UMass ultimate frisbee reflects on national quarterfinals run -

Monday, May 25, 2015

Former Canisius guard Zach Lewis to transfer to UMass -

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Letter: Deflate-Gate, where’s the air? -

Monday, May 18, 2015

Derrick Gordon announces he will transfer to Seton Hall -

Sunday, May 17, 2015

UMass baseball closes season out with series victory over George Mason -

Sunday, May 17, 2015

UMass to allow four student businesses to accept Dining Dollars next year -

Saturday, May 16, 2015

UMass baseball stymied by John Williams in loss to George Mason -

Friday, May 15, 2015

Jury sentences Tsarnaev to death -

Friday, May 15, 2015

Stop ignoring your white privilege -

Thursday, May 14, 2015

UMass basketball scheduled for showdown with Ole Miss in 2015 Holiday Showcase game -

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Letter: Wall is a regression towards racial inequality -

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

UMass falls to Fairfield in extra innings in final home game -

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

UMass basketball recruit Marcquise Reed chooses Clemson -

Monday, May 11, 2015

UMass baseball drops Senior Day rubber match against URI -

Monday, May 11, 2015

Letter: Shocked at radio host’s ban from WMUA -

Monday, May 11, 2015

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in second round of NCAA tournament against top-seeded Maryland -

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Neil deGrasse Tyson: ‘It’s okay not to know’ -

Friday, May 8, 2015

Defense, Eipp’s five goals lead UMass women’s lacrosse past Jacksonville in NCAA tournament -

Friday, May 8, 2015

Quianna Diaz-Patterson closes book on historic senior season, successful career for UMass softball -

Friday, May 8, 2015

UMass men’s lacrosse overcomes early struggles to make 2015 playoff run -

Thursday, May 7, 2015

A-10 basketball notebook: St. Joe’s opens with strong victory

The St. Joseph’s men’s basketball team, the preseason favorite to win the Atlantic 10, opened its season with a convincing 61-35 victory over Yale as part of the “Coaches vs. Cancer” Classic on Monday.

Courtesy of recreation.slco.org

The Hawks were led on the offensive end by junior Langston Galloway, who scored a game-high 20 points, along with Ronald Roberts Jr. and Halil Kanacevic, who each recorded a double-double in the contest.

Roberts recorded a team-high while also contributing 10 points, while Kanacevic chipped in with 11 points and 11 rebounds.

SJU never trailed in the game, as it broke out to an early 8-0 lead and held the Bulldogs to 25 percent shooting from the field on the day.
The 35 points scored by Yale in the game was the lowest allowed by SJU since the shot-clock era began in 1985.

With the win, the Hawks advance to the “Coaches vs. Cancer” tournament and will next play Notre Dame on Friday at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Butler wins first A-10 game

Butler opened its first season as a member of the A-10 conference with a 74-59 victory over Elon on Saturday.

Butler was led by senior transfer student Rotnei Clarke, who scored a game-high 21 points in his first regular season game as a member of the Bulldogs. Clarke got off to a hot start scoring the first 12 points of the game.

After a few starters got into early foul trouble, Butler turned to its reserves, which scored 29 points in the contest. Freshman Kellen Dunham led all bench scorers with 10 points.

Despite the hot start for the Bulldogs, Elon came within four points, opening the second half with a 17-4 run. But Butler overcame its foul trouble, and slowed down the charging Phoenix offense.
The Butler offense shot 50 percent from the field, while also out-rebounding Elon, 39-20, and outscoring the Phoenix in the paint, 30-16.

Dee Davis named A-10 Player of the Week

Xavier sophomore point guard Dee Davis earned the A-10’s first Player of the Week award of the 2012-2013 season.
Davis scored a career-high 22 points and had 15 assists to help lead the Musketeers to a 117-75 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on Friday. In the victory, Davis went 8-for-11 from the field, including 5-of-7 from behind the arc.

Davis’ 15 assists was the most ever by a Xavier sophomore, and was two off from the school record of 17 in a single game.

Cody Prudhomme can be reached at cprudhom@student.umass.edu.

You must be logged in to post a comment.