UMass men’s lacrosse’s win streak snapped in battle with No. 18 Towson -

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Closing arguments presented, jury deliberations begin Friday in first of four 2012 gang rape trials -

Friday, March 27, 2015

UMass library opens groundbreaking 3D printing lab -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Defendant in 2012 gang rape case says accuser consented to sex -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

For the love of the craft: UMass Juggling Club -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UMass lacrosse looks for fourth straight victory versus Towson -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

The dark, twisty special on Robert Durst proves that, yet again, humanity’s biggest “Jinx” is hubris -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Law and order, UMass style -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hillel fails to represent all Jewish students -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UMass women’s lacrosse aims another perfect conference record against Duquesne -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UMass heads home to take on Albany -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Coming off weekend victory, UMass softball prepares for series against St. Josephs -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

‘The Last Man on Earth?’ more like, ‘The Worst Show on Earth’ -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

A new face for money -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UMass hopes to carry momentum into weekend series against VCU -

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UMass Theatre Guild to present “Seussical” this weekend -

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

UMass eyes the future of its athletics with the hiring of Athletic Director Ryan Bamford -

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Derrick Gordon to transfer from UMass in search of more prominent role -

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Local author and activist Don Ogden writes to make environmental change -

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Chiarelli: Football the center of attention Tuesday at Bamford’s hiring -

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Top 10 songs of 2012

Courtesy of Flickr.com/aktivioslo

Picking 10 great songs from 2012 is a lot harder than you’d think. There has been so much great music this year, but here are my picks from a sampling of genres. My favorites are ever-changing but here are some of the ones I haven’t gotten sick of yet…

10. Outlines – All Time Low: This is a band I was way into in my early high school years, but kind of grew out of – until now. This phenomenally written track with guest vocals by the ever-talented Jason Vena creates such a jam.

9. Off to the Races – Lana Del Rey: I love Lana’s Nancy-Sinatra-on-drugs vibe and this song is the perfect representation of her work: old school vocals and lyrics with a new wave twist.

8. A Vicious Kind – Yellowcard: I forgot Yellowcard’s 2012 Album “Southern Air” when comprising my top 10 albums list, but it’s perfect pop-punk. If this song doesn’t get you hyped up, nothing will.

7. Only You – Ellie Goulding: One of my favorites from Ellie’s new album. Haunting, but upbeat, this track has it all.

6. Victoria – Eve 6: If you haven’t noticed yet, this list is a little biased towards upbeat, catchy, and lyrically sound songs. Here’s another with more of a rock edge.

5. Birthday Song – 2 Chainz ft. Kanye West: It’s fun, it’s funny, and it’s one of the best songs to rap to when you’re driving around.

4. I Will Fall – Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen: To be fair this is from the TV show Nashville so it’s a song from a soundtrack, but it’s an incredible track. This isn’t like some other track from Glee though. It’s a soulful and beautiful sung, definitely worth a listen – as is the rest of the show’s soundtrack.

3. Some Nights – fun.: Aside from it being overplayed on the radio, I’ve been listening to this song since fun.’s album was released last February, and I’m STILL not sick of it. There’s no denying it’s one of the best of the year.

2. Breathing Underwater – Metric: Pop-electronic music that actually makes you feel something? Sign me up. Metric has been a favorite of mine for a while, and their new album was one that defined my summer, their tracks being the backdrop for more than a few great nights with my friends.

1. Take a Walk – Passion Pit: I can’t help but turn the volume all the way up whenever this song comes on in my car. You can dance to it, you can sing along with it, and you can never, ever get sick of it.

Alexa Hoyle can be reached for comment at ahoyle@student.umass.edu.