UMass field hockey splits weekend matches with UNH and BU -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass women’s soccer struck by injuries, struggles offensively as it falls to No. 24 Rutgers -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jamal Wilson returns from injury with confidence he is ‘main guy’ at running back -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Freshmen Sekai Lindsay, Andy Isabella impressing at running back -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass ranked in top 25 for LGBTQ students -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass football fall camp day five: Rodney Mills looks to continue bringing versatility to tight end position -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Route 9 Diner to reopen under new ownership -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Rising UMass sophomore dies unexpectedly -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

UMass football fall camp day four: Veteran offensive line boasts chemistry, looks to improve run blocking -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A colorful UMass homecoming -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Potential nighttime and weekend parking fee at UMass tabled -

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Reptar and Rubblebucket to bring indie rock jams to Noho

Myspace

On Friday, Reptar and Rubblebucket will take the stage in Northampton with plans of rivaling any party being thrown that night.

The two eccentric indie rock outfits are bringing their co-headlining tour to the Pearl Street Ballroom this weekend, and things are guaranteed to get weird. Both are known for putting on a fantastic live show, and having the two bands in the building on the same night should make for a memorable experience.

Rubblebucket is a Brooklyn-based indie rock collective which has been creating danceable, upbeat songs since its formation back in 2008. It self-released its debut album that same year, and has been touring almost nonstop ever since.

The unique sound that is produced by the band is accomplished through the seamless meshing of brass and woodwind horns with rock staples like guitars and drums, and the result is music that is as fun to dance to as it is to sing along with.

The band’s latest album, “Omega La La,” is their most ambitious and impressive project to date. The group has been touring the album since it was released last fall, and played the single “Came Out of a Lady” on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” this past summer.

Joining Rubblebucket on Friday is Reptar, a four-piece band from Athens, Ga.

Although they formed four years ago, Reptar was relatively unknown outside of Athens up until it played for South by Southwest,(SXSW), a music and film conference in Austin, Tex., back in 2011. Its fantastic live show and stellar “Oblangle Fizz, Y’all” extended play garnered a lot of attention from music blogs and journalists alike, and the band was signed to Vagrant Records not long after SXSW.

Its debut album, “Body Faucet,” contained more of the high energy rock that fans had fallen in love with, and a tour with fellow indie rock bands Foster The People and Cults helped Reptar gain national attention late last year.

Reptar have been playing new songs at some of their recent shows so look for some unreleased material to be sprinkled in with the fan favorites.

Rubblebucket and Reptar will be playing the Pearl Street Ballroom at 8 p.m. on Friday night.

Aidan Cusack can be reached at acusack@student.umass.edu.

One Response to “Reptar and Rubblebucket to bring indie rock jams to Noho”
  1. Mizzy Mars says:

Such a good article. Great information that helped me and my hipster lifestyle grow and blossom. APPRECIATE IT!