UMass names Blake Frohnapfel as the starting quarterback -

Monday, August 18, 2014

Decision looms for Mark Whipple as UMass football looks to name starting quarterback -

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Former UMass star Marcel Shipp overseeing a strong running back competition -

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Former UMass basketball star Chaz Williams signs professional contract in Turkey, still eyeing NBA career -

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Minutemen anxious to display aggressive defense -

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

UMass football turns the page, excited for 2014 season -

Monday, August 4, 2014

UMass student struck and killed by vehicle Thursday night -

Friday, August 1, 2014

UMass receives anonymous $10.3 million gift -

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

UMass Football summer coverage 2014 -

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chiarelli: Sam Koch’s impact evident in those who knew him best -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Longtime UMass men’s soccer coach Sam Koch dies after two-year battle with sinus cancer -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Southwest evacuated after gas leak -

UMass Rowing finishes NCAA Championships, ends year ranked No. 21 in the nation -

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two UMass basketball alums to compete for a lofty prize in The Basketball Tournament -

Friday, May 23, 2014

Commencement Photos 2014 -

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Two arrested in relation to series of vandalism -

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Students push for relocation of the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health -

Monday, May 12, 2014

Video: No. 14 UMass WLAX ends season in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

No. 14 UMass women’s lacrosse season ends in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sixth inning rally propels UMass past Dayton 7-2 -

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

2012-13 men’s basketball staff predictions

Hewitt: With seemingly the snap of a finger, the UMass men’s basketball team woke up out of its coma of mediocrity and back into the national spotlight last season.

Now, it’s time for the Minutemen to shift it into another gear.

Chaz Williams will pick up where he left off during UMass’ National Invitation Tournament run, and he’ll get plenty of help from senior leader Terrell Vinson, Raphiael Putney and Jesse Morgan. Cady Lalanne, the only non-returning starter, is probably the X-factor as the Minutemen will rely on finding an inside presence to balance their talented frontcourt and fast-paced transition style, which I believe he will.

The key for this team is to get out to a fast start and make sure it doesn’t suffer a hangover from its surprising run. A weak non-conference schedule will help that – with the potential of some signature wins in Puerto Rico – and I think UMass will one-up its conference play production from a season ago, play much better on the road and finish second or third in the Atlantic 10.

From there, I think the Minutemen will finally receive what they and their fans have been waiting 14 years for – a selection in the NCAA tournament, in which they will get a No. 8 or 9 seed and win a game before falling in the second.

Sellner: Get ready, folks. UMass will be dancing its way to the NCAA Tournament.

Chaz Williams will build off his superstar 2011-12 campaign and take the Minutemen to the next level.

UMass will reach the Atlantic 10 Championship game and come up just short, but still receive an at-large bid to the Big Dance, likely a No. 9 seed.

There’s simply too much fire power returning for the Minutemen for them to take a step back from a team that finished last year in the National Invitation Tournament Final Four.

Cady Lalanne will emerge as a reliable post option that UMass will utilize in the half-court game that will help the team as the opposition sprints back to take away the fast break.

The Minutemen won’t reach its utmost potential until the conference schedule as players continue to fight back from injury and the young guns become increasingly comfortable and confident on the floor.

Derek Kellogg will also get consideration for A-10 Coach of the Year as UMass will take the next step towards becoming a consistent force to be reckoned with on the national scale of college basketball.