Cause of death determined for UMass student Chloe Malast -

Monday, July 6, 2015

Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

UMass Board of Trustees approves rise in tuition, student fees -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Former Minutewoman Quianna Diaz-Patterson named to Puerto Rican national softball team -

UMass rowing’s Jim Dietz inducted into CRCA Hall of Fame -

Jury selection begins Monday in second gang rape trial -

Monday, June 15, 2015

Students turn attention to state legislators as decision on UMass budget looms -

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Alumna and next director of Brooklyn Museum Anne Pasternak ‘created her own path’ -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

UMass graduate crowned head of 600-year-old Indian kingdom -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Reptar and Rubblebucket to bring indie rock jams to Noho

Myspace

On Friday, Reptar and Rubblebucket will take the stage in Northampton with plans of rivaling any party being thrown that night.

The two eccentric indie rock outfits are bringing their co-headlining tour to the Pearl Street Ballroom this weekend, and things are guaranteed to get weird. Both are known for putting on a fantastic live show, and having the two bands in the building on the same night should make for a memorable experience.

Rubblebucket is a Brooklyn-based indie rock collective which has been creating danceable, upbeat songs since its formation back in 2008. It self-released its debut album that same year, and has been touring almost nonstop ever since.

The unique sound that is produced by the band is accomplished through the seamless meshing of brass and woodwind horns with rock staples like guitars and drums, and the result is music that is as fun to dance to as it is to sing along with.

The band’s latest album, “Omega La La,” is their most ambitious and impressive project to date. The group has been touring the album since it was released last fall, and played the single “Came Out of a Lady” on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” this past summer.

Joining Rubblebucket on Friday is Reptar, a four-piece band from Athens, Ga.

Although they formed four years ago, Reptar was relatively unknown outside of Athens up until it played for South by Southwest,(SXSW), a music and film conference in Austin, Tex., back in 2011. Its fantastic live show and stellar “Oblangle Fizz, Y’all” extended play garnered a lot of attention from music blogs and journalists alike, and the band was signed to Vagrant Records not long after SXSW.

Its debut album, “Body Faucet,” contained more of the high energy rock that fans had fallen in love with, and a tour with fellow indie rock bands Foster The People and Cults helped Reptar gain national attention late last year.

Reptar have been playing new songs at some of their recent shows so look for some unreleased material to be sprinkled in with the fan favorites.

Rubblebucket and Reptar will be playing the Pearl Street Ballroom at 8 p.m. on Friday night.

Aidan Cusack can be reached at acusack@student.umass.edu.

One Response to “Reptar and Rubblebucket to bring indie rock jams to Noho”
  1. Mizzy Mars says:

Such a good article. Great information that helped me and my hipster lifestyle grow and blossom. APPRECIATE IT!