UMass football fall camp: Minutemen look for Robert Kitching to anchor defensive line -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Closing arguments delivered in Adam Liccardi rape trial -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Early goals sink UMass men’s soccer in loss to Saint Peter’s -

Monday, August 31, 2015

UMass field hockey splits weekend matches with UNH and BU -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass women’s soccer struck by injuries, struggles offensively as it falls to No. 24 Rutgers -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jamal Wilson returns from injury with confidence he is ‘main guy’ at running back -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Freshmen Sekai Lindsay, Andy Isabella impressing at running back -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass ranked in top 25 for LGBTQ students -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass football fall camp day five: Rodney Mills looks to continue bringing versatility to tight end position -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Route 9 Diner to reopen under new ownership -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Rising UMass sophomore dies unexpectedly -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Multiple arrests including those for OUI and disorderly conduct in Amherst Crime Log

Shaina Mishkin/Collegian File Photo

While weekend temperatures were cold, often dipping below freezing, they did not stop a number of arrests from being made in the Amherst area as reported in the crime log.

Beginning at 12:16 p.m. on Friday afternoon, officers from the Amherst Police Department responded to a reported larceny at the Monkey Bar. According to the police reports, a Monkey Bar patron reported the theft of a jacket from the bar. The jacket reportedly contained a number of personal possessions of the party and the matter is currently under investigation.

Early Saturday morning, police were in the midst of a standard motor vehicle stop when 22-year-old Amherst resident Teryn Lynn McCook decided to approach responding officers. According to the police report, McCook was ordered to step away from the police as they completed the motor vehicle stop. McCook then proceeded to enter the back of the police car and have a seat. Officers responded by immediately arresting McCook on charges of disorderly conduct.

A short time later the same morning, police responded to reports of an ongoing fight in front of Antonio’s Pizza in downtown Amherst. Upon arriving at the scene, police reportedly witnessed 22-year-old Brockton resident Miguel Barzola Jr. and 22-year-old Arlington resident Winston Woo engaged in a brawl which had made its way on to North Pleasant Street. Police attempted to subdue Barzola with pepper spray after both men were reportedly ordered to cease, eventually stepped in to arrest both men on charges of disorderly conduct.

Later the same morning, at 4:04 a.m., police pulled over a vehicle operated by 22-year-old Westwood resident Matthew Kress for reportedly driving over the speed limit. After consenting to a field sobriety test, police arrested Kress on charges of operating under the influence.

Saturday evening at 10:22 p.m., police made a similar arrest after the Granby Police Department called the APD to report a vehicle driving erratically on its way in to Amherst. Amherst police soon identified the vehicle and arrested 32-year-old driver James Arnelle Hicks of Amherst on charges of operating under the influence.

Just a few minutes later, police reportedly witnessed 20-year-old Wilbraham resident Stephen Metayer walking down Fearing Street with an open container. After being identified by police, Metayer was taken into custody by police.

An hour later, police arrested 20-year-old Jamesville, N.Y. resident Anthony Bunn after police witnessed Bunn with a beer in his hand. A bag found within the area of Bunn’s arrest was seized by police who then tagged it and its contents for destruction.

Early Sunday morning brought new arrests for the APD when police responded to a noise complaint at 62 Summer Street. The owners of the house were reportedly very cooperative with police and the party found on the premises was quickly cleared.

However, as police cleared the residence, 19-year-old Charlestown resident Colin Murphy was reportedly seen by police urinating on the back tire of one of the police vehicles. Police proceeded to detain Murphy on charges of disorderly conduct and later added the charge of being in possession of a fake ID.

On Sunday at 6:12 p.m., police responded to reports of larceny at the downtown Amherst GoBerry. According to the crime log, an unidentified suspect was witnessed stealing an unspecified amount of money from the establishment’s tip container. After eluding capture from those within the store, the issue was reported to police. The theft is currently under investigation.

Mitch Scuzzarella can be reached at mscuzzar@student.umass.edu.

One Response to “Multiple arrests including those for OUI and disorderly conduct in Amherst Crime Log”
  1. James arnelle hicks says:

I James hicks wanted to let the public know I beat this oui charge that my name is slander by the racist state of Massachusetts. I took my case to trial and beat the case ALL charges were dropped but I’m looked up on Google as a criminal maybe that’s why I can no longer work in the Amherst that suppose to be liberal my ass they slander me in the paper and on here. Well Google this I beat the Oui case in the state of Massachusetts Google that oh FYI your guilty before proven innocent.