UMass men’s lacrosse falls to Hofstra on Senior Night, 11-6 -

Saturday, April 19, 2014

VIDEO: UMass United Ralley in support of Derrick Gordon, LGBTQ community -

Friday, April 18, 2014

John Ashcroft faces criticism during speech -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Student rally in support of Gordon, LGBTQ community -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thousands gather in Amherst Commons for 23rd Annual Extravaganja -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sexual violence is not ‘normal’ -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

One year after Boston Marathon bombings, UMass doctor Pierre Rouzier continues passion to help -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Photo Slideshow: UMass United Rally -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Get Yourself Tested at UMass -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass football continues move in new direction in annual Spring Game -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Library labyrinth targets stress -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

There is nothing to debate about global warming -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass hits the road to take on LaSalle -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

No. 11 UMass women’s lacrosse looks to extend winning streak against Richmond -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Southeastern Conference commissioner Mike Slive latest McCormack Executive-in-Residence -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Got a little Irish in you? -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass doctoral student awarded Soros Fellowship -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass Dressage Team discusses the lesser-known sport -

Canelas: Things worth watching in Spring Game 2014 -

‘The Walking Dead’ finale resurrects a dull season -

Most anticipated games of 2013

Facebook

Last year delivered its share of video game hits. Games like Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Halo 4 and Resident Evil 6 had fans camping outside of stores for hours before the game’s midnight releases.

Still, just like it does every year, the video game industry keeps getting better and better, and 2013 will be no different.

With titles from some of the most critically-acclaimed series and some new games thrown into the mix, this year promises to be a great year. Here are a few of the titles to look out for.

DC: Devil May Cry

The series reboot of the beloved Devil May Cry franchise, this entry kicks off 2013 with new additions that perfectly coincide with the start of the new year. Not only is Dante – the titular protagonist of the series – donning a new hairstyle and color, but he sets the stage for a completely new in-game universe.

With his signature sword and pistols, Dante reluctantly works with his brother to tackle the corrupt government that reigns over Limbo City. For the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC platforms, this action game is a must-have for dedicated fans of the series and those who want to dive into this crazy adventure with the half-angel, half-demon Dante.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

The third and final entry for the 13th installment of the Final Fantasy series, the heroine Lightning returns for the last time to save a world that is once again ravaged by the manipulation of time.

Beginning where Final Fantasy XIII-2 left off, Lightning wakes up a few centuries after she is turned into a crystal form of her once-powerful self and is challenged with only having 13 days to save the planet that she loves.

A first for the 13th installment of the series, Lightning will be the only playable character, which means that the active time battle system will be revamped to make up for the lack of a three-person party.

Whether fans are genuinely excited for the release of this game or are just happy that the Final Fantasy XIII story arc is finally over with, the trailer and screenshots of the game are gorgeous and show a thriving world that will be a warm welcome for the suffering franchise.

The game will appear on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gaming platforms.

Pokémon X and Y

The sixth generation of Pokémon will make its first appearance on the first main-series Pokémon game for the Nintendo 3DS.

Not much info has been revealed, but the first trailer for the game showed a new update to the series that has been long awaited by fans: a fully-3D Pokémon adventure.

The trailer of the game also showed a handful of new Pokémon, including the three new starter Pokémon – Fennekin, Chespin and Froakie – and two new legendary creatures — Xerneas and Yveltal.

Touted by the Pokémon game’s website as “a new era of Pokémon,” these games will undoubtedly be the most highly anticipated games of 2013.

The series, which is loved by video gamers of all ages, will not only reinvent a series, but it should also push the capabilities of what a handheld game can accomplish.

2 Responses to “Most anticipated games of 2013”
  1. Blob says:

Inb4 whiners complaining a game they like isn’t there

2. gaming says:

I actually do accept as true with each of the tips you could have unveiled with your posting. They’re really persuading and may surely operate. Nonetheless, a articles are way too swift education. Might you make sure you prolong these folks a bit through up coming time period? Was looking for publish.