Thursday’s NCAA tournament rematch between UMass men’s soccer and Colgate will be a battle of adjustments -

Veteran belonging and the decline of American communities discussed by journalist and author at Amherst College -

‘UMass Cares About Cancer’ Hosts Blanket Making Event -

UMass women’s basketball heads to North Dakota for two games -

UMass football sets its sights on BYU -

UMass men’s soccer hosts Colgate in opening round of NCAA tournament -

UMass women’s basketball looks to improve from last season’s road record this weekend in North Dakota -

Reptar and Rubblebucket to bring indie rock jams to Noho

Myspace

On Friday, Reptar and Rubblebucket will take the stage in Northampton with plans of rivaling any party being thrown that night.

The two eccentric indie rock outfits are bringing their co-headlining tour to the Pearl Street Ballroom this weekend, and things are guaranteed to get weird. Both are known for putting on a fantastic live show, and having the two bands in the building on the same night should make for a memorable experience.

Rubblebucket is a Brooklyn-based indie rock collective which has been creating danceable, upbeat songs since its formation back in 2008. It self-released its debut album that same year, and has been touring almost nonstop ever since.

The unique sound that is produced by the band is accomplished through the seamless meshing of brass and woodwind horns with rock staples like guitars and drums, and the result is music that is as fun to dance to as it is to sing along with.

The band’s latest album, “Omega La La,” is their most ambitious and impressive project to date. The group has been touring the album since it was released last fall, and played the single “Came Out of a Lady” on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” this past summer.

Joining Rubblebucket on Friday is Reptar, a four-piece band from Athens, Ga.

Although they formed four years ago, Reptar was relatively unknown outside of Athens up until it played for South by Southwest,(SXSW), a music and film conference in Austin, Tex., back in 2011. Its fantastic live show and stellar “Oblangle Fizz, Y’all” extended play garnered a lot of attention from music blogs and journalists alike, and the band was signed to Vagrant Records not long after SXSW.

Its debut album, “Body Faucet,” contained more of the high energy rock that fans had fallen in love with, and a tour with fellow indie rock bands Foster The People and Cults helped Reptar gain national attention late last year.

Reptar have been playing new songs at some of their recent shows so look for some unreleased material to be sprinkled in with the fan favorites.

Rubblebucket and Reptar will be playing the Pearl Street Ballroom at 8 p.m. on Friday night.

Aidan Cusack can be reached at acusack@student.umass.edu.

One Response to “Reptar and Rubblebucket to bring indie rock jams to Noho”
  1. Mizzy Mars says:

Such a good article. Great information that helped me and my hipster lifestyle grow and blossom. APPRECIATE IT!