Adam Liccardi found guilty in UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jackson Porter adapting well following switch to wide receiver -

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Minutemen look for Robert Kitching to anchor defensive line -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Closing arguments delivered in Adam Liccardi rape trial -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Early goals sink UMass men’s soccer in loss to Saint Peter’s -

Monday, August 31, 2015

UMass field hockey splits weekend matches with UNH and BU -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass women’s soccer struck by injuries, struggles offensively as it falls to No. 24 Rutgers -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jamal Wilson returns from injury with confidence he is ‘main guy’ at running back -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Freshmen Sekai Lindsay, Andy Isabella impressing at running back -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass ranked in top 25 for LGBTQ students -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass football fall camp day five: Rodney Mills looks to continue bringing versatility to tight end position -

Friday, August 21, 2015

The do’s and don’ts of Valentine’s Day

Another year has passed and it is Valentine’s Day yet again. Thisis the one holiday everyone is indifferent about at one point or another. When you are in love, you cannot wait to share this day with your significant other. When you are single, Valentine’s Day makes you want to hide away with the box of chocolates you secretly bought for yourself. I personally have never been a big fan of this holiday, even when I had a valentine. Why must there be a specific day to celebrate that you are in love? If you are lucky enough to have found real love, you should constantly be in celebration of it.

Whether you are a single or in a relationship, there are a certain few DO and DON’T unspoken rules everyone should follow:

First, DON’T be the cynical poster child for this being a holiday created solely by the greeting card or candy industries because you believe “love doesn’t exist.” Just because you have had a bad experience with love does not mean good ones can’t happen. You do not want to be the single friend ruining the mood of this day for the love-struck people around you. Keep your feelings to yourself.

Next, DO spend this day with people you love whether it is friends, family, or your partner. Just because you are not “in love” with someone doesn’t mean you have to spend this day alone. If you are single, plan something fun to do with other single friends, who you still love, just not in that romantic way.

Third, DON’T be the couple that makes everyone feel awkward with your overwhelming amount of pda. We get it, you’re in love, and yes, we want you to feel free to celebrate it, but not if people around you become physically uncomfortable. Hand-holding and subtle kissing is fine, but anything more than that PLEASE do in PRIVATE.

Lastly, DO indulge yourself in the leftover, half-price V-day treats that accumulates in all the stores. This is the best part of this holiday. Live a little and say yes to that normally super, expensive box of chocolates.

Talia Seavey can be reached at tseavey@student.umass.edu.

One Response to “The do’s and don’ts of Valentine’s Day”
  1. Carol says:

Great advice! Well written. I’m going to Godiva
    tomorrow!! xo