Amherst Police Department Log: Friday, Sept. 20 to Monday, Sept. 23

Shaina Mishkin/Collegian

Totals
Liquor license violation arrests: 9
Liquor license violation summons: 8
Noise complaints: 22
Vehicle crashes: 8
Vehicle stops: 23

Friday, Sept. 20
4:13 p.m. An ignited firework was allegedly placed in the mailbox at 555 Market Hill Rd. and caused minor damage. The paint on the top of the mailbox melted. No suspects were found.
11:07 p.m. An 18-year-old female was allegedly found tearing down multiple wishes from the wish tree at Kendrick Park. She received a summons for vandalism.
Saturday, Sept. 21
12:03 a.m. Police received a noise complaint for 740 Riverglade Dr. apt. M. Caller reported a loud party with people yelling and urinating in the bushes. About 50 people were cleared out and police issued a warning to residents.
12:11 a.m. Police arrived at 263 Sunset Ave. to assist residents in clearing out about 100 houseguests from a party.
1:24 a.m. A break-in was reported at 133 Belchertown Rd. apt. 31. Jewelry was reportedly stolen and the rooms were trashed. Police suspect entrance through the balcony window.
1:52 a.m. A person was allegedly found throwing a traffic cone into the air at 155 Lincoln Ave. apt. A. He agreed to restore it to its proper location and police advised him against that behavior in the future.
6:40 a.m. A vehicle traveling northbound around a curve by 366 East Leverett Rd. left the roadway, crashing into four cement posts connecting the cable guardrail and stopping just short of a utility pole. There were no tire marks indicating an attempt to stop and the vehicle sustained heavy damage to the front end and passenger side. The driver refused to speak with police, choosing instead to leave her car and get some sleep. Her car was towed and she must speak with police in order to retrieve her vehicle.
7:01 p.m. A break-in was reported at 26 Salem Pl. and electronics and jewelry were allegedly stolen. No suspect was found.
11:29 p.m. At 4 Main St., Subway, a person attempted to steal a police officer’s jacket from his vehicle. Attempt was unsuccessful.
11:29 p.m. A man was found carrying a traffic cone over his shoulder at 85 Fearing St. and returned the cone to the corner of Fearing St.
Sunday, Sept. 22
10:19 a.m. A laptop was allegedly stolen from 560 Riverglade Dr. apt. A. No suspects were found.
8:25 p.m. A man wearing all black and a ski mask was found in the garage of 171 Pine St. The man had allegedly intended to steal an iPhone charger but dropped it upon being discovered. The suspect fled and remains unidentified.
Mary Reines can be reached at [email protected].