Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

UMass Board of Trustees approves rise in tuition, student fees -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Former Minutewoman Quianna Diaz-Patterson named to Puerto Rican national softball team -

UMass rowing’s Jim Dietz inducted into CRCA Hall of Fame -

Jury selection begins Monday in second gang rape trial -

Monday, June 15, 2015

Students turn attention to state legislators as decision on UMass budget looms -

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Alumna and next director of Brooklyn Museum Anne Pasternak ‘created her own path’ -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

UMass graduate crowned head of 600-year-old Indian kingdom -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Committee recommends UMass increase tuition, student fees for in-state undergraduates -

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

UMass named one of “best value campuses”

The Princeton Review has named the University of Massachusetts one of its “150 Best Value Colleges” for 2013, according to a UMass news release.

Taylor C. Snow/Collegian

This year’s list, which was released Feb. 5, rated 650 college campuses based on academics, cost and financial aid, among other factors, according to the press release. Only 150 of the 650 schools rated in the list go on to be named a “Best Value College.”

According to the release, the Princeton Review noted UMass’ high production of internships, Fulbright scholars, and Teach for America members as reasons for the decision. The University “offers the academic experience of a world-class research university in one of the best college towns in North America,” according to the guide.

The guide also notes of UMass’ involvement in campus sustainability initiatives, its student-run clubs and organizations and its Five College Consortium membership, according to the release.

Comments made by students in the campus profile section of the report highlight the Commonwealth Honors College, the large selection of majors, the diverse student body and the amount of research opportunities for research as strengths of the school.

According to the UMass release, “popular majors listed in the guide are biology, business administration, management and psychology.” The release also notes the “high marks” given to the music department and the hospitality and tourism management concentration at the University.

Students cited the school’s “financial affordability” in the guide as a popular reason for attending the school, according to the release.

The Princeton Review, according to its website, is known as a “leader in helping college and graduate school-bound students achieve their higher-education goals.” The group offers test-preparation services, tutoring and reviews of various colleges, in addition to college and career planning.

The Princeton Review frequently releases lists rating and comparing colleges based on a number of criteria.

Mitch Scuzzarella can be reached at mscuzzar@student.umass.edu