Closing arguments presented, jury deliberations begin Friday in first of four 2012 gang rape trials -

Friday, March 27, 2015

UMass library opens groundbreaking 3D printing lab -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Defendant in 2012 gang rape case says accuser consented to sex -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

For the love of the craft: UMass Juggling Club -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UMass lacrosse looks for fourth straight victory versus Towson -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

The dark, twisty special on Robert Durst proves that, yet again, humanity’s biggest “Jinx” is hubris -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Law and order, UMass style -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hillel fails to represent all Jewish students -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UMass women’s lacrosse aims another perfect conference record against Duquesne -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UMass heads home to take on Albany -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Coming off weekend victory, UMass softball prepares for series against St. Josephs -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

‘The Last Man on Earth?’ more like, ‘The Worst Show on Earth’ -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

A new face for money -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UMass hopes to carry momentum into weekend series against VCU -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UMass Theatre Guild to present “Seussical” this weekend -

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

UMass eyes the future of its athletics with the hiring of Athletic Director Ryan Bamford -

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Derrick Gordon to transfer from UMass in search of more prominent role -

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Local author and activist Don Ogden writes to make environmental change -

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Chiarelli: Football the center of attention Tuesday at Bamford’s hiring -

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

MANNA soup kitchen continues to feed the local hungry in Northampton -

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A-10 basketball notebook: St. Joe’s opens with strong victory

The St. Joseph’s men’s basketball team, the preseason favorite to win the Atlantic 10, opened its season with a convincing 61-35 victory over Yale as part of the “Coaches vs. Cancer” Classic on Monday.

Courtesy of recreation.slco.org

The Hawks were led on the offensive end by junior Langston Galloway, who scored a game-high 20 points, along with Ronald Roberts Jr. and Halil Kanacevic, who each recorded a double-double in the contest.

Roberts recorded a team-high while also contributing 10 points, while Kanacevic chipped in with 11 points and 11 rebounds.

SJU never trailed in the game, as it broke out to an early 8-0 lead and held the Bulldogs to 25 percent shooting from the field on the day.
The 35 points scored by Yale in the game was the lowest allowed by SJU since the shot-clock era began in 1985.

With the win, the Hawks advance to the “Coaches vs. Cancer” tournament and will next play Notre Dame on Friday at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Butler wins first A-10 game

Butler opened its first season as a member of the A-10 conference with a 74-59 victory over Elon on Saturday.

Butler was led by senior transfer student Rotnei Clarke, who scored a game-high 21 points in his first regular season game as a member of the Bulldogs. Clarke got off to a hot start scoring the first 12 points of the game.

After a few starters got into early foul trouble, Butler turned to its reserves, which scored 29 points in the contest. Freshman Kellen Dunham led all bench scorers with 10 points.

Despite the hot start for the Bulldogs, Elon came within four points, opening the second half with a 17-4 run. But Butler overcame its foul trouble, and slowed down the charging Phoenix offense.
The Butler offense shot 50 percent from the field, while also out-rebounding Elon, 39-20, and outscoring the Phoenix in the paint, 30-16.

Dee Davis named A-10 Player of the Week

Xavier sophomore point guard Dee Davis earned the A-10’s first Player of the Week award of the 2012-2013 season.
Davis scored a career-high 22 points and had 15 assists to help lead the Musketeers to a 117-75 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on Friday. In the victory, Davis went 8-for-11 from the field, including 5-of-7 from behind the arc.

Davis’ 15 assists was the most ever by a Xavier sophomore, and was two off from the school record of 17 in a single game.

Cody Prudhomme can be reached at cprudhom@student.umass.edu.