UMass student struck and killed by vehicle Thursday night -

Friday, August 1, 2014

UMass receives anonymous $10.3 million gift -

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

UMass Football summer coverage 2014 -

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chiarelli: Sam Koch’s impact evident in those who knew him best -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Longtime UMass men’s soccer coach Sam Koch dies after two-year battle with sinus cancer -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Southwest evacuated after gas leak -

UMass Rowing finishes NCAA Championships, ends year ranked No. 21 in the nation -

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two UMass basketball alums to compete for a lofty prize in The Basketball Tournament -

Friday, May 23, 2014

Commencement Photos 2014 -

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Two arrested in relation to series of vandalism -

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Students push for relocation of the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health -

Monday, May 12, 2014

Video: No. 14 UMass WLAX ends season in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

No. 14 UMass women’s lacrosse season ends in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sixth inning rally propels UMass past Dayton 7-2 -

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

McMahon, Ferris and McGovern: Not your usual transfer story -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Women’s lacrosse defeats Richmond 10-6 to win sixth straight A-10 Championship -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

No. 13 UMass women’s lacrosse knocks off Duquesne 16-3 to reach Atlantic 10 finals -

Friday, May 2, 2014

UMass one of 55 schools currently facing investigation over handling of sexual assault cases -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Two thefts reported at library -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Senior Columns 2013-2014 -

Net Impact to host mini-conference in support of local food bank

Before the semester draws to a close, Isenberg School of Management club Net Impact invites University of Massachusetts students to an evening of food, music and mingling tonight in the Isenberg Atrium at 7 p.m.

Net Impact, a group which encourages the support of sustainable business, will be holding the mini-conference in support of the Western Massachusetts Food Bank, according to the event flyer. Though the event is free, donations will be accepted for the food bank.

Michelle Woodward, vice president for marketing and communications of the UMass Net Impact chapter, said the mini-conference format of the event was “a perfect way” to showcase Net Impact’s characteristics, other than fundraising and volunteer work.

“We work to improve our organizational and leadership skills and network with professionals in the field,” Woodward said.

The event will kick off with a variety of speakers. The keynote speaker is MJ Viederman of TRU2U U, an organization whose mission is to inspire students and groups to spark social change, according to a press release.

For the remainder of the mini-conference, students are free to mingle with other guests and interact with local businesses tabling at the event, the release said.

According to the release, these will include TRU2U U and Whole Foods, along with Pedal People, a Northampton co-op with workers that remove trash by bicycle, 10,000 Villages, a fair trade also of Northampton and Stakeholder’s Capital, an investment managing firm devoted to socially responsible wealth management.

“The event will be a great opportunity for students to network with socially and environmentally responsible businesses. Many of these businesses offer internships, so if a student is interested in social enterprise this could be a good opportunity to get an internship and gain experience in the field,” UMass Net Impact President Angela Miller said.

Food will be provided for guests as well as live music courtesy of the UMass Association for Musical Performance RSO.

Jaclyn Bryson can be reached at jbryson@student.umass.edu.