Experienced Ohio State club too much for UMass hockey in 3-0 loss -

Season-high 29 saves from Matt Murray proves lone highlight in UMass hockey’s 3-0 shutout loss to Ohio State -

UMass football picks up first win of the season in blowout win over Georgia Southern -

Student in critical condition after pedestrian-vehicle accident on Friday -

UMass women’s soccer fails to secure spot in A-10 tournament with loss to Saint Louis -

Struggles with special teams sinks UMass hockey -

UMass hockey drops second of the year in 3-1 loss to Ohio State -

Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

No. 11 Butler avoids upset, Richmond wins in OT

The No. 11 Butler men’s basketball team defeated Fordham, 68-63, on Saturday, averting a near disastrous upset on the road.

The Bulldogs (21-5, 8-3 Atlantic 10) led by just two points with only 18 seconds left in the game after the Rams (6-20, 2-9 A-10) had climbed out of a 63-55 hole less than a minute earlier thanks in part to a pair of Mandell Thomas 3-pointers.

Butler’s Kellen Dunham then made one of two free throws, expanding the Bulldog lead to three, but leaving the door open for a last-second Fordham attempt to tie the game. The Rams failed to complete the comeback, however, as Luka Zivkovic couldn’t convert his shot from behind the arc. Rotnei Clarke sealed the win for Butler with a pair late free throws.

Clarke carried the Bulldogs to their victory, scoring 22 points on 6-of-16 shooting from the field. Roosevelt Jones and Andrew Smith also reached double-digits for Butler, scoring 13 and 12 points, respectively.

The Bulldogs next host Duquesne on Tuesday, while Fordham travels to George Washington on Wednesday.

Comeback disappointment

Richmond held off St. Bonaventure, 83-80, in overtime on Saturday after the Bonnies erased a 10-point second half deficit with only 6:32 left in regulation.

The Spiders (15-11, 5-6 A-10) went on a 7-2 run to start the overtime period, but it was quickly countered by a 6-0 Bonnies (11-13, 4-7 A-10) stretch.

With just 24 seconds left and St. Bonaventure leading 77-76, Demitrius Conger fouled Richmond’s Darien Brothers on a 3-point attempt and he promptly made all three free throws. The Spiders tacked on four more free throw makes to outlast the Bonnies and take home the 3-point victory.

Despite only making three field goals, Cedrick Lindsay scored a team-high 22 points for Richmond on 14-of-14 shooting from the free throw line. Gregg Robbins added 20 points, including 12 from beyond the arc, for the Spiders.

Eric Mosley led St. Bonaventure with a game-high 30 points while also recording four steals.

The Bonnies next play at home against Massachusetts on Wednesday, and the Richmond will face off against Fordham on Saturday.

Tom Mulherin can be reached at tmulheri@student.umass.edu.