Third and 20 S2 Episode 8 -

Author, poet and ex-con gives talk on criminal justice reform -

Israeli writer Ari Shavit speaks at Integrative Learning Center -

Alex DeSantis continues strong play for UMass men’s soccer as season reaches midway point -

Andrew Ford looks to continue to lead UMass football’s torrid offensive passing attack -

Sunset Grill and Pizza adjusts as a new restaurant in Amherst -

UMass field hockey falls 8-1 to No. 1 UConn -

Offensive-oriented practices hold high hopes for UMass women’s soccer with A-10 opener Thursday -

Hyper-stress on college campuses: a culture of high achievement leads to increased rates of mental illnesses -

Race of candidates should not affect voter turnout -

Students share what keeps them happy during the fall -

Harvest’s millennial-pandering replacement to Chameleon Cold Brew leaves caffeine fans at a loss -

Guide to fall 5K races and beyond -

UMass Votes Coalition hosts voter registration event -

Brettell presents on U.S. immigration policies -

UMass running back Marquis Young looks to build off momentum gained against Mississippi State -

UMass field hockey team seeks revenge against undefeated UConn -

UMass hockey announces captains for 2016-17 season -

Andy Isabella finds his niche within the UMass football offense -

The EpiPen Crisis: How did this happen? -

Club hockey defeats Central Connecticut 2-0

The Massachusetts club hockey team was able to snap a four-game winless streak on Friday night, beating Central Connecticut State, 2-0, in Amherst.

Goals from senior Mark Joyce and junior Liam Gately led the attack for the Minutemen (6-5-1), both scoring their goals in the first period of the game. This was Joyce’s team-leading eighth goal of the season, while Gately tallied his second goal of the season, giving him five points on the year. Through 12 games, Joyce is now tied for the lead in points (11) with fellow senior Kevin Joyce.

The game also marked the first shutout of the season for UMass, with sophomore goaltender Tom Knox picking up his first win of the season. Also contributing to the victory was freshman Brian Collins and juniors Mike Shea and Mike Spunt, who each provided an assist.

Joyce opened up the scoring three minutes, 48 seconds into the game after receiving a pass from Shea to give the Minutemen a 1-0 lead. The score stayed this way until Gately doubled the lead for UMass with 2:43 left in the opening period on assists from Collins and Spunt.

Both teams were unable to cash in on power play opportunities, with a total of 38 penalty minutes coming in the game – 22 coming from the Minutemen.

The win marks UMass’ first since Oct. 19 when it defeated Providence, 6-3, at home.

The Minutemen continue to show their offensive fire power, scoring two or more goals in all but two games.

UMass returns to action on Sunday when it travels to Springfield to take on Springfield College at 4 p.m.

Jason Kates can be reached at jkates@student.umass.edu.