Ray Pigozzi shines in first game back for the UMass hockey team since November 4 -

UMass starts hot, finishes strong in upset win over No. 12 Notre Dame -

SGA vice president will resign at the end of the semester -

Raise the Flag protestors praise -

Dining and Housekeeping employees at Smith College seek new contract -

In response to election, immigration lawyer briefs students on potential changes -

Avinoam Patt discusses the role of displaced Jews in the creation of Israel -

UMass women’s basketball falls to Hartford, snaps three-game winning streak -

Brison Gresham makes long awaited debut for UMass men’s basketball -

UMass hockey hosts No. 12 Notre Dame in Hockey East doubleheader -

UMass men’s basketball picks up fourth straight win as it tops Wagner Wednesday night at Mullins Center -

UMass hockey gets chance to bond during trip to Belfast -

The true backbone of America -

Letter: Craig’s Place to fight against fatal budget cuts -

Enduring the 2016 Tower Run at Du Bois Library -

C.J. Anderson, Malik Hines each have career nights in UMass men’s basketball’s win over Wagner -

Panelists talk about their experiences with incarceration in the Feinberg Lecture Series -

Suzanne Fenton discusses the effects of early life chemical exposure -

Christmas tree farmers discuss effects of New England drought on their harvest -

UMass men’s basketball’s frontcourt looks to build on solid start to season -

UMass grad programs among tops according to U.S. News survey

Both the University of Massachusetts nursing and business administration online graduate programs have been ranked among the top 25 programs of their type by U.S. News & World Report, according to a news release.

The online master’s program in nursing is ranked 12th, and the MBA program from Isenberg School of Management is ranked 22nd, according to the release. The School of Education’s online master’s in education also was ranked at 59th.

The nursing program was ranked based off responses to a questionnaire sent out at the end of summer 2012 to 101 institutions offering a master’s degree in nursing, according to U.S. News.

Based on responses to the survey, U.S. News calculated a ranking for each school based on several factors including graduation rate, GPA scores, time required to complete the degree and student debt carried after completing the program.

UMass graduate nursing program’s overall score was 70.1 out of 100. It had 31 students during the 2011-12 academic year, according to the press release, and had 10 full-time and six part-time faculty members teaching its courses.

The MBA program’s overall score was a 60.9. The program had more than 925 students last year, according to the release, and had 12 full-time and 22 part-time faculty members teaching courses.

Several factors were used for the MBA program ranking system, according to the press release. But the system ranked among 213 schools and gave more weight to the peer reputation of the program.

The school of education’s online program is known as Science Education Online (SEO), according to the press release. More than 200 online education programs were assessed by U.S. News based on some of the same factors as the nursing and MBA programs. Particular attention was paid to student engagement in the programs, faculty training and credentials and student services and technology, the release said.

Selectivity of admissions at each of the programs was factored into all of the rankings for online master’s degree programs.

Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Mich., has the top master’s degree program available for nursing in the country, according to the press release. The top MBA program is available at Washington State University’s in Pullman, Wash.

Patrick Hoff can be reached at pphoff@student.umass.edu.