UMass football boasts young, balanced rushing attack going into 2016 season -

UMass football looks to add more size, depth on defensive side heading into 2016 -

UMass football gets back in action with start of training camp -

UMass football coach Mark Whipple announces Ross Comis as starting quarterback, transfer Andrew Ford close behind -

Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

Club hockey defeats Central Connecticut 2-0

The Massachusetts club hockey team was able to snap a four-game winless streak on Friday night, beating Central Connecticut State, 2-0, in Amherst.

Goals from senior Mark Joyce and junior Liam Gately led the attack for the Minutemen (6-5-1), both scoring their goals in the first period of the game. This was Joyce’s team-leading eighth goal of the season, while Gately tallied his second goal of the season, giving him five points on the year. Through 12 games, Joyce is now tied for the lead in points (11) with fellow senior Kevin Joyce.

The game also marked the first shutout of the season for UMass, with sophomore goaltender Tom Knox picking up his first win of the season. Also contributing to the victory was freshman Brian Collins and juniors Mike Shea and Mike Spunt, who each provided an assist.

Joyce opened up the scoring three minutes, 48 seconds into the game after receiving a pass from Shea to give the Minutemen a 1-0 lead. The score stayed this way until Gately doubled the lead for UMass with 2:43 left in the opening period on assists from Collins and Spunt.

Both teams were unable to cash in on power play opportunities, with a total of 38 penalty minutes coming in the game – 22 coming from the Minutemen.

The win marks UMass’ first since Oct. 19 when it defeated Providence, 6-3, at home.

The Minutemen continue to show their offensive fire power, scoring two or more goals in all but two games.

UMass returns to action on Sunday when it travels to Springfield to take on Springfield College at 4 p.m.

Jason Kates can be reached at jkates@student.umass.edu.