UMass men’s basketball struggles offensively in 69-53 loss against Richmond -

UMass women’s basketball falls short against Fordham Saturday afternoon -

UMass hockey loses ninth straight, falls to No. 9 BU 6-3 -

UMass hockey can’t heed coach John Micheletto’s warning in 6-3 loss against BU -

Jury convicts Patrick Durocher of rape, assault and battery -

UMass student dies Friday morning -

Puck Talk: UMass prepares for the Terriers -

Third and 20: the Super Bowl -

UMass women’s basketball set to take on Fordham at Mullins -

UMass investigating alleged misuse of campus resources within Physical Plant -

Closing arguments delivered as Patrick Durocher trial moves toward resolution -

UMass football announces 30 members to its 2016 recruiting class -

Dean’s Beans founder speaks at first MassPIRG meeting of semester -

UMass revises guest policy for Super Bowl weekend -

UMass graduates are ‘attractive to employers’ -

IT to host open forum, discuss new acceptable use and confidentiality policies -

Herrell’s hosts event to support Whole Children -

UMass police chief hiring procedure involves input from across campus -

UMass men’s and women’s track and field set to perform this weekend in preparation for the Atlantic 10 championships -

Heather MacLean shines in junior season for UMass track and field -

UMass women’s track and field finishes in a three-way tie for first place

The Massachusetts women’s track and field team continued its recent dominance on Friday, finishing in a three-way tie for first place with Boston College and Northeastern at the Joe Donahue Indoor Games in Roxbury.

For the second consecutive week, UMass put together a strong all-around performance resulting in a top finish, highlighted by two first-place efforts as well another New England Championship qualifying result.

Becky Stoyle stole the show for the third consecutive meet, placing first in the triple jump for the second straight week, while setting a new personal record and surpassing the program’s fourth-best mark of all-time — one that was previously held by Stoyle — with a distance of 38-feet, 11.5 inches. Stoyle is just 2.75 inches shy from the third best jump in program history.

Katherine Finnegan was the other Minutewoman who took home first place honors, finishing with a distance of 18 feet, 0.25 inches in the long jump. Finnegan has finished first in the long jump in two of three meets so far this season.
Another one of UMass’ strong sophomore jumpers, Courtney Kromko, made her presence felt by placing in two events, including a NEC qualifying effort in the triple jump. Kromko finished runner up to Stoyle in the event, posting her new personal best distance of 37 feet, 8.75 inches. Kromko also placed seventh in the high jump with a height of five feet, one inch, matching her personal best performance.

UMass showed off its talented thrower’s group, as three seniors placed in the shot put. Nalis Mbianda’s distance of 43 feet, 6.5 inches was good enough for a second place finish. Rachelle Bourque and Kaylee DeVincent also finished in fourth and sixth place, respectively, in the event.

The Minutewomen also placed third in each of the 4×400-meter and 4×800-meter relays. Michelle Jenssen, Sarah Bittermann, Erika Unger and Meghan Landry completed the 4×400 in a time of 3:59.53. In the 4×800 relay, Rachel Hilliard, Katrina Martyn, Molly McMahon and Megan Cummings came in at 10:08.30.
Emma Riedel and Kayla Baldwin both placed in the 60- and 200-meter dash races. Baldwin finished in seventh place in the 60-meters with a time of eight seconds flat, while also placing seventh in the 200-meter dash, crossing the finish line at 26:55.

Riedel’s time in the 200 meters was good enough for fifth place, as she also took the eighth spot in 60 meters, running it in 8:02.

The Minutewomen move on to Kingston, R.I., on Saturday to compete in the URI Coaches Invite.

Joey Saade can be reached at jsaade@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @MDC_Saade.