Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass basketball guard Jesse Morgan appears to no longer be with team, sources say

Taylor C. Snow/Collegian

Massachusetts men’s basketball guard Jesse Morgan’s career with the team appears to be over, according to a Wednesday report by The Daily Hampshire Gazette.

The report, citing multiple sources close to the program, stated that Morgan, a junior, has been forced to withdraw from the University and that he is attempting to appeal the decision.

UMass Athletics could not comment on the situation due to student privacy laws.

The report went on to say that the decision is linked to an incident that happened just prior to the start of the season, which prompted UMass coach Derek Kellogg to suspend him for the Nov. 3 exhibition game against American International. Cady Lalanne and Trey Davis were also suspended for that game.

Morgan averaged 13.4 points per game in only 14 contests this season, as he missed the second half of the season after suffering a torn ACL on Jan. 10 at Saint Louis. Morgan was also the Minutemen’s best perimeter defender and would have been in the mix for the starting shooting guard position in 2013-14.

UMass joins Charleston Classic field

ESPN announced Wednesday that UMass will be one of eight teams participating in the Charleston Classic next season. The tournament will be held at the TD Arena in Charleston, S.C., from Nov. 21-24.

Joining the Minutemen in the tournament is longtime Atlantic 10 rival Temple, which concluded its final season as a member of the conference this year and will play in the newly formed America Athletic Conference next season.

The rest of the field consists of Clemson, Davidson, Georgia, New Mexico, Nebraska and UAB.

Stephen Sellner can be reached at ssellner@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @Stephen_Sellner.