Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

BC crushes Northeastern for fourth straight Beanpot title

Michael Wood/Collegian File Photo

After a scoreless first period of play, the Boston College hockey team exploded for four goals in just more than nine minutes in the second period en route to a 6-3 win over Northeastern.

The victory signaled more celebrations for the defending national champions, who lifted their fourth Beanpot in as many years following the final horn.

For the Eagles (17-7-2, 12-6-1Hockey East Association), the 2013 Beanpot is their 18th in the history of the competition and their seventh under coach Jerry York.

“I am so incredibly proud of our club but specifically our senior class and our captains,” York said following the win. “They are model citizens for BC hockey.”

The senior class is the first class in BC history to have a perfect Beanpot record, with Patch Alber, Brooks Dyroff, Parker Milner, Pat Mullane, Patrick Wey and Steven Whitney all concluding with four titles in the span of four years.

Bill Arnold and Johnny Gaudreau opened the scoring with goals separated by just 1:15 in the second period. Beanpot Most Valuable Player Kevin Roy pulled one back for the Huskies (8-14-3, 4-11-3 HEA), before Patrick Brown and Whitney tallied another pair for the Eagles.

Roy scored another 11 seconds into the third period and Braden Pimm added the Huskies’ third at 3:56.

However, the Eagles pulled away late with Gaudreau’s second goal of the night and Mullane sealed it with an empty-net strike with less than two minutes left in the game.

Despite the defeat, Roy’s two goals brought his tournament total to five, after his hat trick propelled the Huskies past Boston University in the first round.

Harvard triumphs over BU

Luke Greiner scored a hat trick while teammate Marshall Everson added a pair in Harvard’s 7-4 win over Boston University in the Beanpot consolation game on Monday night.

Mike Moran opened the scoring for the Terriers (13-12-1, 10-7-1 HEA) at 3:12 in the first period before Wade Megan made it 2-0 with his shorthanded effort beating Peter Traber.

The Crimson (6-15-2) regrouped and responded about 75 seconds later when Dan Ford scooped up a rebound that Terrier goalie Sean Maguire let trickle away and slotted it into the top left corner. Danny Biega added Harvard’s second about 14 seconds before the first intermission.

Harvard was called for a penalty as the period ended and the Terriers converted one minute, 38 seconds into the power play on a goal by Evan Rodrigues to regain the BU lead.

It was all Crimson from that point on.

Everson knotted the game at three with 3:19 remaining and Greiner gave Harvard its first lead 73 seconds later. At 16:33, Greiner extended the lead to 5-3 by converting Harvard’s only power play goal of the tournament.

In the third period, Everson added his second to double up the Terriers before Cason Hohmann registered their fourth goal of the night. Greiner completed the hat trick with an empty-net goal with just eight seconds remaining in regulation after Maguire was pulled for the extra skater.

For Greiner, the hat trick was the first of his career in his final Beanpot game before graduating as a senior.

It was the first time since 1979-80 that Harvard had beaten the Terriers twice in one season.

Jeffrey Okerman can be reached at jokerman@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @MDC_Okerman.