50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Xavier women’s hoops outmuscled by No. 4 Duke, Dayton cruises

The Xavier women’s basketball team fell 82-59 at home to No. 4 Duke on Sunday. While the Musketeers didn’t come out on top, the 59 points they scored was the most against the Blue Devils this season.

Flickr: Antinee

Xavier (3-2, 0-0 Atlantic 10 Conference) shot only 32.8 percent from the field in the game, but outscored Duke 24-22 from the bench while collecting 23 points off of the Blue Devils’ 16 turnovers.

Junior guard Ashley Wanninger scored a career-high 15 points on 5-of-13 shooting for the Musketeers and was also the only Xavier player to reach double digits. She also added two steals and three rebounds.

Duke (4-0, 0-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) held the Musketeers scoreless in the first five minutes of the game and continued to dominate throughout the half, outscoring Xavier 19-2.

Junior guard Chelsea Gray, who had 22 points and 10 assists, led the Duke offense.

With 14 minutes, 46 seconds remaining in the second half, the Musketeers were not far behind, but fell short due to the Blue Devil’s tight defense, which held Xavier to 0-for-8 shooting to close out the game.

The Musketeers will face Appalachian State at home on Friday at 7 p.m.

Duquesne defeats Ohio

Duquesne came out with a 62-55 win on the road over Ohio on Sunday.

Trailing 17-7 early in the first half, the Dukes (4-1, 0-0 A-10) quickly regrouped and claimed a 24-23 lead capped by consecutive layups from sophomore forward Stasia King.

Sophomore Belma Nurkic scored a career-high 19 points while junior forward Wumi Agunbiade scored 14 points to go with 13 rebounds.

The Bobcats (1-3, 0-0 Mid-American Conference) were quick to catch up and regain the lead, but were silenced by Duquesne junior guard Oditte Odisho’s 3-pointer that tied the game at 29-29. Both teams continued to battle back-and-forth in the contest, but the Dukes pulled away late, sealing the victory with clutch foul shots from Nurkic.

Next, Duquesne will play at Buffalo on Wednesday at 5 p.m.

Dayton cruises against Eastern Illinois

The Dayton women’s basketball team knocked off Eastern Illinois 105-42 on Sunday in the Dayton Flyer Marriott Classic.

As the host of the tournament, the Flyers (6-0, 0-0 A-10) came out with an aggressive level of play, leading the Panthers (2-3, 0-0 Ohio Valley Conference) throughout the entire game. They topped 100 points, which is something they have not done since defeating Harvard 101-80 on Dec. 30, 2010.

Five of Dayton’s players reached double digits in the contest. Freshman center Jodie Cornelie-Sigmundova scored a career-high 21 points, while teammate sophomore forward Ally Malott scored 15 points and had 13 rebounds en route to the Flyers dominating the points in the paint, 60-16.

Malott, who was named to the All-Tournament team along with Cornelie-Sigmundova and freshman guard Kelley Austria, was the Most Valuable Player of the tournament.

The victory was Dayton’s largest since entering Division I and was its seventh largest in the program.

The Flyers will be on the road for their next game against Wright State on Wednesday  at 7 p.m.

Kaitlin Boyer can be reached at krboyer@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @MDC_Boyer.