UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

Ryan Moloney pitches seven scoreless innings as UMass baseball takes series opener from Fordham -

UMass women’s track and field finishes in a three-way tie for first place

The Massachusetts women’s track and field team continued its recent dominance on Friday, finishing in a three-way tie for first place with Boston College and Northeastern at the Joe Donahue Indoor Games in Roxbury.

For the second consecutive week, UMass put together a strong all-around performance resulting in a top finish, highlighted by two first-place efforts as well another New England Championship qualifying result.

Becky Stoyle stole the show for the third consecutive meet, placing first in the triple jump for the second straight week, while setting a new personal record and surpassing the program’s fourth-best mark of all-time — one that was previously held by Stoyle — with a distance of 38-feet, 11.5 inches. Stoyle is just 2.75 inches shy from the third best jump in program history.

Katherine Finnegan was the other Minutewoman who took home first place honors, finishing with a distance of 18 feet, 0.25 inches in the long jump. Finnegan has finished first in the long jump in two of three meets so far this season.
Another one of UMass’ strong sophomore jumpers, Courtney Kromko, made her presence felt by placing in two events, including a NEC qualifying effort in the triple jump. Kromko finished runner up to Stoyle in the event, posting her new personal best distance of 37 feet, 8.75 inches. Kromko also placed seventh in the high jump with a height of five feet, one inch, matching her personal best performance.

UMass showed off its talented thrower’s group, as three seniors placed in the shot put. Nalis Mbianda’s distance of 43 feet, 6.5 inches was good enough for a second place finish. Rachelle Bourque and Kaylee DeVincent also finished in fourth and sixth place, respectively, in the event.

The Minutewomen also placed third in each of the 4×400-meter and 4×800-meter relays. Michelle Jenssen, Sarah Bittermann, Erika Unger and Meghan Landry completed the 4×400 in a time of 3:59.53. In the 4×800 relay, Rachel Hilliard, Katrina Martyn, Molly McMahon and Megan Cummings came in at 10:08.30.
Emma Riedel and Kayla Baldwin both placed in the 60- and 200-meter dash races. Baldwin finished in seventh place in the 60-meters with a time of eight seconds flat, while also placing seventh in the 200-meter dash, crossing the finish line at 26:55.

Riedel’s time in the 200 meters was good enough for fifth place, as she also took the eighth spot in 60 meters, running it in 8:02.

The Minutewomen move on to Kingston, R.I., on Saturday to compete in the URI Coaches Invite.

Joey Saade can be reached at jsaade@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @MDC_Saade.