Dining and Housekeeping employees at Smith College seek new contract -

In response to election, immigration lawyer briefs students on potential changes -

Avinoam Patt discusses the role of displaced Jews in the creation of Israel -

UMass women’s basketball falls to Hartford, snaps three-game winning streak -

Brison Gresham makes long awaited debut for UMass men’s basketball -

UMass hockey hosts No. 12 Notre Dame in Hockey East doubleheader -

UMass men’s basketball picks up fourth straight win as it tops Wagner Wednesday night at Mullins Center -

UMass hockey gets chance to bond during trip to Belfast -

The true backbone of America -

Letter: Craig’s Place to fight against fatal budget cuts -

Enduring the 2016 Tower Run at Du Bois Library -

C.J. Anderson, Malik Hines each have career nights in UMass men’s basketball’s win over Wagner -

Panelists talk about their experiences with incarceration in the Feinberg Lecture Series -

Suzanne Fenton discusses the effects of early life chemical exposure -

Christmas tree farmers discuss effects of New England drought on their harvest -

UMass men’s basketball’s frontcourt looks to build on solid start to season -

UMass men’s basketball takes three-game winning streak into Wagner game Wednesday -

Burning the flag is not the answer -

Factory farming and ethics -

Castro and decolonization -

UMass basketball guard Jesse Morgan appears to no longer be with team, sources say

Taylor C. Snow/Collegian

Massachusetts men’s basketball guard Jesse Morgan’s career with the team appears to be over, according to a Wednesday report by The Daily Hampshire Gazette.

The report, citing multiple sources close to the program, stated that Morgan, a junior, has been forced to withdraw from the University and that he is attempting to appeal the decision.

UMass Athletics could not comment on the situation due to student privacy laws.

The report went on to say that the decision is linked to an incident that happened just prior to the start of the season, which prompted UMass coach Derek Kellogg to suspend him for the Nov. 3 exhibition game against American International. Cady Lalanne and Trey Davis were also suspended for that game.

Morgan averaged 13.4 points per game in only 14 contests this season, as he missed the second half of the season after suffering a torn ACL on Jan. 10 at Saint Louis. Morgan was also the Minutemen’s best perimeter defender and would have been in the mix for the starting shooting guard position in 2013-14.

UMass joins Charleston Classic field

ESPN announced Wednesday that UMass will be one of eight teams participating in the Charleston Classic next season. The tournament will be held at the TD Arena in Charleston, S.C., from Nov. 21-24.

Joining the Minutemen in the tournament is longtime Atlantic 10 rival Temple, which concluded its final season as a member of the conference this year and will play in the newly formed America Athletic Conference next season.

The rest of the field consists of Clemson, Davidson, Georgia, New Mexico, Nebraska and UAB.

Stephen Sellner can be reached at ssellner@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @Stephen_Sellner.