Struggles with special teams sinks UMass hockey -

UMass hockey drops second of the year in 3-1 loss to Ohio State -

Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

Ames: If first four games are any indicator, this UMass hockey season could differ for the better -

Josh Couturier looks to find where he fits within UMass lineup -

The straw man fallacy: missing the point on Indigenous Peoples Day -

Power to the Thin Mint: improve the Girls Scouts program -

‘Blade Runner 2049’ has a lot of ideas that it fails to develop -

Online shopping for men is affordable and easy

Over the past couple of years, men have become more comfortable being knowledgeable about fashion and more assertive in the types of clothing they like to wear. As more guys look for affordable options, companies have responded by creating online-only menswear shops that capitalize , according to a 2012 Business Insider article. Menswear companies such as JackThreads, Gilt and Frank & Oak, are found exclusively on the web. Easy-to-use interfaces, quick deals and sleek web designs come together to provide some of the best online shopping experiences for fashion-forward men who aren’t looking to bust their wallets.

MCT

JackThreads

The most modern and hip out of the three aforementioned sites, JackThreads is an excellent place to get streetwear, and also has the best prices. The homepage features sales sections with catchy taglines such as “Wrist Swag,” “Turn This Up” and “Best Bets Under $40” (a deal that makes it inexpensive for guys to grab the latest trends, including slim-fitting chinos, graphic prints and accessories). On the left side of every sale page, a categorized search section enables users to further tailor options to their exact sizing and other personal preferences.

Designer options are among the list of items to choose from. The site evokes an image of stylish youth— it’s for the guy who likes to sport the latest trends on the street for the cheapest price.  JackThreads offers customers a $10 credit if they share a sale on Facebook or Twitter.

JackThreads can furnish a wardrobe for any man, from classy dressers to hip-hop heads and skaters.

Frank & Oak

Frank & Oak is more buttoned-up in both its clothing selection and in its website design. Upon signing in for the first time, you are required to fill out a short questionnaire about your style (preppy, casual or formal), as well as your sizing. The result is manifested in six items that make up your “Styleboard,” a personalized recommendation.

One of the advantages of shopping through Frank & Oak is the “Hunt Club.”  Free to join, shoppers can have three items shipped to them and have five days to decide if they like the clothing before being charged for it. Actually being able to try products on is fundamental to the experience of shopping in a store, and with the “Hunt Club,” Frank & Oak helps bring the store to you. Shipping and returns are free.

Like JackThreads, share the Frank & Oak site with a friend and you’ll both earn $25 when your friend makes their first purchase.

Gilt

Gilt offers the most exclusive designer selections out of the three options, with its purpose being to provide you with the best possible style options—for a price. Those who come to the highly ascetically pleasing website are usually not college students on a budget. On occasion, there are huge sales of 75 percent off of select items, not to mention that Gilt also includes the same $25 deal as Frank & Oak when you share the site with a friend and they make a purchase.

Each of these sites provides a unique shopping experience and relatively affordable options for the fashion-forward man. JackThreads provides a modern spin, Frank & Oak keeps you tailored and Gilt is good for a splurge every now and then. In any case, let these companies be the ones to help you do your shopping, rather than the guy at the mall who keeps trying to peddle you “manpris.”

Ryan Ford can be reached at rdford@umass.edu.