Author, poet and ex-con gives talk on criminal justice reform -

Israeli writer Ari Shavit speaks at Integrative Learning Center -

Alex DeSantis continues strong play for UMass men’s soccer as season reaches midway point -

Andrew Ford looks to continue to lead UMass football’s torrid offensive passing attack -

Sunset Grill and Pizza adjusts as a new restaurant in Amherst -

UMass field hockey falls 8-1 to No. 1 UConn -

Offensive-oriented practices hold high hopes for UMass women’s soccer with A-10 opener Thursday -

Hyper-stress on college campuses: a culture of high achievement leads to increased rates of mental illnesses -

Race of candidates should not affect voter turnout -

Students share what keeps them happy during the fall -

Harvest’s millennial-pandering replacement to Chameleon Cold Brew leaves caffeine fans at a loss -

Guide to fall 5K races and beyond -

UMass Votes Coalition hosts voter registration event -

Brettell presents on U.S. immigration policies -

UMass field hockey team seeks revenge against undefeated UConn -

UMass running back Marquis Young looks to build off momentum gained against Mississippi State -

UMass hockey announces captains for 2016-17 season -

Andy Isabella finds his niche within the UMass football offense -

The EpiPen Crisis: How did this happen? -

Cymbals Eat Guitars evolve and impress on “Pretty Years” -

Amherst crime log: Feb. 22-24

Shaina Mishkin / Collegian

Though Detective David Foster of the Amherst Police Department described the past weekend as “relatively uneventful,” there were several crimes recorded, including multiple breaking and entering reports.

Beginning early Friday morning at approximately 10:45 a.m., a Main Street apartment reported a possible breaking and entering. According to police, the door to the apartment was forced open and a golf club valued at a reported $200 was removed from the premises.

Friday evening brought the first arrest of the weekend when a 20-year-old man was arrested after reportedly attempting to flag down individuals for a ride. Police detained Matthew J. Boynton of Waltham and arrested him on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after he reportedly stumbled in the roadway. According to police, Boynton repeatedly hit his head against the divider cage in the police vehicle during transport in protest of his arrest.

Only a few hours later, at 12:40 a.m. on Saturday, a noise complaint at 298 Belchertown Road led to police being forced to disperse a gathering of upwards to 300 individuals on the premises. According to police, the uncooperative crowd had gathered to witness a live band and took over 20 minutes to clear from the area. Four residents of the address received summonses for violating the town’s nuisance house after being uncooperative with officers.

Saturday afternoon followed with another arrest after police responded to calls of an individual attempting to force her way into a Presidential Apartment building. Twenty-two-year-old Amherst resident Rebecca Tobey was reportedly witnessed yelling and attempting to enter the building after an incident involving others within the apartment. After pulling away from police, the responding officers were forced to take Tobey to the ground, where she was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Later that same evening, Amherst police arrested 54-year-old Amherst resident Max Lesselbaum on a charge of violating the town’s open container bylaw. According to police, this was Lesselbaum’s second time on the same date with an open container.   Early Sunday morning, another case of breaking and entering was reported to police at the Iota Gamma Upsilon sorority house. According to the report, two males were seen leaving the premises via a fire escape. Multiple items were reported as stolen, and police are currently investigating the situation.

The last reported arrest of the weekend took place Sunday evening, when police responded to a motor vehicle crash at 71 Mill Lane. After confiscating the contents of the car involved in the incident, 19-year-old driver Za Qu of Hadley was arrested on charges of operating under the influence. According to the police report, drugs and alcohol were discovered in the vehicle.

Mitchell Scuzzarella can be reached at mscuzzar@student.umass.edu.