A bond over basketball: Trey Davis and Zach Coleman’s friendship continues to grow at UMass -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Inside the Park with Marky Mark: January 27, 2015 -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Panda Bear remains confident, even in the face of ‘The Grim Reaper’ -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Why I want to be a teacher -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams wrap up third-place finishes at Dartmouth Invitational -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

UMass’ College of Education to train Pakistani higher education administrators -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hao Luong shines for UMass men’s swimming and diving on Senior Day, prepares for end of college career -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Police Log: Friday, Jan. 23, 2015 to Monday, Jan. 26, 2015 -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Rachel Hilliard, Heather MacLean highlight solid performance from UMass women’s track and field -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hockey East: Eichel’s overtime goal pushes Boston University past Vermont -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Albums to look forward to in 2015 -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

UMass closes ahead of inclement weather -

Monday, January 26, 2015

Paranormal Research Society seeks to uncover the truth about the supernatural -

Monday, January 26, 2015

UMass tops Merrimack 4-1 to cap off successful weekend series -

Monday, January 26, 2015

‘Broad City’s’ second season off to a wickedly funny start -

Monday, January 26, 2015

Writers respond to State of the Union address -

Monday, January 26, 2015

St. Bonaventure earns tight victory, VCU clinches 11th straight win in Atlantic 10 men’s basketball action -

Monday, January 26, 2015

An open letter to the people who were kind when I was struggling -

Monday, January 26, 2015

UMass club hockey salvages weekend with tie against NYU on Saturday -

Monday, January 26, 2015

2015 Winter TCA’s announce bevy of show returns and new releases -

Monday, January 26, 2015

Click here to visit UMass Dining
Click here to visit UMass Dining

A-10 basketball notebook: St. Joe’s opens with strong victory

The St. Joseph’s men’s basketball team, the preseason favorite to win the Atlantic 10, opened its season with a convincing 61-35 victory over Yale as part of the “Coaches vs. Cancer” Classic on Monday.

Courtesy of recreation.slco.org

The Hawks were led on the offensive end by junior Langston Galloway, who scored a game-high 20 points, along with Ronald Roberts Jr. and Halil Kanacevic, who each recorded a double-double in the contest.

Roberts recorded a team-high while also contributing 10 points, while Kanacevic chipped in with 11 points and 11 rebounds.

SJU never trailed in the game, as it broke out to an early 8-0 lead and held the Bulldogs to 25 percent shooting from the field on the day.
The 35 points scored by Yale in the game was the lowest allowed by SJU since the shot-clock era began in 1985.

With the win, the Hawks advance to the “Coaches vs. Cancer” tournament and will next play Notre Dame on Friday at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Butler wins first A-10 game

Butler opened its first season as a member of the A-10 conference with a 74-59 victory over Elon on Saturday.

Butler was led by senior transfer student Rotnei Clarke, who scored a game-high 21 points in his first regular season game as a member of the Bulldogs. Clarke got off to a hot start scoring the first 12 points of the game.

After a few starters got into early foul trouble, Butler turned to its reserves, which scored 29 points in the contest. Freshman Kellen Dunham led all bench scorers with 10 points.

Despite the hot start for the Bulldogs, Elon came within four points, opening the second half with a 17-4 run. But Butler overcame its foul trouble, and slowed down the charging Phoenix offense.
The Butler offense shot 50 percent from the field, while also out-rebounding Elon, 39-20, and outscoring the Phoenix in the paint, 30-16.

Dee Davis named A-10 Player of the Week

Xavier sophomore point guard Dee Davis earned the A-10’s first Player of the Week award of the 2012-2013 season.
Davis scored a career-high 22 points and had 15 assists to help lead the Musketeers to a 117-75 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on Friday. In the victory, Davis went 8-for-11 from the field, including 5-of-7 from behind the arc.

Davis’ 15 assists was the most ever by a Xavier sophomore, and was two off from the school record of 17 in a single game.

Cody Prudhomme can be reached at cprudhom@student.umass.edu.