Cheerful but quiet weekend in Amherst

Saturday, Nov. 9

Shaina Mishkin/Daily Collegian

12:18 a.m. Following a noise complaint, police found a large, loud party and arrested four uncooperative females at 858 East Pleasant St. on charges of unlawful noise. Three of the females were 22 years old and one was 21.

12:53 a.m. Upon arrival, police dispersed a large fight of about 20 people at 409 North Pleasant St.. No injuries were reported.

3:58 a.m. A resident at 1100 South East St. discovered an unknown college-aged male asleep in his guestroom. The male was arrested on charges of disturbing the peace, resisting arrest and breaking and entering in the nighttime.

10:28 a.m. A homemade sign depicting a turkey saying, “Eat more ham” was reported stolen from 227 South Pleasant St. near Amherst College.

4:38 p.m. A small family gathering of about 40 guests at 593 Main St. obstructed the nearby road with their cars, creating traffic problems. The guests were cooperative with police.

11:17 p.m. After receiving a noise complaint, police discovered eight to 10 people playing a loud game of Wiffle ball at 1192 North Pleasant St. Apt. 1. The police issued a warning to the players.

Sunday, Nov. 10

2:24 a.m. At 911 North Pleasant St. police found that a male had torn down the Fairfield Street sign and had it in his possession. He received a summons on charges of stolen property.

Monday, Nov. 11

1:07 a.m. A caller from the Old Towne Tavern at 1 Pray St. reported multiple males squaring off in a fighting stance. The males said that they were just friends horsing around. They were sent on their way.

3:09 a.m. After he was stopped for speeding at 144 Fearing St., Arthur Copstein, 20, of Grafton was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of alcohol, operating to endanger and speeding.

3:17 p.m. Police received a call about a sick fisher cat found in the woods behind 26 Foxglove Ln.. The police advised the caller to contact a private exterminating company to take care of the animal.

Liquor law violation arrests: 1

Liquor law summons: 1

Noise complaints: 13

Vehicle stops: 15

Vehicle crashes: 5

Mary Reines can be reached at [email protected].