Report: UMass football’s Todd Stafford arrested Saturday morning in Stamford, Connecticut -

Monday, July 20, 2015

UMass names Molly O’Mara newly-created associate director of athletics for communications and PR -

Monday, July 20, 2015

Baker approves state budget, UMass to receive $5.25 million less than legislature’s proposed figure -

Friday, July 17, 2015

UMass bathroom policy to provide comfort, safety for transgender and non-gender conforming students -

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Long-time UMass professor Normand Berlin, 83, dies -

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

UMass professor and poet James Tate dies at 71 -

Thursday, July 9, 2015

State legislators propose budget, UMass could receive almost $532 million -

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Cause of death determined for UMass student Chloe Malast -

Monday, July 6, 2015

Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Net Impact to host mini-conference in support of local food bank

Before the semester draws to a close, Isenberg School of Management club Net Impact invites University of Massachusetts students to an evening of food, music and mingling tonight in the Isenberg Atrium at 7 p.m.

Net Impact, a group which encourages the support of sustainable business, will be holding the mini-conference in support of the Western Massachusetts Food Bank, according to the event flyer. Though the event is free, donations will be accepted for the food bank.

Michelle Woodward, vice president for marketing and communications of the UMass Net Impact chapter, said the mini-conference format of the event was “a perfect way” to showcase Net Impact’s characteristics, other than fundraising and volunteer work.

“We work to improve our organizational and leadership skills and network with professionals in the field,” Woodward said.

The event will kick off with a variety of speakers. The keynote speaker is MJ Viederman of TRU2U U, an organization whose mission is to inspire students and groups to spark social change, according to a press release.

For the remainder of the mini-conference, students are free to mingle with other guests and interact with local businesses tabling at the event, the release said.

According to the release, these will include TRU2U U and Whole Foods, along with Pedal People, a Northampton co-op with workers that remove trash by bicycle, 10,000 Villages, a fair trade also of Northampton and Stakeholder’s Capital, an investment managing firm devoted to socially responsible wealth management.

“The event will be a great opportunity for students to network with socially and environmentally responsible businesses. Many of these businesses offer internships, so if a student is interested in social enterprise this could be a good opportunity to get an internship and gain experience in the field,” UMass Net Impact President Angela Miller said.

Food will be provided for guests as well as live music courtesy of the UMass Association for Musical Performance RSO.

Jaclyn Bryson can be reached at jbryson@student.umass.edu.