UMass crime alerts reveal reports of lewd acts -

Friday, August 22, 2014

UMass women’s soccer hopes added depth brings more consistency in 2014 -

Friday, August 22, 2014

UMass mourns death of alumnus and journalist James Foley -

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Kassan Messiah, Trey Seals to shoulder pass rushing responsibility for UMass football -

Thursday, August 21, 2014

UMass names Blake Frohnapfel as the starting quarterback -

Monday, August 18, 2014

Decision looms for Mark Whipple as UMass football looks to name starting quarterback -

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Former UMass star Marcel Shipp overseeing a strong running back competition -

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Former UMass basketball star Chaz Williams signs professional contract in Turkey, still eyeing NBA career -

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Minutemen anxious to display aggressive defense -

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

UMass football turns the page, excited for 2014 season -

Monday, August 4, 2014

UMass student struck and killed by vehicle Thursday night -

Friday, August 1, 2014

UMass receives anonymous $10.3 million gift -

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

UMass football summer coverage 2014 -

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chiarelli: Sam Koch’s impact evident in those who knew him best -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Longtime UMass men’s soccer coach Sam Koch dies after two-year battle with sinus cancer -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Southwest evacuated after gas leak -

UMass Rowing finishes NCAA Championships, ends year ranked No. 21 in the nation -

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two UMass basketball alums to compete for a lofty prize in The Basketball Tournament -

Friday, May 23, 2014

Commencement Photos 2014 -

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Two arrested in relation to series of vandalism -

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

UMass grad programs among tops according to U.S. News survey

Both the University of Massachusetts nursing and business administration online graduate programs have been ranked among the top 25 programs of their type by U.S. News & World Report, according to a news release.

The online master’s program in nursing is ranked 12th, and the MBA program from Isenberg School of Management is ranked 22nd, according to the release. The School of Education’s online master’s in education also was ranked at 59th.

The nursing program was ranked based off responses to a questionnaire sent out at the end of summer 2012 to 101 institutions offering a master’s degree in nursing, according to U.S. News.

Based on responses to the survey, U.S. News calculated a ranking for each school based on several factors including graduation rate, GPA scores, time required to complete the degree and student debt carried after completing the program.

UMass graduate nursing program’s overall score was 70.1 out of 100. It had 31 students during the 2011-12 academic year, according to the press release, and had 10 full-time and six part-time faculty members teaching its courses.

The MBA program’s overall score was a 60.9. The program had more than 925 students last year, according to the release, and had 12 full-time and 22 part-time faculty members teaching courses.

Several factors were used for the MBA program ranking system, according to the press release. But the system ranked among 213 schools and gave more weight to the peer reputation of the program.

The school of education’s online program is known as Science Education Online (SEO), according to the press release. More than 200 online education programs were assessed by U.S. News based on some of the same factors as the nursing and MBA programs. Particular attention was paid to student engagement in the programs, faculty training and credentials and student services and technology, the release said.

Selectivity of admissions at each of the programs was factored into all of the rankings for online master’s degree programs.

Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Mich., has the top master’s degree program available for nursing in the country, according to the press release. The top MBA program is available at Washington State University’s in Pullman, Wash.

Patrick Hoff can be reached at pphoff@student.umass.edu.