Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

UMass Board of Trustees approves rise in tuition, student fees -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Former Minutewoman Quianna Diaz-Patterson named to Puerto Rican national softball team -

UMass rowing’s Jim Dietz inducted into CRCA Hall of Fame -

Jury selection begins Monday in second gang rape trial -

Monday, June 15, 2015

Students turn attention to state legislators as decision on UMass budget looms -

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Alumna and next director of Brooklyn Museum Anne Pasternak ‘created her own path’ -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

UMass graduate crowned head of 600-year-old Indian kingdom -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Committee recommends UMass increase tuition, student fees for in-state undergraduates -

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

UMass baseball Beanpot title defense to take place at Fenway

Jeff Bernstein/Collegian File Photo

If the Massachusetts baseball team is to defend its 2012 Baseball Beanpot title, it’ll do it within the confines of one of the most cherished professional stadiums in American history – Fenway Park.

The 2013 Baseball Beanpot Championship is scheduled to take place at Fenway Park on April 29 and will feature a doubleheader of games played by UMass, Boston College, Northeastern and Harvard, according to a Boston Red Sox press release Monday.

The Minutemen will first face off with the Eagles at Earl Lorden Field in Amherst on April 10 for the right to compete in the title game in Boston, while the Huskies will play host to the Crimson the same day to determine the other Beanpot Championship participant.

UMass is 17-16 all-time in Beanpot play and, after its 2012 victory, has captured the title six times since its first invitation to the annual tournament in 1996.

A consolation game pitting the losers of the two preliminary matchups will lead off the event at 2 p.m. with the championship game set to be played at 5 p.m. General admission tickets for the event are priced at $10 and can be purchased through the Red Sox official website or by phone at (877) REDSOX-9.

Daniel Malone can be reached at dmalone@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @Daniel_Malone.

You must be logged in to post a comment.