UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

Ryan Moloney pitches seven scoreless innings as UMass baseball takes series opener from Fordham -

UMass named one of “best value campuses”

The Princeton Review has named the University of Massachusetts one of its “150 Best Value Colleges” for 2013, according to a UMass news release.

Taylor C. Snow/Collegian

This year’s list, which was released Feb. 5, rated 650 college campuses based on academics, cost and financial aid, among other factors, according to the press release. Only 150 of the 650 schools rated in the list go on to be named a “Best Value College.”

According to the release, the Princeton Review noted UMass’ high production of internships, Fulbright scholars, and Teach for America members as reasons for the decision. The University “offers the academic experience of a world-class research university in one of the best college towns in North America,” according to the guide.

The guide also notes of UMass’ involvement in campus sustainability initiatives, its student-run clubs and organizations and its Five College Consortium membership, according to the release.

Comments made by students in the campus profile section of the report highlight the Commonwealth Honors College, the large selection of majors, the diverse student body and the amount of research opportunities for research as strengths of the school.

According to the UMass release, “popular majors listed in the guide are biology, business administration, management and psychology.” The release also notes the “high marks” given to the music department and the hospitality and tourism management concentration at the University.

Students cited the school’s “financial affordability” in the guide as a popular reason for attending the school, according to the release.

The Princeton Review, according to its website, is known as a “leader in helping college and graduate school-bound students achieve their higher-education goals.” The group offers test-preparation services, tutoring and reviews of various colleges, in addition to college and career planning.

The Princeton Review frequently releases lists rating and comparing colleges based on a number of criteria.

Mitch Scuzzarella can be reached at mscuzzar@student.umass.edu