UMass softball fails to reach expectations in up-and-down 2015 season -

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

‘Black Lives Matter’ painting sparks controversy -

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Patrick Archbald named interim chief of UMPD -

Monday, May 4, 2015

UMass women’s lacrosse draws Jacksonville in first round of 2015 NCAA tournament -

Sunday, May 3, 2015

UMass baseball’s ninth inning rally falls short in series finale with Richmond -

Sunday, May 3, 2015

UMass softball eliminated from A-10 playoff contention as 2015 season ends -

Sunday, May 3, 2015

UMass women’s lacrosse takes home seventh straight A-10 championship -

Sunday, May 3, 2015

UMass tight end Jean Sifrin goes undrafted in NFL draft, signs with Indianapolis Colts as undrafted free agent -

Saturday, May 2, 2015

UMass men’s lacrosse topped by Towson in CAA title game -

Saturday, May 2, 2015

UMPD investigating burglary in Washington Hall -

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Marty Meehan’s appointment as UMass president comes as little surprise -

Saturday, May 2, 2015

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to A-10 championship with 12-3 win over George Mason -

Friday, May 1, 2015

Not done yet: UMass men’s soccer’s Matt Keys and hockey’s Troy Power still pursuing pro dreams after graduation -

Friday, May 1, 2015

UMass Lowell Chancellor Marty Meehan elected president of UMass system -

Friday, May 1, 2015

UMass men’s lacrosse upsets No. 1 seed Fairfield to advance to CAA championship -

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Walk-off home run sinks UMass softball in pitching duel with UConn -

Thursday, April 30, 2015

UMass rowing looks to defend A-10 title Saturday in New Jersey -

Thursday, April 30, 2015

UMass search committee names two finalists for system president -

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Senior Columns 2014-2015 -

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Krauthammer critiques Obama doctrine -

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Net Impact to host mini-conference in support of local food bank

Before the semester draws to a close, Isenberg School of Management club Net Impact invites University of Massachusetts students to an evening of food, music and mingling tonight in the Isenberg Atrium at 7 p.m.

Net Impact, a group which encourages the support of sustainable business, will be holding the mini-conference in support of the Western Massachusetts Food Bank, according to the event flyer. Though the event is free, donations will be accepted for the food bank.

Michelle Woodward, vice president for marketing and communications of the UMass Net Impact chapter, said the mini-conference format of the event was “a perfect way” to showcase Net Impact’s characteristics, other than fundraising and volunteer work.

“We work to improve our organizational and leadership skills and network with professionals in the field,” Woodward said.

The event will kick off with a variety of speakers. The keynote speaker is MJ Viederman of TRU2U U, an organization whose mission is to inspire students and groups to spark social change, according to a press release.

For the remainder of the mini-conference, students are free to mingle with other guests and interact with local businesses tabling at the event, the release said.

According to the release, these will include TRU2U U and Whole Foods, along with Pedal People, a Northampton co-op with workers that remove trash by bicycle, 10,000 Villages, a fair trade also of Northampton and Stakeholder’s Capital, an investment managing firm devoted to socially responsible wealth management.

“The event will be a great opportunity for students to network with socially and environmentally responsible businesses. Many of these businesses offer internships, so if a student is interested in social enterprise this could be a good opportunity to get an internship and gain experience in the field,” UMass Net Impact President Angela Miller said.

Food will be provided for guests as well as live music courtesy of the UMass Association for Musical Performance RSO.

Jaclyn Bryson can be reached at jbryson@student.umass.edu.