UMass field hockey pulls off thrilling overtime victory against Northeastern -

Thursday, September 3, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Kicking competition between Blake Lucas, Mike Caggiano nearing decision -

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Adam Liccardi found guilty in UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jackson Porter adapting well following switch to wide receiver -

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Minutemen look for Robert Kitching to anchor defensive line -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Closing arguments delivered in Adam Liccardi rape trial -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Early goals sink UMass men’s soccer in loss to Saint Peter’s -

Monday, August 31, 2015

UMass field hockey splits weekend matches with UNH and BU -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass women’s soccer struck by injuries, struggles offensively as it falls to No. 24 Rutgers -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jamal Wilson returns from injury with confidence he is ‘main guy’ at running back -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Freshmen Sekai Lindsay, Andy Isabella impressing at running back -

Monday, August 24, 2015

“Once Upon a Time” Recap: “Into the Deep”

After an excruciating two-week wait, “Once Upon a Time” was back this week. And to be honest, this episode left a little to be desired. It felt like a little bit of a filler episode to stick in right before the winter finale. Regardless even an off week for OUAT is better than a good week for a lot of shows, so let’s get into it…

Storybrooke

After Henry starts communicating with Aurora in his fiery dream of horrors, Regina learns that her own mommy dearest is alive and kicking, and trying to get to Storybrooke. This leads to Regina interrupting the weirdest date of all time between Rumple and Belle to tell him about it. Okay, time out here. Does anyone else think Rumple and Belle have absolutely no chemistry? They literally have nothing to talk about so he tells her, “Condiments are the magic in this world!” Okay writers…

Rumple is assured he could defeat Cora if she crossed over, but in the interest of protecting Belle he’d rather her not get to Storybrooke. This is when he tells Henry to tell Aurora about magical squid ink that can stun Cora, and how there is still a supply of it in his old Fairytale Land prison cell. Did anyone else catch his flippant reference to mermaids and think that this ink might have come from Ursula from The Little Mermaid? I sincerely hope we see that world.

Henry goes back into the dream, but fails to tell Aurora about the ink and suffers some nasty burns in the process. David and Regina then agree that Henry can’t go back there, and David says he’ll go under the sleeping curse. But what doesn’t make sense is that Henry goes to that hell-like dimension whenever he sleeps anyways, so why not just let him keep doing it instead of putting David under a sleeping curse where he’s essentially useless?

Using a spindle to curse David “the old fashioned way,” the prince knocked right out and found his way to the fiery room…

Fairytale Land of the Present

This week we were treated to the return of one of my absolute favorite new characters: Captain Hook. He makes his way down the beanstalk finally only to be confronted by a majorly pissed Cora. She serves him up a consequence worse than death: he’s not getting a ticket back to Storybrooke with her. Hook then tries to seduce her into teaming back up with him, but to no avail. How that woman resisted him I will never know.

Cora then decides to try and get the compass back by essentially sending zombies after Emma and the gang, but it’s kind of a pointless plot piece? They really served no purpose except kidnapping the ever-boring Aurora.

Eventually Hook shows up and frees her, asking her to send a message to Emma that their deal is still on and he should have trusted her basically. This is when my heart exploded because I ship Emma and Hook so hard (if you don’t know what the term “ship” means either I’m way too invested in TV or you’re not invested enough.)

With Aurora still gone, though, Snow decides to travel to the fiery room herself via some poppy seeds, Wizard of Oz-style. There she unexpectedly sees David and they have an ‘I’ll always find you’ moment and David spills the beans about the A.K.A., leading them on yet ANOTHER scavenger hunt. This show and its MacGuffins.

In the last few minutes Aurora finds her way back to the gang and tells them Hook let her go because of Emma, and because he might care for her. BUT, we find out Cora is pulling the strings on this one because Hook has brought her Auroras heart. I’m doubtful Hook pulled it out himself since he isn’t magical; but I have a feeling that she may have been without her heart for quite some time and he happened to have found it.

Questions

How did Hook come to possess Aurora’s heart?

Who is Hook’s allegiance too?!

When did Henry start looking less like a 10-year-old and more like a teenager?

Alexa Hoyle can be reached at ahoyle@student.umass.edu.

One Response to ““Once Upon a Time” Recap: “Into the Deep””
  1. pingPong says:

The seemingly uneasy relationship between Cora and Hook is definitely an interesting one and he is showing his true colors by bringing her Aurora’s heart. This was to be expected though because he is trying to get back to Storybrooke. You just never know with this show so I’ve always got my DISH Hopper set to record the show each week. The Hopper has the PrimeTime Anytime feature and it automatically records everything on the big four networks so I don’t have to worry about missing anything. I’m really interested in this magical squid ink you mentioned here. I would love to know the details of why this particular stuff works and other things don’t. My DISH co-worker also wondered why they would put Henry under the sleeping spell and I’m not sure what the writers are doing with this particular plot line. Henry seems to be incapable of telling anyone anything that is vital information but that may change in the second half of the season.