Author, poet and ex-con gives talk on criminal justice reform -

Israeli writer Ari Shavit speaks at Integrative Learning Center -

Alex DeSantis continues strong play for UMass men’s soccer as season reaches midway point -

Andrew Ford looks to continue to lead UMass football’s torrid offensive passing attack -

Sunset Grill and Pizza adjusts as a new restaurant in Amherst -

UMass field hockey falls 8-1 to No. 1 UConn -

Offensive-oriented practices hold high hopes for UMass women’s soccer with A-10 opener Thursday -

Hyper-stress on college campuses: a culture of high achievement leads to increased rates of mental illnesses -

Race of candidates should not affect voter turnout -

Students share what keeps them happy during the fall -

Harvest’s millennial-pandering replacement to Chameleon Cold Brew leaves caffeine fans at a loss -

Guide to fall 5K races and beyond -

UMass Votes Coalition hosts voter registration event -

Brettell presents on U.S. immigration policies -

UMass field hockey team seeks revenge against undefeated UConn -

UMass running back Marquis Young looks to build off momentum gained against Mississippi State -

UMass hockey announces captains for 2016-17 season -

Andy Isabella finds his niche within the UMass football offense -

The EpiPen Crisis: How did this happen? -

Cymbals Eat Guitars evolve and impress on “Pretty Years” -

UMass basketball guard Jesse Morgan appears to no longer be with team, sources say

Taylor C. Snow/Collegian

Massachusetts men’s basketball guard Jesse Morgan’s career with the team appears to be over, according to a Wednesday report by The Daily Hampshire Gazette.

The report, citing multiple sources close to the program, stated that Morgan, a junior, has been forced to withdraw from the University and that he is attempting to appeal the decision.

UMass Athletics could not comment on the situation due to student privacy laws.

The report went on to say that the decision is linked to an incident that happened just prior to the start of the season, which prompted UMass coach Derek Kellogg to suspend him for the Nov. 3 exhibition game against American International. Cady Lalanne and Trey Davis were also suspended for that game.

Morgan averaged 13.4 points per game in only 14 contests this season, as he missed the second half of the season after suffering a torn ACL on Jan. 10 at Saint Louis. Morgan was also the Minutemen’s best perimeter defender and would have been in the mix for the starting shooting guard position in 2013-14.

UMass joins Charleston Classic field

ESPN announced Wednesday that UMass will be one of eight teams participating in the Charleston Classic next season. The tournament will be held at the TD Arena in Charleston, S.C., from Nov. 21-24.

Joining the Minutemen in the tournament is longtime Atlantic 10 rival Temple, which concluded its final season as a member of the conference this year and will play in the newly formed America Athletic Conference next season.

The rest of the field consists of Clemson, Davidson, Georgia, New Mexico, Nebraska and UAB.

Stephen Sellner can be reached at ssellner@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @Stephen_Sellner.