Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

Ames: If first four games are any indicator, this UMass hockey season could differ for the better -

Josh Couturier looks to find where he fits within UMass lineup -

The straw man fallacy: missing the point on Indigenous Peoples Day -

Power to the Thin Mint: improve the Girls Scouts program -

‘Blade Runner 2049’ has a lot of ideas that it fails to develop -

Early season challenge awaits for UMass hockey in weekend set with Ohio State -

UMass Professor Barbara Krauthamer receives award from Association of Black Women Historians -

Game Day Gourmet

Delia Barth/Collegian

From the most diehard football fans to those who don’t know the difference between a punt return and a tax return, Super Bowl Sunday has always possessed a heartwarming ability to unite people. Even now that the road to the NFL championship has been cut short for New England, everyone is still buzzing about where they will be watching the big game. Since no Super Bowl party is complete without a drool-worthy array of finger foods, here are some easy-to-make ideas that will guarantee a happy crowd!

Seven-Layer Dip

Though this savory dip is best known for having “seven layers,” the true beauty of it is that you can really give it as many layers and flavors as you wish. Best served in a shallow pan for scooping purposes (but anything works, really), just spread out and layer the ingredients to your heart’s content. Some of the most popular layer options are cream cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese, ground beef, beans, olives, onions and tomatoes, but you can make it as classic or creative as you want. Heat it up in the oven until the cheese melts and this appetizer will be gone before you can say, “Pass the tortilla chips!”

Pizza Bagels

Fast, easy, and oh so delicious, these make-shift pizzas are always a favorite. They lend themselves wonderfully to hungry party-goers, and above all, they offer the flexibility to make a unique creation out of every pizza. All you need is a roll of bagels split into halves, a can of tomato sauce, and whatever toppings float your boat. Put them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes at 325 degrees, and you’ve got yourself some gorgeous pizza that’s faster, cheaper and far more customizable than take-out!

Epic Veggie Platter

The health-conscious football fans will appreciate this one, but everyone can enjoy this treat if you add some flare! In addition to the classic celery, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, and ranch dressing, add options like crackers, pretzels, breadsticks, hummus, Caesar dressing and wine cheese dip to dress up this party staple. Having a wide range of options will leave people merrily munching throughout the whole game.

Football “Cake”

Since no party is complete without dessert, this treat combines the easy-to-decorate quality of a cake with the handheld convenience of cupcakes. All you have to do is cook a batch of chocolate cupcakes as you usually would and ice them with chocolate frosting. Then, position them the cupcakes into the shape of a football and make the stitches with white icing. You have a dessert and a decoration all in one that guests can grab without even taking their eyes off the screen!

Denise O’Brien can be reached at dmobrien@student.umass.edu.