UMass women’s soccer earns double overtime draw against Central Connecticut -

Friday, September 4, 2015

Offensive struggles continue for UMass men’s soccer team in loss to Columbia -

Friday, September 4, 2015

UMass field hockey pulls off thrilling overtime victory against Northeastern -

Thursday, September 3, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Kicking competition between Blake Lucas, Mike Caggiano nearing decision -

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Adam Liccardi found guilty in UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jackson Porter adapting well following switch to wide receiver -

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Minutemen look for Robert Kitching to anchor defensive line -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Closing arguments delivered in Adam Liccardi rape trial -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Early goals sink UMass men’s soccer in loss to Saint Peter’s -

Monday, August 31, 2015

UMass field hockey splits weekend matches with UNH and BU -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass women’s soccer struck by injuries, struggles offensively as it falls to No. 24 Rutgers -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass basketball guard Jesse Morgan appears to no longer be with team, sources say

Taylor C. Snow/Collegian

Massachusetts men’s basketball guard Jesse Morgan’s career with the team appears to be over, according to a Wednesday report by The Daily Hampshire Gazette.

The report, citing multiple sources close to the program, stated that Morgan, a junior, has been forced to withdraw from the University and that he is attempting to appeal the decision.

UMass Athletics could not comment on the situation due to student privacy laws.

The report went on to say that the decision is linked to an incident that happened just prior to the start of the season, which prompted UMass coach Derek Kellogg to suspend him for the Nov. 3 exhibition game against American International. Cady Lalanne and Trey Davis were also suspended for that game.

Morgan averaged 13.4 points per game in only 14 contests this season, as he missed the second half of the season after suffering a torn ACL on Jan. 10 at Saint Louis. Morgan was also the Minutemen’s best perimeter defender and would have been in the mix for the starting shooting guard position in 2013-14.

UMass joins Charleston Classic field

ESPN announced Wednesday that UMass will be one of eight teams participating in the Charleston Classic next season. The tournament will be held at the TD Arena in Charleston, S.C., from Nov. 21-24.

Joining the Minutemen in the tournament is longtime Atlantic 10 rival Temple, which concluded its final season as a member of the conference this year and will play in the newly formed America Athletic Conference next season.

The rest of the field consists of Clemson, Davidson, Georgia, New Mexico, Nebraska and UAB.

Stephen Sellner can be reached at ssellner@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @Stephen_Sellner.