The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

Orange Television slated to rock Iron Horse

Facebook

Based in Northampton, rock quartet Orange Television is no stranger to the Iron Horse, where they are set to play this Saturday.

Self-described as “pulp rock,” this band features a unique sounds that has gathered them a substantial following in the area as well as other parts of the country.

Orange Television formed in 2009 as a small band from the University of Massachusetts playing local area shows. The band has since put  a number of singles and EPs by which they have built a loyal following. Although they still frequent venues in Northampton, their current tours take them much further than the Pioneer Valley. Upcoming shows for the band include locales in Maine, Vermont and New York.

The band’s most recent album, “Extended Play,” can best be described as soulful rock with a definite easy listening feel. The long intros of many of the songs, paired with front man Howard Feibusch’s strong vocals, provide for a feel-good listening experience that is somewhat reminiscent of music of the 1960s and 1970s.

There are also some parallels to be made between Orange Television and ska-punk cover band Badfish, whom Orange Television has previously opened shows for. Both bands maintain the same sort of upbeat reggae sound found in bands like Sublime and other bands in the ska-punk genre.

On Saturday, Orange Television will once again take the stage at The Iron Horse with opening band Fungus Amungus. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. and the lights go off at 10 p.m.

Brandy Robidoux can be reached at brobidou@student.umass.edu.