Active Minds strives to start conversation about mental health, end stigma -

Native American Student Association plans for powwow after travelling to Native Nations Rise March in Washington D.C. -

Black Student Union aims to be a strong voice for the African-American community on UMass’ campus -

UMass Students for Reproductive Justice continue fighting for student rights -

UMass notebook: Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry reportedly interviewed for a second time Monday for men’s basketball head coaching vacancy -

UMass softball anxiously awaits start of conference play with doubleheader against BU looming Thursday. -

UMass baseball gets its long-awaited homecoming Tuesday against Northeastern -

Have you popped your bubble? -

The atrophy of activism: a message for student protesters -

Emmi Beuger’s day off – Interview with Kate Leddy -

Josh Odam spreads succinct messages through Free Negro University clothing line -

Fourteen random ‘treat yourself’ items for $25 and under -

Student Activism Special Issue Preview Video -

Anthropology professor holds lecture on violence and policymaking -

Student Activism Special Issue 2017 -

Congressmen McGovern and Ellison discuss progressive politics under Trump administration on Saturday -

SGA President Anthony Vitale and Vice President Lily Wallace promise to improve assistance to student activists next year -

Editor’s note: UMass works because they do -

The UMass club that is un-beelievable -

Interview with Ghazah Abbasi, Sanctuary Campus Movement organizer -

UMass named one of “best value campuses”

The Princeton Review has named the University of Massachusetts one of its “150 Best Value Colleges” for 2013, according to a UMass news release.

Taylor C. Snow/Collegian

This year’s list, which was released Feb. 5, rated 650 college campuses based on academics, cost and financial aid, among other factors, according to the press release. Only 150 of the 650 schools rated in the list go on to be named a “Best Value College.”

According to the release, the Princeton Review noted UMass’ high production of internships, Fulbright scholars, and Teach for America members as reasons for the decision. The University “offers the academic experience of a world-class research university in one of the best college towns in North America,” according to the guide.

The guide also notes of UMass’ involvement in campus sustainability initiatives, its student-run clubs and organizations and its Five College Consortium membership, according to the release.

Comments made by students in the campus profile section of the report highlight the Commonwealth Honors College, the large selection of majors, the diverse student body and the amount of research opportunities for research as strengths of the school.

According to the UMass release, “popular majors listed in the guide are biology, business administration, management and psychology.” The release also notes the “high marks” given to the music department and the hospitality and tourism management concentration at the University.

Students cited the school’s “financial affordability” in the guide as a popular reason for attending the school, according to the release.

The Princeton Review, according to its website, is known as a “leader in helping college and graduate school-bound students achieve their higher-education goals.” The group offers test-preparation services, tutoring and reviews of various colleges, in addition to college and career planning.

The Princeton Review frequently releases lists rating and comparing colleges based on a number of criteria.

Mitch Scuzzarella can be reached at mscuzzar@student.umass.edu