Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

UMass Board of Trustees approves rise in tuition, student fees -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Former Minutewoman Quianna Diaz-Patterson named to Puerto Rican national softball team -

UMass rowing’s Jim Dietz inducted into CRCA Hall of Fame -

Jury selection begins Monday in second gang rape trial -

Monday, June 15, 2015

Students turn attention to state legislators as decision on UMass budget looms -

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Alumna and next director of Brooklyn Museum Anne Pasternak ‘created her own path’ -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

UMass graduate crowned head of 600-year-old Indian kingdom -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Committee recommends UMass increase tuition, student fees for in-state undergraduates -

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Once Upon a Time Recap: The Queen is Dead

This week’s episode was instrumental in pushing the plot along, and it’s showing how strong the second half of the season is becoming. This week we got an inane amount of ball-gowns, Hook still not finding appropriate clothes, and Henry decided that his pizza was better than his mom because it doesn’t lie to him. Alright, let’s get into it…

Manhattan

Everyone kept family dysfunction alive and well in New York this week as Emma, Henry, Gold, and Neal traversed the city. Henry was as insufferable as ever as he fawned over the guy who left his mom pregnant and rotting in a jail cell but then called Emma a liar via a pizza metaphor. That kid really gets on my last nerve, so color me happy when Gold manhandled him later in the episode.

The action ramped up when Hook out of nowhere (really what’s the timeline on ANY of this right now?) came and stabbed Rumple with his magical-poison-infused-hook. Then Emma promptly knocked him out and at this point, I’m in shock and awe that Hook is standing upright. After they realize that the hook was poisoned and Rumple will need to return to Storybrooke to be saved, we learn Neal can man a pirate ship and he knows Hook. So he’s a Lost Boy, right? There is no denying that he has been to Neverland at this point.

With Neal going back to Storybrooke, it’s going to be interesting to see how Regina deals with both of Henry’s biological parents being in the picture. However, they won’t exactly be rekindling the romance because we learn Neal is engaged. And Emma looked a bit downtrodden. Girl, I know a pirate who can help you with that…

Fairytale Land That Was

We met Snow’s mother this week and learned how she died – and in a shocking (i.e. not shocking at all) twist it was all Cora’s doing. And it was on Snow’s birthday. Snow tried to find a cure for her mother, and was offered dark magic by Cora in disguise as The Blue Fairy. But Snow couldn’t bring herself to use it, resolving that she would always be “good” like her mother wanted. As Snow’s mothers body is lying upon an altar at her funeral, Cora appears, revealing that she orchestrated this all so that Regina could be Queen. She is just the worst. Also bravo to Snow’s mom for wearing those red pumps through her entire sickness AND in death. That’s what I call dedication to your royal sensibilities.

On a side note, whoever cast young Snow deserves a raise. She could honestly be a young Ginny Goodwin, it’s remarkable.

Storybrooke

Happy Birthday Snow! Except it’s not happy. It’s actually downright horrible. She’s not too lucky with birthdays, huh? Anyways, she was reunited with her former nanny, Johanna, this week. And the minute this random addition to the cast that was instrumental in Snow’s backstory showed up, I knew she was a goner. Guest stars have the worst luck on this show.

And, surely enough, she became a pawn in Cora and Regina’s game as the two evil ladies tried to get The Dark One’s sword from Snow and David. The latter had found the sword, with Rumple’s instruction, in order to keep it from witchy mother and daughter. Snow, in order to save Johanna’s life, gives them the sword – but Johanna is killed anyway and it is revealed that Cora murdered her mother. Snow begins to rethink her “always be good” stance and I think we’re going to get some badass Snow in the coming weeks as she proclaims she’s going to kill Cora.

As per usual Prince Charming showed his proclivity for being brainless as he pulled a gun on Cora, who promptly shooed it away with a flick of her wrist.

Questions:

-Will Hook ever get to stand up for a full day again?

-Can someone kill Cora already?

-Will Henry ever love Emma again as much as he loves New York pizza?

Alexa can be reached at ahoyle@student.umass.edu.