Meet the 2015 SGA spring election candidates -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Years of dedication lead to breakout senior campaign for Zack LaRue -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Five simple steps to get your college diet on track -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Students head to State House, push for more public higher education funding -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Gabriel Schmitt hopes to improve UMass health services as student trustee -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Barrett/Barbosa ‘ready on day one’ -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

An outsider to the SGA, student trustee candidate Nicholas Vigneau says he brings a fresh perspective to the position -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Kristi Sefanoni pleased with UMass softball’s start to season -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Outsider candidates Rocco Giordano and Dhananjay (Danny) Mirlay Srinivas intent on shoring up student-administration relationship, getting more voices heard -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

UMass tennis wins its first conference match in weekend split -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Minutewomen excel despite injuries, Minutemen gain experience -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

SGA election reforms address some, but not all concerns -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Emily O’Neil hopes to increase diversity and improve Title IX training as student trustee -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The next journalist under fire -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Letter: A call for action and cooperation -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Student trustee candidate Kabir Thatte looks to create his own path as a UMass legacy student within SGA -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Police Log: Friday, Feb. 27 to Sunday, March 1, 2015 -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Kelly, Gay to focus on transparency, accessibility and sexual assault training -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Easy breathing tricks to de-stress during midterms -

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lack of transparency from Elections Commission endangers spring ballot -

Monday, March 2, 2015

Once Upon a Time Recap: The Queen is Dead

This week’s episode was instrumental in pushing the plot along, and it’s showing how strong the second half of the season is becoming. This week we got an inane amount of ball-gowns, Hook still not finding appropriate clothes, and Henry decided that his pizza was better than his mom because it doesn’t lie to him. Alright, let’s get into it…

Manhattan

Everyone kept family dysfunction alive and well in New York this week as Emma, Henry, Gold, and Neal traversed the city. Henry was as insufferable as ever as he fawned over the guy who left his mom pregnant and rotting in a jail cell but then called Emma a liar via a pizza metaphor. That kid really gets on my last nerve, so color me happy when Gold manhandled him later in the episode.

The action ramped up when Hook out of nowhere (really what’s the timeline on ANY of this right now?) came and stabbed Rumple with his magical-poison-infused-hook. Then Emma promptly knocked him out and at this point, I’m in shock and awe that Hook is standing upright. After they realize that the hook was poisoned and Rumple will need to return to Storybrooke to be saved, we learn Neal can man a pirate ship and he knows Hook. So he’s a Lost Boy, right? There is no denying that he has been to Neverland at this point.

With Neal going back to Storybrooke, it’s going to be interesting to see how Regina deals with both of Henry’s biological parents being in the picture. However, they won’t exactly be rekindling the romance because we learn Neal is engaged. And Emma looked a bit downtrodden. Girl, I know a pirate who can help you with that…

Fairytale Land That Was

We met Snow’s mother this week and learned how she died – and in a shocking (i.e. not shocking at all) twist it was all Cora’s doing. And it was on Snow’s birthday. Snow tried to find a cure for her mother, and was offered dark magic by Cora in disguise as The Blue Fairy. But Snow couldn’t bring herself to use it, resolving that she would always be “good” like her mother wanted. As Snow’s mothers body is lying upon an altar at her funeral, Cora appears, revealing that she orchestrated this all so that Regina could be Queen. She is just the worst. Also bravo to Snow’s mom for wearing those red pumps through her entire sickness AND in death. That’s what I call dedication to your royal sensibilities.

On a side note, whoever cast young Snow deserves a raise. She could honestly be a young Ginny Goodwin, it’s remarkable.

Storybrooke

Happy Birthday Snow! Except it’s not happy. It’s actually downright horrible. She’s not too lucky with birthdays, huh? Anyways, she was reunited with her former nanny, Johanna, this week. And the minute this random addition to the cast that was instrumental in Snow’s backstory showed up, I knew she was a goner. Guest stars have the worst luck on this show.

And, surely enough, she became a pawn in Cora and Regina’s game as the two evil ladies tried to get The Dark One’s sword from Snow and David. The latter had found the sword, with Rumple’s instruction, in order to keep it from witchy mother and daughter. Snow, in order to save Johanna’s life, gives them the sword – but Johanna is killed anyway and it is revealed that Cora murdered her mother. Snow begins to rethink her “always be good” stance and I think we’re going to get some badass Snow in the coming weeks as she proclaims she’s going to kill Cora.

As per usual Prince Charming showed his proclivity for being brainless as he pulled a gun on Cora, who promptly shooed it away with a flick of her wrist.

Questions:

-Will Hook ever get to stand up for a full day again?

-Can someone kill Cora already?

-Will Henry ever love Emma again as much as he loves New York pizza?

Alexa can be reached at ahoyle@student.umass.edu.