UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jamal Wilson returns from injury with confidence he is ‘main guy’ at running back -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Freshmen Sekai Lindsay, Andy Isabella impressing at running back -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass ranked in top 25 for LGBTQ students -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass football fall camp day five: Rodney Mills looks to continue bringing versatility to tight end position -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Route 9 Diner to reopen under new ownership -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Rising UMass sophomore dies unexpectedly -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

UMass football fall camp day four: Veteran offensive line boasts chemistry, looks to improve run blocking -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A colorful UMass homecoming -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Potential nighttime and weekend parking fee at UMass tabled -

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

UMass football fall camp day three: Ex-quarterbacks A.J. Doyle, Andrew Verboys continue transitions to new positions -

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

UMass football fall camp day two: Defensive secondary hopes experience, added depth brings greater consistency -

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Once Upon a Time Recap: The Queen is Dead

This week’s episode was instrumental in pushing the plot along, and it’s showing how strong the second half of the season is becoming. This week we got an inane amount of ball-gowns, Hook still not finding appropriate clothes, and Henry decided that his pizza was better than his mom because it doesn’t lie to him. Alright, let’s get into it…

Manhattan

Everyone kept family dysfunction alive and well in New York this week as Emma, Henry, Gold, and Neal traversed the city. Henry was as insufferable as ever as he fawned over the guy who left his mom pregnant and rotting in a jail cell but then called Emma a liar via a pizza metaphor. That kid really gets on my last nerve, so color me happy when Gold manhandled him later in the episode.

The action ramped up when Hook out of nowhere (really what’s the timeline on ANY of this right now?) came and stabbed Rumple with his magical-poison-infused-hook. Then Emma promptly knocked him out and at this point, I’m in shock and awe that Hook is standing upright. After they realize that the hook was poisoned and Rumple will need to return to Storybrooke to be saved, we learn Neal can man a pirate ship and he knows Hook. So he’s a Lost Boy, right? There is no denying that he has been to Neverland at this point.

With Neal going back to Storybrooke, it’s going to be interesting to see how Regina deals with both of Henry’s biological parents being in the picture. However, they won’t exactly be rekindling the romance because we learn Neal is engaged. And Emma looked a bit downtrodden. Girl, I know a pirate who can help you with that…

Fairytale Land That Was

We met Snow’s mother this week and learned how she died – and in a shocking (i.e. not shocking at all) twist it was all Cora’s doing. And it was on Snow’s birthday. Snow tried to find a cure for her mother, and was offered dark magic by Cora in disguise as The Blue Fairy. But Snow couldn’t bring herself to use it, resolving that she would always be “good” like her mother wanted. As Snow’s mothers body is lying upon an altar at her funeral, Cora appears, revealing that she orchestrated this all so that Regina could be Queen. She is just the worst. Also bravo to Snow’s mom for wearing those red pumps through her entire sickness AND in death. That’s what I call dedication to your royal sensibilities.

On a side note, whoever cast young Snow deserves a raise. She could honestly be a young Ginny Goodwin, it’s remarkable.

Storybrooke

Happy Birthday Snow! Except it’s not happy. It’s actually downright horrible. She’s not too lucky with birthdays, huh? Anyways, she was reunited with her former nanny, Johanna, this week. And the minute this random addition to the cast that was instrumental in Snow’s backstory showed up, I knew she was a goner. Guest stars have the worst luck on this show.

And, surely enough, she became a pawn in Cora and Regina’s game as the two evil ladies tried to get The Dark One’s sword from Snow and David. The latter had found the sword, with Rumple’s instruction, in order to keep it from witchy mother and daughter. Snow, in order to save Johanna’s life, gives them the sword – but Johanna is killed anyway and it is revealed that Cora murdered her mother. Snow begins to rethink her “always be good” stance and I think we’re going to get some badass Snow in the coming weeks as she proclaims she’s going to kill Cora.

As per usual Prince Charming showed his proclivity for being brainless as he pulled a gun on Cora, who promptly shooed it away with a flick of her wrist.

Questions:

-Will Hook ever get to stand up for a full day again?

-Can someone kill Cora already?

-Will Henry ever love Emma again as much as he loves New York pizza?

Alexa can be reached at ahoyle@student.umass.edu.