UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

Ryan Moloney pitches seven scoreless innings as UMass baseball takes series opener from Fordham -

Town of Amherst crime log

Shaina Mishkin/Collegian

The Amherst Police responded to about 20 noise complaint calls this past weekend.

A noise complaint for a loud party of between 50 and 60 college-aged individuals at 858 East Pleasant St. at 12:14 a.m. Saturday, in which residents were cooperative, resulted in a verbal warning and the arrest of one guest.

Police said Harrison Reed, 20, of Northborough, was told by officers to leave the residence several times and allegedly refused to cooperate with their requests. Reed was arrested on a charge of failing to disperse.

About 15 minutes later, police responded to another noise complaint for a loud party at an apartment at 219 Amity St. Upon arrival, police observed around 20 guests and loud music playing. Police said the four residents were uncooperative and were then placed under arrest

Thuong Tran,of Brockton; Barbara Line, of Amherst; Sonya Belgacem, of Tyngsboro; and Jessica Jorge, of Oxford; all 21 years old, were arrested on charges of violating the town’s noise bylaw.

At 1:51 a.m., police responded to a noise complaint call for a loud party with loud music and voices at Apartment A at 35 North Whitney St. Police say the residents were uncooperative.

Joseph Gervasi and Joshua Ledin, both 22 years old and from Weymouth, were arrested on the charge of unlawful noise.

Chuong Ly, 25, of Sunderland, was arrested when police responded to a noise complaint call at 4:37 p.m. at Cathedral Apartment 9 at 308 North Pleasant St., in which police say residents were cooperative with officers.

Ly was arrested on the charge of a warrant initiated by another agency – a charge Detective David Foster of the Amherst Police Department said was most likely due to Ly missing a previous court date.

At 11:07 p.m., police responded to a noise complaint call at 202 College St. Upon arrival, police observed between 400 and 500 guests. Detective Jamie Reardon of the Amherst Police Department said traffic was paused briefly as the crowd dispersed.

Residents Colin O’Neil, of East Longmeadow, and Jeffrey Stowell, of North Attleboro,, both 21, were arrested on the charge of unlawful noise and issued a nuisance house violation. Lydia Basque, 17, of Newton, was arrested on the charge of being a minor in possession of alcohol.

Sean McClorey, 22, of Melrose, was arrested around 1 a.m. Sunday at an East Pleasant Street business on the charge of disorderly conduct for allegedly urinating in public.

At 1:42 a.m., Jacob Bell, 23, of Athol, was arrested on the charges of operating a black 2010 Ford Fusion under the influence of liquor as well as a marked lanes violation after he “almost struck an officer conducting a different motor vehicle stop on the same street,” according to Reardon.

Peter Goddard, 21, of Wayland was arrested at 2:56 a.m. at Puffton Village, located at 1040 North Pleasant St., on the charges of disorderly conduct and indecent exposure after “exposing his body to passing motorists, one of which happened to be a police officer,” Reardon said.

For the upcoming weekend, Foster said the department is expecting a relatively quiet one due to the Thanksgiving break.

Foster said it is “not unusual” for there to be an increase in apartment break-ins over the holiday break ,and that students are especially targeted because most go home for the holiday.

The Amherst police department advised that students follow the “STOP” initiative to prevent student burglary over the holiday break, according to a press release.

STOP is an acronym that outlines steps that students should take to deter theft.

The Amherst Police Department advises that students “secure” all doors and windows with locks and close their blinds or window coverings.

Students should “take” all valuable items with them, especially electronics which are a common target. If students do not or cannot take valuables with them, they are advised to keep them “out” of sight, because items in plain view are some of the most commonly stolen.

The final step is police “patrols,” Amherst Police will send out officers in plain clothes to patrol common residence areas for burglary. They also advise students to report any suspicious activity because “if it doesn’t look right, it probably isn’t,” according to the release. .

Chelsie Field can be reached at cfield@student.umass.edu.