An open letter to the students of UMass -

Pat Kelsey informs UMass AD Ryan Bamford of change of heart just 35 minutes before scheduled press conference -

Past and present UMass football players participate in 2017 Pro Day Thursday -

Pat Kelsey reportedly backs down from UMass men’s basketball coaching position -

Students react to new fence around Townehouses -

‘Do You Have The Right To Do Drugs?’ debate held in Bowker Auditorium -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to build on three-game winning streak against Brown -

UMass softball riding five-game win streak into first Atlantic 10 showdown -

Sanzo: Inability to win close games has hurt UMass baseball -

Hannah Murphy scores 100th career goal in UMass women’s lacrosse 16-9 win over Harvard -

Old age does no harm to indie rock legends The Feelies -

A track-by-track breakdown of Drake’s new project -

When a president lies -

Let them eat steak, and other gender norms I hate -

Dissecting Science: Episode Two -

Holy Cross 10-run eighth inning sinks UMass baseball -

UMass students react to Spring Concert lineup -

Letter: Vote yes for Amherst -

You don’t have to walk alone -

Tyler Bogart and D.J. Smith lead UMass men’s lacrosse during three game win streak -

Reptar and Rubblebucket to bring indie rock jams to Noho

Myspace

On Friday, Reptar and Rubblebucket will take the stage in Northampton with plans of rivaling any party being thrown that night.

The two eccentric indie rock outfits are bringing their co-headlining tour to the Pearl Street Ballroom this weekend, and things are guaranteed to get weird. Both are known for putting on a fantastic live show, and having the two bands in the building on the same night should make for a memorable experience.

Rubblebucket is a Brooklyn-based indie rock collective which has been creating danceable, upbeat songs since its formation back in 2008. It self-released its debut album that same year, and has been touring almost nonstop ever since.

The unique sound that is produced by the band is accomplished through the seamless meshing of brass and woodwind horns with rock staples like guitars and drums, and the result is music that is as fun to dance to as it is to sing along with.

The band’s latest album, “Omega La La,” is their most ambitious and impressive project to date. The group has been touring the album since it was released last fall, and played the single “Came Out of a Lady” on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” this past summer.

Joining Rubblebucket on Friday is Reptar, a four-piece band from Athens, Ga.

Although they formed four years ago, Reptar was relatively unknown outside of Athens up until it played for South by Southwest,(SXSW), a music and film conference in Austin, Tex., back in 2011. Its fantastic live show and stellar “Oblangle Fizz, Y’all” extended play garnered a lot of attention from music blogs and journalists alike, and the band was signed to Vagrant Records not long after SXSW.

Its debut album, “Body Faucet,” contained more of the high energy rock that fans had fallen in love with, and a tour with fellow indie rock bands Foster The People and Cults helped Reptar gain national attention late last year.

Reptar have been playing new songs at some of their recent shows so look for some unreleased material to be sprinkled in with the fan favorites.

Rubblebucket and Reptar will be playing the Pearl Street Ballroom at 8 p.m. on Friday night.

Aidan Cusack can be reached at acusack@student.umass.edu.

One Response to “Reptar and Rubblebucket to bring indie rock jams to Noho”
  1. Mizzy Mars says:

Such a good article. Great information that helped me and my hipster lifestyle grow and blossom. APPRECIATE IT!