How to cook a Friendly’s style barbeque sandwich at home
It’s no secret that going out to eat is expensive. A barbeque chicken sandwich at Friendly’s or any other comparable chain restaurant will cost about $8, not including the drinks, appetizer or dessert.
But when it comes to something as simple as a barbeque sandwich, it’s easy to make an at home version that is just as good if not better than the restaurant version.
For $3 and about 20 minutes of your time, you can whip up this version of a chicken sandwich in the comfort of your own kitchen.
1 chicken breast
1 cup of bread crumbs
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Cheddar cheese (to taste)
Barbeque sauce (to taste)
- Slice the chicken breast into 3 inch long pieces.
- Coat the chicken in the whisked egg and then dip into the tray of bread crumbs.
- On medium low, fry the breaded chicken in the olive oil for approximately three minutes or until cooked through. The breadcrumbs should look golden and the meat should be white all the way through.
- After removing the chicken from the frying pan, put the desired amount onto your bread. Then coat with a barbeque sauce of your choice to taste. If you want to make the BBQ’s sandwich at your favorite restaurant, see if you can purchase a bottle of their sauce the next time you go. Many restaurants sell their special sauce for cheaper than a meal.
- Assemble the rest of your sandwich, adding onions, cheddar cheese and any other condiments of your choice.
- Place the sandwich pack in the frying pan and cook until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
Katie Landeck can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.