Unusually quiet weekend before Halloween

Shaina Mishkin/Daily Collegian

Police considered this relatively quiet weekend to be the calm before the storm. As Halloween approaches, officers are preparing for one of the rowdiest holidays of the year. Drunken students clad in costumes will take over the town next weekend to celebrate. According to police officers, it really can be a scary holiday.

Friday, Oct. 18

1:33 p.m. A bear was seen sitting across from Puffton Village at 1040 North Pleasant Street and it headed into the woods.

5:40 p.m. A bear was seen running toward a store at 406 Pine Street. It became agitated after being chased by a dog and bothered by people. It was located in a far off field near 945 North Pleasant Street.

11:12 p.m. At Starbucks, 71 North Pleasant St., a male and female reported that a group of males pinched the female’s butt. The group of males denied that the incident occurred and were warned about their behavior.

11:58 p.m. Brian J. Bazin, 20, was found urinating near 93 Fearing St. He was uncooperative when approached by officers and arrested on charges of underage possession of alcohol and misuse of a false identification. Brendan J. Wood, 18, started video recording officers and antagonized Bazin. Wood was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Saturday, Oct. 19

12:58 a.m. A male, 20, of Chelmsford, was caught ripping up plants in front of the Loose Goose Café on 1 East Pleasant St. He received a summons on vandalism charges.

2:49 p.m. Police received a call from 132 North Pleasant St. complaining about noisy drumming across the street. The drummers agreed to take a break from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.

1:12 a.m. Roland Mack Robillard, 21, was arrested on charges of possession of an open container, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He grabbed an officer’s shirt when resisting arrest.

Sunday, Oct. 20

3:34 a.m. A female broke into a vehicle on Boltwood Walk and was found talking on her cell phone and she appeared intoxicated. She received a summons for breaking and entering.

4:01 a.m. Cody P. Fry, 20 was found walking along the street carrying a 6-foot long table above his head at 351 Northampton Rd. He was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and stolen property.

1:53 p.m. A man walked into Starbucks and bypassed a large line to get a salad. He was pushed by a female who asserted that she was in line first. She was gone by the time officers arrived.

10:53 p.m. A window was smashed at 175 Summer St. at Apt. 16 and the apartment was found in disarray. A laptop, iPad and money were missing and police suspect forced entry through the window and screen. The break-in occurred sometime after noon and is still under investigation.

Liquor law violation arrests: 3
Liquor law violation summons: 3
Noise Complaints: 13
Vehicle stops: 7
Vehicle crashes: 7

Mary Reines can be reached at [email protected].