Community talks education, immigrants’ rights, climate change with state senators -

Q&A: Khalif Nunnally-Rivera, an advocate for access and affordability for underrepresented students -

Plant-Based Nutrition club promotes healthier, sustainable diets on campus -

Rolling tobacco and high profits for iRollie -

UMass softball to kickoff conference schedule on Thursday at Boston University -

UMass baseball coach Mike Stone trying not to dwell on 2017 being his final season -

Fresh off NCAA Championship appearance, UMass diver Emma Roush looks ahead -

Notebook: UMass men’s soccer adds junior college transfer to roster for next season -

Newly appointed UMass defensive line coach Dave Wissman has taken interesting road to Amherst -

Student Union Craft Center serves as an open space of expression for students -

An ode to Amherst’s American Legion -

Letter: The Graduate Employee Organization wants to empower those who are marginalized -

To counter and balance: A place for conversation in the opinion pages -

Activism can change the world -

Active Minds strives to start conversation about mental health, end stigma -

Native American Student Association plans for powwow after travelling to Native Nations Rise March in Washington D.C. -

Black Student Union aims to be a strong voice for the African-American community on UMass’ campus -

UMass Students for Reproductive Justice continue fighting for student rights -

UMass notebook: Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry reportedly interviewed for a second time Monday for men’s basketball head coaching vacancy -

UMass softball anxiously awaits start of conference play with doubleheader against BU looming Thursday. -

BU and Providence skate to a hard-fought tie

With less than seven minutes left in regulation, the Boston University hockey player Danny O’Regan scored a game-tying goal against Providence, forcing overtime.  But neither team could score a goal in the extra frame and the final scoreboard read 3-3 at Agganis Arena.

The Terriers (13-9-1, 10-6-1 Hockey East Association) opened the scoring      17 minutes, 34 seconds into the first period on a goal by Ben Rosen. The senior tapped home a rebound off a shot by Matt Lane and beat Friars goaltender Jon Gillies.

Providence (10-10-4, 8-6-3 HEA) responded with a goal just 74 seconds later on a power play goal by senior Myles Harvey.

It was the Friars that took the initiative in the second period, taking their first lead of the night 4:27 into the frame on a goal by freshman Steven McParland.

BU answered with a goal of its own on a 5-on-3 power play by Matt Nieto, ending the second period in a 2-2 tie.

Less than a minute in the third period the  Friars regained the lead on a goal by Shane Luke. It took O’Regan’s goal on a wraparound at the left post to even the score.

BU goalie Matt O’Connor made 26 saves, while  Gilles finished with 28.

The Terriers play their next game  at UMass at 7 p.m.  Friday night while the Friars go on to play Connecticut on Thursday.

UNH rolls past Merrimack

New Hampshire  topped Merrimack 6-2 on Saturday at Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, N.H., to earn the Riverstone Cup.

Trevor van Riemsdyk earned Most Valuable Player honors with four assists in the game, while 10 different UNH players were involved in scoring and four players had multi-point efforts.

The Wildcats (15-6-2, 10-5-1 HEA) took a 1-0 lead into the second period, but the Warriors (10-10-5, 8-6-2 HEA) at 4:32 on a goal by Ben Bahe.

UNH quickly answered to the equalizer with three goals in a matter of eight minutes with tallies from Connor Hardowa, Dan Correale and Collin MacDonald.

Casey DeSmith made 35 saves for the Wildcats while Merrimack’s Sam Marotta stopped 22.

UNH  plays again Friday night against Northeastern while the Merrimack hosts UMass Lowell.

Black Bears upset BC

Maine beat No. 3 Boston College Saturday night, 3-1, to earn its first weekend-sweep at Conte Forum since January 1993.

The Black bears (7-14-4, 3-9-4 HEA) took the lead early on a goal by Jon Swavely at 18:43, beating Eagles (14-7-2, 11-6-1 HE) netminder Brian Billett (26 saves) glove-side high.

The remained the same through the second period of play, but Maine got off to a fast start in the third period, scoring twice in a matter of ten minutes to give the Black Bears a 3-0 cushion over the top team in Hockey East.

Connor Leen scored on a rebound at 2:48 and Swavely followed at 13:44 for his second tally of the night.

BC did manage to get on the board. However, the goal came with just nine seconds remaining off a deflection by junior forward Patrick Brown.

Black Bears goalie Martin Ouellette made 24 saves for his fifth win of the season.

Maine hosts Providence on Friday while BC tries to avoid its fourth-straight loss at home when it hosts Vermont at 7 p.m.

Kat Kent can be reached at kkent@student.umass.edu.