Adam Liccardi found guilty in UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jackson Porter adapting well following switch to wide receiver -

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Minutemen look for Robert Kitching to anchor defensive line -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Closing arguments delivered in Adam Liccardi rape trial -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Early goals sink UMass men’s soccer in loss to Saint Peter’s -

Monday, August 31, 2015

UMass field hockey splits weekend matches with UNH and BU -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass women’s soccer struck by injuries, struggles offensively as it falls to No. 24 Rutgers -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jamal Wilson returns from injury with confidence he is ‘main guy’ at running back -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Freshmen Sekai Lindsay, Andy Isabella impressing at running back -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass ranked in top 25 for LGBTQ students -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass football fall camp day five: Rodney Mills looks to continue bringing versatility to tight end position -

Friday, August 21, 2015

How to switch up your wardrobe for the new year

Flickr / Terrapin Flyer

Everyone wants to start off the new year looking good, and end the new year looking better. They want to hit the perfect weight, where they look skinny, but not deathly ill. However, reaching the perfect weight is hard, and sweets are irresistible.  So just in case those pounds don’t fly off, use these wardrobes tricks to ensure that you always look good.

Find your thing

Before you start completely redesigning your look, experiment with some statement pieces that could become a staple in your wardrobe. A new wardrobe staple could be anything from a peplum top to a pair of over the knee boots to funky accessories such as a collar necklace. Experiment with everything and anything. If you see someone on campus rocking a pair of cowboy boots that you think you could never pull off, try it anyways. This will help you get comfortable with trying out new things. When you find a staple that you really like, invest in buying variations of it.

Winter Cleaning

Before hitting the clothing stores, clean out your closet. Go through every item of clothing you own, weeding out items that you didn’t wear that much or you just didn’t like. Be sure to get rid of every item that is stained, has an unintentional rip or that has been stretched out of shape. When you’re done going through your closet, look at everything that you found. If there are any clothes that will look great with your new staples, save them and make a promise to at least wear everything one more time (or even for the first time). Finding that shirt that has spent the last 6 months hiding in the depths of your drawers could save you some money.

Who Are You?

Here comes the fun part:  shopping. But before you drive off to the mall or any shopping outlets, decide who you want to be. Think about any celebrity styles that you want to emulate. Do you want to be boho-chic or preppy? Or maybe you want to be a combination of the two? Or maybe you want to travel miles away from typical mainstream fashion? Since the point of your wardrobe upheaval is to reinvent yourself, don’t be afraid to go outside of your comfort zone. Pick a few looks to try out. When you’re comfortable with these looks, start to invest in more pieces. Before you know it, your wardrobe will be complete and you’ll be able to rock your new look every day.

Accessorize

You have the statement pieces, the clothes that go with them, and the confidence to pull it all together. Even if some of your statement pieces are accessories, you should still stock up on more accessories. After all, diamonds are a girl’s best friend. Experiment with bags, scarves, feather earrings, bracelets, everything! If you want to keep it simple, so be it, but stick with a piece that draws enough attention without being gaudy. If you’re going for a dramatic, mega-glam look, go all out. Whichever way you choose to present yourself, always make sure that you’re confident with your fashion choices. Confidence is your best accessory.

Stephen Margelony-Lajoie can be reached at smargelo@student.umass.edu.