SGA announces annual ‘Mullins Live!’ concert for March 3 weekend -

Best-selling author Roxane Gay talks about modern day feminism at Mount Holyoke College -

Protesters perform in front of Springfield City Hall to absent mayor -

UMass swimming and diving finish third at Atlantic 10 championships -

UMass tennis splits weekend matches with Army, Boston College -

Senior Day highlights lack of bench presence for UMass women’s basketball -

UMass men’s lacrosse drops close game against No. 20 Ohio State in Columbus -

UMass women’s lacrosse splits weekend trip in Florida -

UMass club hockey focused on regionals despite shutout loss to Northeastern -

UMass women’s basketball’s late comeback falls short in loss to La Salle Sunday -

Social media is killing political discourse -

Is America moving left or right? -

Adidas makes return to relevance -

Weekly children’s literature series at Mount Holyoke kicks off with Mordicai Gerstein -

Local blogger Larry Kelley dies in car crash, remembered by community -

‘Stopping Genocide and Mass Atrocities by Stopping the War Profiteers’ talk at UMass -

UMass hockey falls to No. 6 UMass Lowell for third time this season -

UMass hockey breakdown in final minutes of the second period on route to 5-2 loss to UMass Lowell -

Notebook: Jack Gibbs stars as UMass men’s basketball team drops game to Davidson Saturday -

UMass men’s basketball drops another close game, falls to Davidson Saturday afternoon -

2012-13 men’s basketball staff predictions

Hewitt: With seemingly the snap of a finger, the UMass men’s basketball team woke up out of its coma of mediocrity and back into the national spotlight last season.

Now, it’s time for the Minutemen to shift it into another gear.

Chaz Williams will pick up where he left off during UMass’ National Invitation Tournament run, and he’ll get plenty of help from senior leader Terrell Vinson, Raphiael Putney and Jesse Morgan. Cady Lalanne, the only non-returning starter, is probably the X-factor as the Minutemen will rely on finding an inside presence to balance their talented frontcourt and fast-paced transition style, which I believe he will.

The key for this team is to get out to a fast start and make sure it doesn’t suffer a hangover from its surprising run. A weak non-conference schedule will help that – with the potential of some signature wins in Puerto Rico – and I think UMass will one-up its conference play production from a season ago, play much better on the road and finish second or third in the Atlantic 10.

From there, I think the Minutemen will finally receive what they and their fans have been waiting 14 years for – a selection in the NCAA tournament, in which they will get a No. 8 or 9 seed and win a game before falling in the second.

Sellner: Get ready, folks. UMass will be dancing its way to the NCAA Tournament.

Chaz Williams will build off his superstar 2011-12 campaign and take the Minutemen to the next level.

UMass will reach the Atlantic 10 Championship game and come up just short, but still receive an at-large bid to the Big Dance, likely a No. 9 seed.

There’s simply too much fire power returning for the Minutemen for them to take a step back from a team that finished last year in the National Invitation Tournament Final Four.

Cady Lalanne will emerge as a reliable post option that UMass will utilize in the half-court game that will help the team as the opposition sprints back to take away the fast break.

The Minutemen won’t reach its utmost potential until the conference schedule as players continue to fight back from injury and the young guns become increasingly comfortable and confident on the floor.

Derek Kellogg will also get consideration for A-10 Coach of the Year as UMass will take the next step towards becoming a consistent force to be reckoned with on the national scale of college basketball.