SGA vice president will resign at the end of the semester -

Raise the Flag protestors praise -

Dining and Housekeeping employees at Smith College seek new contract -

In response to election, immigration lawyer briefs students on potential changes -

Avinoam Patt discusses the role of displaced Jews in the creation of Israel -

UMass women’s basketball falls to Hartford, snaps three-game winning streak -

Brison Gresham makes long awaited debut for UMass men’s basketball -

UMass hockey hosts No. 12 Notre Dame in Hockey East doubleheader -

UMass men’s basketball picks up fourth straight win as it tops Wagner Wednesday night at Mullins Center -

UMass hockey gets chance to bond during trip to Belfast -

The true backbone of America -

Letter: Craig’s Place to fight against fatal budget cuts -

Enduring the 2016 Tower Run at Du Bois Library -

C.J. Anderson, Malik Hines each have career nights in UMass men’s basketball’s win over Wagner -

Panelists talk about their experiences with incarceration in the Feinberg Lecture Series -

Suzanne Fenton discusses the effects of early life chemical exposure -

Christmas tree farmers discuss effects of New England drought on their harvest -

UMass men’s basketball’s frontcourt looks to build on solid start to season -

UMass men’s basketball takes three-game winning streak into Wagner game Wednesday -

Burning the flag is not the answer -

No. 11 Butler avoids upset, Richmond wins in OT

The No. 11 Butler men’s basketball team defeated Fordham, 68-63, on Saturday, averting a near disastrous upset on the road.

The Bulldogs (21-5, 8-3 Atlantic 10) led by just two points with only 18 seconds left in the game after the Rams (6-20, 2-9 A-10) had climbed out of a 63-55 hole less than a minute earlier thanks in part to a pair of Mandell Thomas 3-pointers.

Butler’s Kellen Dunham then made one of two free throws, expanding the Bulldog lead to three, but leaving the door open for a last-second Fordham attempt to tie the game. The Rams failed to complete the comeback, however, as Luka Zivkovic couldn’t convert his shot from behind the arc. Rotnei Clarke sealed the win for Butler with a pair late free throws.

Clarke carried the Bulldogs to their victory, scoring 22 points on 6-of-16 shooting from the field. Roosevelt Jones and Andrew Smith also reached double-digits for Butler, scoring 13 and 12 points, respectively.

The Bulldogs next host Duquesne on Tuesday, while Fordham travels to George Washington on Wednesday.

Comeback disappointment

Richmond held off St. Bonaventure, 83-80, in overtime on Saturday after the Bonnies erased a 10-point second half deficit with only 6:32 left in regulation.

The Spiders (15-11, 5-6 A-10) went on a 7-2 run to start the overtime period, but it was quickly countered by a 6-0 Bonnies (11-13, 4-7 A-10) stretch.

With just 24 seconds left and St. Bonaventure leading 77-76, Demitrius Conger fouled Richmond’s Darien Brothers on a 3-point attempt and he promptly made all three free throws. The Spiders tacked on four more free throw makes to outlast the Bonnies and take home the 3-point victory.

Despite only making three field goals, Cedrick Lindsay scored a team-high 22 points for Richmond on 14-of-14 shooting from the free throw line. Gregg Robbins added 20 points, including 12 from beyond the arc, for the Spiders.

Eric Mosley led St. Bonaventure with a game-high 30 points while also recording four steals.

The Bonnies next play at home against Massachusetts on Wednesday, and the Richmond will face off against Fordham on Saturday.

Tom Mulherin can be reached at tmulheri@student.umass.edu.