Experienced Ohio State club too much for UMass hockey in 3-0 loss -

Season-high 29 saves from Matt Murray proves lone highlight in UMass hockey’s 3-0 shutout loss to Ohio State -

UMass football picks up first win of the season in blowout win over Georgia Southern -

Student in critical condition after pedestrian-vehicle accident on Friday -

UMass women’s soccer fails to secure spot in A-10 tournament with loss to Saint Louis -

Struggles with special teams sinks UMass hockey -

UMass hockey drops second of the year in 3-1 loss to Ohio State -

Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

Chang’s fashions turn heads

It is hard not to notice Jeffrey Chang as he makes his way to class in his usual skinny jeans, fur and beloved 6-inch studded Jeffrey Campbell platform boots, adding a jolt of high fashion to the University of Massachusetts campus.

Conor Murphy/Collegian

It wasn’t always this way though.

When asked when he found his love of fashion, Jeffrey said it didn’t start until his junior year of high school.

Chang describes his personal style as “high-fashion grunge,” playing with blacks as well as neutrals for a dark color palette.

Chang finds inspiration for his varied looks on street-style blogs, as well as through magazines such as “Vogue,” he said. He also favors designers such as Marc Jacobs and Rick Owens.

One of Chang’s favorite ways to shop is through online stores. Although he will admittedly spend a lot of money on some purchases, if it’s not on sale, he usually won’t buy it, he said. One time of year he particularly enjoys is the end of season sale at All Saints, a Boston retailer. Some of Chang’s other favorite places to shop are Barney’s New York, Nordstrom, thrift stores and T.J. Maxx.

Chang cites a former co-worker at Nordstrom for his sense of style and being an inspiration to him when he first became interested in fashion.

“He was an assistant manager and he just wore whatever he wanted, he wore furs and crazy jewelry, and I thought ‘why can’t I do that?’” Chang said.

Chang began putting together looks that incorporated both men’s and women’s clothes for a unique style that is at once androgynous and ultra-glamorous.

When asked what his biggest piece of advice is for others on how to dress, he replied, “Wear what makes you happy.”

Conor Murphy can be reached at cpmurphy@student.umass.edu.