Report: UMass football’s Todd Stafford arrested Saturday morning in Stamford, Connecticut -

Monday, July 20, 2015

UMass names Molly O’Mara newly-created associate director of athletics for communications and PR -

Monday, July 20, 2015

Baker approves state budget, UMass to receive $5.25 million less than legislature’s proposed figure -

Friday, July 17, 2015

UMass bathroom policy to provide comfort, safety for transgender and non-gender conforming students -

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Long-time UMass professor Normand Berlin, 83, dies -

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

UMass professor and poet James Tate dies at 71 -

Thursday, July 9, 2015

State legislators propose budget, UMass could receive almost $532 million -

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Cause of death determined for UMass student Chloe Malast -

Monday, July 6, 2015

Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Top 10 songs of 2012

Courtesy of Flickr.com/aktivioslo

Picking 10 great songs from 2012 is a lot harder than you’d think. There has been so much great music this year, but here are my picks from a sampling of genres. My favorites are ever-changing but here are some of the ones I haven’t gotten sick of yet…

10. Outlines – All Time Low: This is a band I was way into in my early high school years, but kind of grew out of – until now. This phenomenally written track with guest vocals by the ever-talented Jason Vena creates such a jam.

9. Off to the Races – Lana Del Rey: I love Lana’s Nancy-Sinatra-on-drugs vibe and this song is the perfect representation of her work: old school vocals and lyrics with a new wave twist.

8. A Vicious Kind – Yellowcard: I forgot Yellowcard’s 2012 Album “Southern Air” when comprising my top 10 albums list, but it’s perfect pop-punk. If this song doesn’t get you hyped up, nothing will.

7. Only You – Ellie Goulding: One of my favorites from Ellie’s new album. Haunting, but upbeat, this track has it all.

6. Victoria – Eve 6: If you haven’t noticed yet, this list is a little biased towards upbeat, catchy, and lyrically sound songs. Here’s another with more of a rock edge.

5. Birthday Song – 2 Chainz ft. Kanye West: It’s fun, it’s funny, and it’s one of the best songs to rap to when you’re driving around.

4. I Will Fall – Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen: To be fair this is from the TV show Nashville so it’s a song from a soundtrack, but it’s an incredible track. This isn’t like some other track from Glee though. It’s a soulful and beautiful sung, definitely worth a listen – as is the rest of the show’s soundtrack.

3. Some Nights – fun.: Aside from it being overplayed on the radio, I’ve been listening to this song since fun.’s album was released last February, and I’m STILL not sick of it. There’s no denying it’s one of the best of the year.

2. Breathing Underwater – Metric: Pop-electronic music that actually makes you feel something? Sign me up. Metric has been a favorite of mine for a while, and their new album was one that defined my summer, their tracks being the backdrop for more than a few great nights with my friends.

1. Take a Walk – Passion Pit: I can’t help but turn the volume all the way up whenever this song comes on in my car. You can dance to it, you can sing along with it, and you can never, ever get sick of it.

Alexa Hoyle can be reached for comment at ahoyle@student.umass.edu.