UMass students show lackluster attitude toward ‘Mullins Live!’ concert -

UMass women’s basketball loses in first round of Atlantic 10 Tournament -

Ryan Adams perfects his melancholy, widescreen take on 80s heartland rock on ‘Prisoner’ -

Exposing the horrific crime of modern-day slavery -

UMass men’s basketball successfully drops La Salle 84-71 in confidence-building win -

UMass men’s lacrosse’s late rally falls short against Harvard -

UMass women’s lacrosse struggles to find offense in loss to No. 5 Syracuse -

With Perez, Democrats remain in limbo -

UMass hockey competes hard, falls to No. 10 Providence College in overtime -

Overtime goal hands UMass hockey its 15th straight loss in regular season finale -

Former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous gives talk at UMass -

Anti-racism workshop teaches tactics to fight oppression in community -

Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Most anticipated games of 2013

Facebook

Last year delivered its share of video game hits. Games like Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Halo 4 and Resident Evil 6 had fans camping outside of stores for hours before the game’s midnight releases.

Still, just like it does every year, the video game industry keeps getting better and better, and 2013 will be no different.

With titles from some of the most critically-acclaimed series and some new games thrown into the mix, this year promises to be a great year. Here are a few of the titles to look out for.

DC: Devil May Cry

The series reboot of the beloved Devil May Cry franchise, this entry kicks off 2013 with new additions that perfectly coincide with the start of the new year. Not only is Dante – the titular protagonist of the series – donning a new hairstyle and color, but he sets the stage for a completely new in-game universe.

With his signature sword and pistols, Dante reluctantly works with his brother to tackle the corrupt government that reigns over Limbo City. For the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC platforms, this action game is a must-have for dedicated fans of the series and those who want to dive into this crazy adventure with the half-angel, half-demon Dante.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

The third and final entry for the 13th installment of the Final Fantasy series, the heroine Lightning returns for the last time to save a world that is once again ravaged by the manipulation of time.

Beginning where Final Fantasy XIII-2 left off, Lightning wakes up a few centuries after she is turned into a crystal form of her once-powerful self and is challenged with only having 13 days to save the planet that she loves.

A first for the 13th installment of the series, Lightning will be the only playable character, which means that the active time battle system will be revamped to make up for the lack of a three-person party.

Whether fans are genuinely excited for the release of this game or are just happy that the Final Fantasy XIII story arc is finally over with, the trailer and screenshots of the game are gorgeous and show a thriving world that will be a warm welcome for the suffering franchise.

The game will appear on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gaming platforms.

Pokémon X and Y

The sixth generation of Pokémon will make its first appearance on the first main-series Pokémon game for the Nintendo 3DS.

Not much info has been revealed, but the first trailer for the game showed a new update to the series that has been long awaited by fans: a fully-3D Pokémon adventure.

The trailer of the game also showed a handful of new Pokémon, including the three new starter Pokémon – Fennekin, Chespin and Froakie – and two new legendary creatures — Xerneas and Yveltal.

Touted by the Pokémon game’s website as “a new era of Pokémon,” these games will undoubtedly be the most highly anticipated games of 2013.

The series, which is loved by video gamers of all ages, will not only reinvent a series, but it should also push the capabilities of what a handheld game can accomplish.

2 Responses to “Most anticipated games of 2013”
  1. Blob says:

Inb4 whiners complaining a game they like isn’t there

2. gaming says:

I actually do accept as true with each of the tips you could have unveiled with your posting. They’re really persuading and may surely operate. Nonetheless, a articles are way too swift education. Might you make sure you prolong these folks a bit through up coming time period? Was looking for publish.