UMass students show lackluster attitude toward ‘Mullins Live!’ concert -

UMass women’s basketball loses in first round of Atlantic 10 Tournament -

Ryan Adams perfects his melancholy, widescreen take on 80s heartland rock on ‘Prisoner’ -

Exposing the horrific crime of modern-day slavery -

UMass men’s basketball successfully drops La Salle 84-71 in confidence-building win -

UMass men’s lacrosse’s late rally falls short against Harvard -

UMass women’s lacrosse struggles to find offense in loss to No. 5 Syracuse -

With Perez, Democrats remain in limbo -

UMass hockey competes hard, falls to No. 10 Providence College in overtime -

Overtime goal hands UMass hockey its 15th straight loss in regular season finale -

Former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous gives talk at UMass -

Anti-racism workshop teaches tactics to fight oppression in community -

Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Game Day Gourmet

Delia Barth/Collegian

From the most diehard football fans to those who don’t know the difference between a punt return and a tax return, Super Bowl Sunday has always possessed a heartwarming ability to unite people. Even now that the road to the NFL championship has been cut short for New England, everyone is still buzzing about where they will be watching the big game. Since no Super Bowl party is complete without a drool-worthy array of finger foods, here are some easy-to-make ideas that will guarantee a happy crowd!

Seven-Layer Dip

Though this savory dip is best known for having “seven layers,” the true beauty of it is that you can really give it as many layers and flavors as you wish. Best served in a shallow pan for scooping purposes (but anything works, really), just spread out and layer the ingredients to your heart’s content. Some of the most popular layer options are cream cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese, ground beef, beans, olives, onions and tomatoes, but you can make it as classic or creative as you want. Heat it up in the oven until the cheese melts and this appetizer will be gone before you can say, “Pass the tortilla chips!”

Pizza Bagels

Fast, easy, and oh so delicious, these make-shift pizzas are always a favorite. They lend themselves wonderfully to hungry party-goers, and above all, they offer the flexibility to make a unique creation out of every pizza. All you need is a roll of bagels split into halves, a can of tomato sauce, and whatever toppings float your boat. Put them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes at 325 degrees, and you’ve got yourself some gorgeous pizza that’s faster, cheaper and far more customizable than take-out!

Epic Veggie Platter

The health-conscious football fans will appreciate this one, but everyone can enjoy this treat if you add some flare! In addition to the classic celery, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, and ranch dressing, add options like crackers, pretzels, breadsticks, hummus, Caesar dressing and wine cheese dip to dress up this party staple. Having a wide range of options will leave people merrily munching throughout the whole game.

Football “Cake”

Since no party is complete without dessert, this treat combines the easy-to-decorate quality of a cake with the handheld convenience of cupcakes. All you have to do is cook a batch of chocolate cupcakes as you usually would and ice them with chocolate frosting. Then, position them the cupcakes into the shape of a football and make the stitches with white icing. You have a dessert and a decoration all in one that guests can grab without even taking their eyes off the screen!

Denise O’Brien can be reached at dmobrien@student.umass.edu.