Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

Many motor vehicle violations in Amherst this weekend

Shaina Mishkin/Collegian

Most of the weekend activity for the Amherst Police Department was on the road, with a spike in motor vehicle stops from recent weekends.

However student misbehavior off-campus stayed the same as Detective David Foster of the APD called it “typical.”

“It doesn’t look bad, it looks pretty typical for it being so cold,” he said of the weekend’s dispatch log.

Foster said he did not expect the upcoming weekend– the last before finals week– to be out of the ordinary, and that there would be likely less incidents than most weekends.

“Typically everyone tends to buckle down,” Foster said.

Pedro Leyton, 23, of Florence, was stopped by police at 28 Mill Lane in a grey 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue around 9:30 p.m. Friday. He was arrested on charges of speeding and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.

Three hours later, Shane Bowen, 21, of Northampton, was stopped by police after allegedly making an illegal turn onto Hallock St. in a brown 2003 Chevy Impala, which had flat front tires, according to Foster. Bowen was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of alcohol, negligent operation of a motor vehicle to endanger, failing to dim headlights and ticketed for failing to use care and stop his vehicle.

Around 1:27 a.m., police received a call for an assault at Bangs Community Center located at 70 Boltwood Walk in which a male in an alley was allegedly pushed and kicked after interacting with a group of passing individuals, who “ran away” Foster said. The male had been calling out to passersby, Foster said.

Ralph Reed, 48, of Amherst, was arrested around 4:36 p.m. at A.J. Hastings located at 45 South Pleasant St. on the charge of disorderly conduct after “yelling at people in the store,” Foster said, adding that Reed was later transported to Cooley Dickinson Hospital for medical treatment.

Joshua Quinn, 20, of Elmsford, N.Y. was arrested 1:19 a.m. Sunday on charges of operating under the influence of alcohol, speeding, possession of an open container of alcohol in a vehicle and being a minor in possession of alcohol after being stopped in a grey 2009 Nissan Titan by police in the vicinity of 50 Meadow St.

Christopher Phann, 20, of Lowell, was stopped around 2:26 a.m. by police near Paradise of India at 87 Main St. after allegedly failing to stop at a red light, Foster said. Phann was arrested on the charges of failing to stop at a stop sign, operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol and not being in possession of a license.

Police received a call for suspicious activity at 992 East Pleasant St. around 2:47 a.m.

An individual allegedly “knocked on the wrong door” to the house, told the resident not to call the police and “ran to the back of the property,” Foster said. Leonard Schwartz, 20, of Portland, Maine, was arrested for disorderly conduct.

Michelle Buonasaro, 22, of Norwood, was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of alcohol and failing to stop at a stoplight around 3:12 a.m. in the vicinity of Fort River School located at 70 South East St. She allegedly drove through a red light in a black 2000 Pontiac Grand Am.

Larceny was reported to police around 7:57 p.m. at Captain Video located at 19 Montague Road. Foster said DVDs had been stolen from the store and that the case was still under investigation as of Monday morning.

Chelsie Field can be reached at cfield@student.umass.edu.