marathon bombings -

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Best dressed television character

Facebook

We all have those go-to television shows that we just can’t get enough of. Sometimes it’s for the storyline, the insanely good-looking cast or just as a guilty pleasure. But what about the fashion? Some characters just stick out among the rest as the total fashionistas. Here are some of the best-dressed starlets on television:

Serena Van Der Woodsen – “Gossip Girl”

Where can this New York City trendsetter go wrong? This Upper East Sider is always up to date with her chic style. With her long blonde hair and her just-threw-this-outfit-together-last-minute attitude, she can definitely rock any item. Serena is the type who could wear a trash bag – or a baggy T-shirt – and still look amazing. Her chic and laid-back style is enviable by many of the other female characters in the show and fans alike.

Blair Waldorf – “Gossip Girl”

Blair is Serena’s partner in crime. The two are best friends, but with totally different styles. While Serena’s is a more casual look, Blair’s is quite preppy, tailored and sophisticated. She is always extremely polished and well put-together in her designer ensembles. She is often seen sporting a headband paired with a classy dress and often receives attention for her eye-catching style.

Cast of “Pretty Little Liars”

The main characters of “Pretty Little Liars” all express their individuality through personal style: Aria mixes girly with edgy and funky. She’ll pair a frilly dress with some spikey jewelry and fishnets. Emily, on the other hand, typically wears casual and simple outfits, such as a pair of jeans, a leather jacket and boots. Hanna is definitely the most feminine of the bunch and is always sporting the current trends. Lastly is Spencer, who matches her brains with her clothing. She is usually outfitted in classic schoolgirl style, such as a cardigan paired with knee-high socks.

Giuliana Rancic – “E!News”

The fashion guru herself, Giuliana Rancic, hosts a celebrity gossip show called E!News. She can also be found on most red carpets and at many award shows, interviewing celebrities and asking the infamous question, “Who are you wearing?” She seemingly never has a bad fashion day and always looks fierce. Giuliana couldn’t be more of a perfect co-host on Joan Rivers’ show, “Fashion Police,” where she discusses the best and worst dressed celebrities of the week alongside Kelly Osbourne, George Kotsiopoulos and Rivers.

Carrie Bradshaw – “Sex and the City”

Although “Sex and the City” ended in 2004, Sarah Jessica Parker’s Carrie Bradshaw is still without a doubt the queen of style on television. Everyone knows her as the  outrageously stylish sex columnist from New York City. Her obsession with designer labels and overpriced shoes continues to go unmatched, but she also loved a good bargain. Carrie consistently received looks left and right, whether she was wearing a newspaper printed dress, or a tight crop top and skirt. Though she turned heads with her over-the-top wardrobe, she took it in stride, overflowing with confidence. Carrie appeared on the big screen in 2008 in the film version of “Sex and the City” and again in 2010’s “Sex and the City 2,” still rocking her memorable runway style.

Jennifer Schreer can be reached at jschreer@student.umass.edu.