UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

Ryan Moloney pitches seven scoreless innings as UMass baseball takes series opener from Fordham -

Club hockey defeats Central Connecticut 2-0

The Massachusetts club hockey team was able to snap a four-game winless streak on Friday night, beating Central Connecticut State, 2-0, in Amherst.

Goals from senior Mark Joyce and junior Liam Gately led the attack for the Minutemen (6-5-1), both scoring their goals in the first period of the game. This was Joyce’s team-leading eighth goal of the season, while Gately tallied his second goal of the season, giving him five points on the year. Through 12 games, Joyce is now tied for the lead in points (11) with fellow senior Kevin Joyce.

The game also marked the first shutout of the season for UMass, with sophomore goaltender Tom Knox picking up his first win of the season. Also contributing to the victory was freshman Brian Collins and juniors Mike Shea and Mike Spunt, who each provided an assist.

Joyce opened up the scoring three minutes, 48 seconds into the game after receiving a pass from Shea to give the Minutemen a 1-0 lead. The score stayed this way until Gately doubled the lead for UMass with 2:43 left in the opening period on assists from Collins and Spunt.

Both teams were unable to cash in on power play opportunities, with a total of 38 penalty minutes coming in the game – 22 coming from the Minutemen.

The win marks UMass’ first since Oct. 19 when it defeated Providence, 6-3, at home.

The Minutemen continue to show their offensive fire power, scoring two or more goals in all but two games.

UMass returns to action on Sunday when it travels to Springfield to take on Springfield College at 4 p.m.

Jason Kates can be reached at jkates@student.umass.edu.