Softball sweeps Saint Joseph’s to take over first place in the Atlantic 10 -

Report: UMass men’s basketball lands Maryland transfer Jaylen Brantley -

UMass baseball takes two out of three in weekend series with La Salle -

UMass men’s lacrosse can’t keep pace with Hofstra in road loss -

Senior Columns 2016-2017 -

Q&A with UMass student app creator -

UMass women’s lacrosse squeaks past George Mason 18-17 -

Events in Turkey today echo patterns of Armenian genocide -

LGBTQIA+ Seder discusses oppressed communities gaining insight for the future -

Even crowd-pandering can’t dull the brilliance of Actress’ ‘AZD’ -

UMass Earth Day Festival focuses on local community -

Ten ways to save the environment that will not change your life -

Aakanksha Gupta reflects on her time at the Collegian and UMass -

The Collegian: A place of opportunity where I found home -

There’s no other organization on campus I’d rather be a part of -

Students and community members gather to celebrate science for Earth Day -

Quick Hits: A few standout performances highlight UMass football’s annual spring game -

Northampton cited as city choosing not to comply with ICE -

MASSPIRG hosts seminar on hunger and homelessness -

University Union hosts debate on Electoral College -

Game Day Gourmet

Delia Barth/Collegian

From the most diehard football fans to those who don’t know the difference between a punt return and a tax return, Super Bowl Sunday has always possessed a heartwarming ability to unite people. Even now that the road to the NFL championship has been cut short for New England, everyone is still buzzing about where they will be watching the big game. Since no Super Bowl party is complete without a drool-worthy array of finger foods, here are some easy-to-make ideas that will guarantee a happy crowd!

Seven-Layer Dip

Though this savory dip is best known for having “seven layers,” the true beauty of it is that you can really give it as many layers and flavors as you wish. Best served in a shallow pan for scooping purposes (but anything works, really), just spread out and layer the ingredients to your heart’s content. Some of the most popular layer options are cream cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese, ground beef, beans, olives, onions and tomatoes, but you can make it as classic or creative as you want. Heat it up in the oven until the cheese melts and this appetizer will be gone before you can say, “Pass the tortilla chips!”

Pizza Bagels

Fast, easy, and oh so delicious, these make-shift pizzas are always a favorite. They lend themselves wonderfully to hungry party-goers, and above all, they offer the flexibility to make a unique creation out of every pizza. All you need is a roll of bagels split into halves, a can of tomato sauce, and whatever toppings float your boat. Put them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes at 325 degrees, and you’ve got yourself some gorgeous pizza that’s faster, cheaper and far more customizable than take-out!

Epic Veggie Platter

The health-conscious football fans will appreciate this one, but everyone can enjoy this treat if you add some flare! In addition to the classic celery, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, and ranch dressing, add options like crackers, pretzels, breadsticks, hummus, Caesar dressing and wine cheese dip to dress up this party staple. Having a wide range of options will leave people merrily munching throughout the whole game.

Football “Cake”

Since no party is complete without dessert, this treat combines the easy-to-decorate quality of a cake with the handheld convenience of cupcakes. All you have to do is cook a batch of chocolate cupcakes as you usually would and ice them with chocolate frosting. Then, position them the cupcakes into the shape of a football and make the stitches with white icing. You have a dessert and a decoration all in one that guests can grab without even taking their eyes off the screen!

Denise O’Brien can be reached at dmobrien@student.umass.edu.