UMass falls short at home to UNH 1-0 -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tennis shines in West Point Invitational -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

SGA to launch new binge drinking awareness campaign -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

UMass rugby captain Devin Ibanez: ‘I’m just a rugby maniac’ -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

SGA discusses University’s confidential informant policy -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Akron upsets ACC foe, Toledo outruns Central Michigan -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Electro-pop duo Cherub takes its sweet sound to Pearl Street -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fight for college affordability continues -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

U.S. News ranks UMass among top 30 public universities -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Battling arguments -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tim McGraw comes back strong in ‘Sundown Heaven Town’ -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

No arrests made at UMass Homecoming tailgate and game -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Alt-J diversifies and grows in ‘This Is All Yours.’ -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

FSU holds off the Wolfpack while Hill leads the Aggies to an overtime victory -

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

UPDATE: UMass Police Department and Student Affairs officials to conduct review of confidential informant policy -

Monday, September 29, 2014

UMass men’s soccer shut out by UNH, 1-0, on Sunday -

Monday, September 29, 2014

The best ways to decorate your dorm room -

Monday, September 29, 2014

UMass needs to actively combat sexual assault -

Monday, September 29, 2014

Northwestern District Attorney’s office hosts National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day -

Monday, September 29, 2014

Students celebrate return of UMass football with tailgate festivities -

Monday, September 29, 2014

UMass women’s track and field finishes in a three-way tie for first place

The Massachusetts women’s track and field team continued its recent dominance on Friday, finishing in a three-way tie for first place with Boston College and Northeastern at the Joe Donahue Indoor Games in Roxbury.

For the second consecutive week, UMass put together a strong all-around performance resulting in a top finish, highlighted by two first-place efforts as well another New England Championship qualifying result.

Becky Stoyle stole the show for the third consecutive meet, placing first in the triple jump for the second straight week, while setting a new personal record and surpassing the program’s fourth-best mark of all-time — one that was previously held by Stoyle — with a distance of 38-feet, 11.5 inches. Stoyle is just 2.75 inches shy from the third best jump in program history.

Katherine Finnegan was the other Minutewoman who took home first place honors, finishing with a distance of 18 feet, 0.25 inches in the long jump. Finnegan has finished first in the long jump in two of three meets so far this season.
Another one of UMass’ strong sophomore jumpers, Courtney Kromko, made her presence felt by placing in two events, including a NEC qualifying effort in the triple jump. Kromko finished runner up to Stoyle in the event, posting her new personal best distance of 37 feet, 8.75 inches. Kromko also placed seventh in the high jump with a height of five feet, one inch, matching her personal best performance.

UMass showed off its talented thrower’s group, as three seniors placed in the shot put. Nalis Mbianda’s distance of 43 feet, 6.5 inches was good enough for a second place finish. Rachelle Bourque and Kaylee DeVincent also finished in fourth and sixth place, respectively, in the event.

The Minutewomen also placed third in each of the 4×400-meter and 4×800-meter relays. Michelle Jenssen, Sarah Bittermann, Erika Unger and Meghan Landry completed the 4×400 in a time of 3:59.53. In the 4×800 relay, Rachel Hilliard, Katrina Martyn, Molly McMahon and Megan Cummings came in at 10:08.30.
Emma Riedel and Kayla Baldwin both placed in the 60- and 200-meter dash races. Baldwin finished in seventh place in the 60-meters with a time of eight seconds flat, while also placing seventh in the 200-meter dash, crossing the finish line at 26:55.

Riedel’s time in the 200 meters was good enough for fifth place, as she also took the eighth spot in 60 meters, running it in 8:02.

The Minutewomen move on to Kingston, R.I., on Saturday to compete in the URI Coaches Invite.

Joey Saade can be reached at jsaade@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @MDC_Saade.