UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jamal Wilson returns from injury with confidence he is ‘main guy’ at running back -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Freshmen Sekai Lindsay, Andy Isabella impressing at running back -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass ranked in top 25 for LGBTQ students -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass football fall camp day five: Rodney Mills looks to continue bringing versatility to tight end position -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Route 9 Diner to reopen under new ownership -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Rising UMass sophomore dies unexpectedly -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

UMass football fall camp day four: Veteran offensive line boasts chemistry, looks to improve run blocking -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A colorful UMass homecoming -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Potential nighttime and weekend parking fee at UMass tabled -

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

UMass football fall camp day three: Ex-quarterbacks A.J. Doyle, Andrew Verboys continue transitions to new positions -

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

UMass football fall camp day two: Defensive secondary hopes experience, added depth brings greater consistency -

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

How to cook a Friendly’s style barbeque sandwich at home

Katie Landeck/Collegian

It’s no secret that going out to eat is expensive. A barbeque chicken sandwich at Friendly’s or any other comparable chain restaurant will cost about $8, not including the drinks, appetizer or dessert.

But when it comes to something as simple as a barbeque sandwich, it’s easy to make an at home version that is just as good if not better than the restaurant version.

For $3 and about 20 minutes of your time, you can whip up this version of a chicken sandwich in the comfort of your own kitchen.

Ingredients

1 chicken breast

1 egg

1 cup of bread crumbs

1 tablespoon of olive oil

Sliced onion

Cheddar cheese (to taste)

Barbeque sauce (to taste)

Bread

To make

1. Slice the chicken breast into 3 inch long pieces.
  2. Coat the chicken in the whisked egg and then dip into the tray of bread crumbs.
  3. On medium low, fry the breaded chicken in the olive oil for approximately three minutes or until cooked through. The breadcrumbs should look golden and the meat should be white all the way through.
  4. After removing the chicken from the frying pan, put the desired amount onto your bread. Then coat with a barbeque sauce of your choice to taste. If you want to make the BBQ’s sandwich at your favorite restaurant, see if you can purchase a bottle of their sauce the next time you go. Many restaurants sell their special sauce for cheaper than a meal.
  5. Assemble the rest of your sandwich, adding onions, cheddar cheese and any other condiments of your choice.
  6. Place the sandwich pack in the frying pan and cook until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.

Katie Landeck can be reached at klandeck@student.umass.edu.