John Ashcroft faces criticism during speech -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass football continues move in new direction in annual Spring Game -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Student rally in support of Gordon, LGBTQ community -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thousands gather in Amherst Commons for 23rd Annual Extravaganja -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sexual violence is not ‘normal’ -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

One year after Boston Marathon bombings, UMass doctor Pierre Rouzier continues passion to help -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Photo Slideshow: UMass United Rally -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Get Yourself Tested at UMass -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Library labyrinth targets stress -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

There is nothing to debate about global warming -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass hits the road to take on LaSalle -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

No. 11 UMass women’s lacrosse looks to extend winning streak against Richmond -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Southeastern Conference commissioner Mike Slive latest McCormack Executive-in-Residence -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Got a little Irish in you? -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass doctoral student awarded Soros Fellowship -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass Dressage Team discusses the lesser-known sport -

Canelas: Things worth watching in Spring Game 2014 -

‘The Walking Dead’ finale resurrects a dull season -

Five places to study at UMass -

UMass tennis team battles injuries as season comes to an end -

UMass women’s track and field finishes in a three-way tie for first place

The Massachusetts women’s track and field team continued its recent dominance on Friday, finishing in a three-way tie for first place with Boston College and Northeastern at the Joe Donahue Indoor Games in Roxbury.

For the second consecutive week, UMass put together a strong all-around performance resulting in a top finish, highlighted by two first-place efforts as well another New England Championship qualifying result.

Becky Stoyle stole the show for the third consecutive meet, placing first in the triple jump for the second straight week, while setting a new personal record and surpassing the program’s fourth-best mark of all-time — one that was previously held by Stoyle — with a distance of 38-feet, 11.5 inches. Stoyle is just 2.75 inches shy from the third best jump in program history.

Katherine Finnegan was the other Minutewoman who took home first place honors, finishing with a distance of 18 feet, 0.25 inches in the long jump. Finnegan has finished first in the long jump in two of three meets so far this season.
Another one of UMass’ strong sophomore jumpers, Courtney Kromko, made her presence felt by placing in two events, including a NEC qualifying effort in the triple jump. Kromko finished runner up to Stoyle in the event, posting her new personal best distance of 37 feet, 8.75 inches. Kromko also placed seventh in the high jump with a height of five feet, one inch, matching her personal best performance.

UMass showed off its talented thrower’s group, as three seniors placed in the shot put. Nalis Mbianda’s distance of 43 feet, 6.5 inches was good enough for a second place finish. Rachelle Bourque and Kaylee DeVincent also finished in fourth and sixth place, respectively, in the event.

The Minutewomen also placed third in each of the 4×400-meter and 4×800-meter relays. Michelle Jenssen, Sarah Bittermann, Erika Unger and Meghan Landry completed the 4×400 in a time of 3:59.53. In the 4×800 relay, Rachel Hilliard, Katrina Martyn, Molly McMahon and Megan Cummings came in at 10:08.30.
Emma Riedel and Kayla Baldwin both placed in the 60- and 200-meter dash races. Baldwin finished in seventh place in the 60-meters with a time of eight seconds flat, while also placing seventh in the 200-meter dash, crossing the finish line at 26:55.

Riedel’s time in the 200 meters was good enough for fifth place, as she also took the eighth spot in 60 meters, running it in 8:02.

The Minutewomen move on to Kingston, R.I., on Saturday to compete in the URI Coaches Invite.

Joey Saade can be reached at jsaade@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @MDC_Saade.