Ray Pigozzi shines in first game back for the UMass hockey team since November 4 -

UMass starts hot, finishes strong in upset win over No. 12 Notre Dame -

SGA vice president will resign at the end of the semester -

Raise the Flag protestors praise -

Dining and Housekeeping employees at Smith College seek new contract -

In response to election, immigration lawyer briefs students on potential changes -

Avinoam Patt discusses the role of displaced Jews in the creation of Israel -

UMass women’s basketball falls to Hartford, snaps three-game winning streak -

Brison Gresham makes long awaited debut for UMass men’s basketball -

UMass hockey hosts No. 12 Notre Dame in Hockey East doubleheader -

UMass men’s basketball picks up fourth straight win as it tops Wagner Wednesday night at Mullins Center -

UMass hockey gets chance to bond during trip to Belfast -

The true backbone of America -

Letter: Craig’s Place to fight against fatal budget cuts -

Enduring the 2016 Tower Run at Du Bois Library -

C.J. Anderson, Malik Hines each have career nights in UMass men’s basketball’s win over Wagner -

Panelists talk about their experiences with incarceration in the Feinberg Lecture Series -

Suzanne Fenton discusses the effects of early life chemical exposure -

Christmas tree farmers discuss effects of New England drought on their harvest -

UMass men’s basketball’s frontcourt looks to build on solid start to season -

UMass named one of “best value campuses”

The Princeton Review has named the University of Massachusetts one of its “150 Best Value Colleges” for 2013, according to a UMass news release.

Taylor C. Snow/Collegian

This year’s list, which was released Feb. 5, rated 650 college campuses based on academics, cost and financial aid, among other factors, according to the press release. Only 150 of the 650 schools rated in the list go on to be named a “Best Value College.”

According to the release, the Princeton Review noted UMass’ high production of internships, Fulbright scholars, and Teach for America members as reasons for the decision. The University “offers the academic experience of a world-class research university in one of the best college towns in North America,” according to the guide.

The guide also notes of UMass’ involvement in campus sustainability initiatives, its student-run clubs and organizations and its Five College Consortium membership, according to the release.

Comments made by students in the campus profile section of the report highlight the Commonwealth Honors College, the large selection of majors, the diverse student body and the amount of research opportunities for research as strengths of the school.

According to the UMass release, “popular majors listed in the guide are biology, business administration, management and psychology.” The release also notes the “high marks” given to the music department and the hospitality and tourism management concentration at the University.

Students cited the school’s “financial affordability” in the guide as a popular reason for attending the school, according to the release.

The Princeton Review, according to its website, is known as a “leader in helping college and graduate school-bound students achieve their higher-education goals.” The group offers test-preparation services, tutoring and reviews of various colleges, in addition to college and career planning.

The Princeton Review frequently releases lists rating and comparing colleges based on a number of criteria.

Mitch Scuzzarella can be reached at mscuzzar@student.umass.edu