Chiarelli: Sam Koch’s impact evident in those who knew him best -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Longtime UMass men’s soccer coach Sam Koch dies after two-year battle with sinus cancer -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Southwest evacuated after gas leak -

UMass Rowing finishes NCAA Championships, ends year ranked No. 21 in the nation -

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two UMass basketball alums to compete for a lofty prize in The Basketball Tournament -

Friday, May 23, 2014

Commencement Photos 2014 -

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Two arrested in relation to series of vandalism -

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Students push for relocation of the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health -

Monday, May 12, 2014

Video: No. 14 UMass WLAX ends season in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

No. 14 UMass women’s lacrosse season ends in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sixth inning rally propels UMass past Dayton 7-2 -

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

McMahon, Ferris and McGovern: Not your usual transfer story -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Women’s lacrosse defeats Richmond 10-6 to win sixth straight A-10 Championship -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

No. 13 UMass women’s lacrosse knocks off Duquesne 16-3 to reach Atlantic 10 finals -

Friday, May 2, 2014

UMass one of 55 schools currently facing investigation over handling of sexual assault cases -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Two thefts reported at library -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Senior Columns 2013-2014 -

UMass Dining proposes major meal plan changes -

UMass baseball beats UConn for first time since 2007 -

MTV’s seemingly controversial new show proves to be ‘Faking It’ -

Orange Television slated to rock Iron Horse

Facebook

Based in Northampton, rock quartet Orange Television is no stranger to the Iron Horse, where they are set to play this Saturday.

Self-described as “pulp rock,” this band features a unique sounds that has gathered them a substantial following in the area as well as other parts of the country.

Orange Television formed in 2009 as a small band from the University of Massachusetts playing local area shows. The band has since put  a number of singles and EPs by which they have built a loyal following. Although they still frequent venues in Northampton, their current tours take them much further than the Pioneer Valley. Upcoming shows for the band include locales in Maine, Vermont and New York.

The band’s most recent album, “Extended Play,” can best be described as soulful rock with a definite easy listening feel. The long intros of many of the songs, paired with front man Howard Feibusch’s strong vocals, provide for a feel-good listening experience that is somewhat reminiscent of music of the 1960s and 1970s.

There are also some parallels to be made between Orange Television and ska-punk cover band Badfish, whom Orange Television has previously opened shows for. Both bands maintain the same sort of upbeat reggae sound found in bands like Sublime and other bands in the ska-punk genre.

On Saturday, Orange Television will once again take the stage at The Iron Horse with opening band Fungus Amungus. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. and the lights go off at 10 p.m.

Brandy Robidoux can be reached at brobidou@student.umass.edu.