Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UNH takes down Denver, BC defeats Dartmouth

Jeff Bernstein / Collegian archives

After trailing 3-0 in the first period, No. 3 New Hampshire rallied to defeated No. 2 Denver, 6-4, on Saturday night in Denver, Colo.

The Wildcats’ (9-1-2, 6-1-1 Hockey East Association) offense stepped it up in the second and third periods, with sophomore Grayson Downing and junior Kevin Goumas each recording hat tricks in the victory. Goumas also had two assists in the game, leading his team with five points and his game-winner came with three minutes, 20 seconds left in the game.

Despite jumping out to the three-goal lead, the Pioneers (9-3, 7-1 Western Collegiate Hockey Association) were unable to contain the UNH offense, with Goumas scoring all three of his goals in the third period to give UNH the lead and, ultimately, the win.

Denver was unable to cash in on the power play in the contest, going 0-for-5 on the man advantage.

Wildcat goalkeeper Jeff Wyer made 18 saves in the win after replacing sophomore Casey DeSmith in the first period.

UNH is back in action Friday when it hosts UMass Lowell, while Denver’s next opponent is Wisconsin on Friday night at home.

Boston College defeats Dartmouth

A three-goal outburst in the third period gave No. 1 Boston College a 6-3 victory over No. 11 Dartmouth in a non-conference matchup Saturday night.

Two goal efforts from senior Pat Mullane and sophomore phenom Johnny Gaudreau led the Eagles (10-1, 6-1 HEA) to their 10th victory of the season, extending their winning streak to 10 games. For the Big Green (5-2-2, 4-1-1 Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference), the loss pushes their winless streak to three games.

Heading into the third period tied at three, BC wasted no time regaining the lead, with Mullane scoring his second goal of the game 18 seconds into the period. Goals by Gaudreau and senior Steven Whitney put the game out of reach, making it 6-3 in the end.

Gaudreau and Mullane combined for nine total points, tallying four goals and five assists.

Eagles goalkeeper Parker Milner made 29 saves in the game, while Big Green goalkeeper Charles Grant produced 25 saves in the loss.

BC looks to win its tenth straight when it takes on rival No. 10 Boston University Friday night on the road. Dartmouth tries to get back on track Saturday night when it hosts Bentley.

Providence routs Brown

Seven different players scored for Providence College in a convincing 7-0 victory over cross-town rival Brown in the 27th Annual Mayor’s Cup.

Junior defender Kevin Hart led the Friars (6-5-1, 4-3 HEA) offensively, contributing a goal and three assists in the game. Despite only holding a 1-0 lead after the first period, the Providence offense erupted for six more goals in the next two periods, scoring three of them on the power play.

Senior Chris Rooney provided two assists for the Friars, while freshman Kevin Rooney was credited with two assists as well. The Bears (2-4-2, 0-2-2 ECAC) had many chances to get back into the game, forcing Providence goalkeeper Jon Gillies to make a career-high 35 saves, including 21 in the final period. This marked Gillies’ second shutout of the season, while Brown goalkeeper Marco DeFilipo was credited with his fourth loss of the year.

The Friars’ next game is Friday night when they travel to North Andover to take on Merrimack. Brown, who defeated Holy Cross this past Sunday, faces Yale on the road Saturday night.

Jason Kates can be reached at jkates@student.umass.edu.