UMass Renaissance Center to host Shakespeare trivia pub night

Tracy Lee/Flickr
Tracy Lee/Flickr

The Renaissance Center at the University of Massachusetts will be hosting a Shakespeare Trivia Pub Night on Thursday evening. All are invited to partake in a series of questions and riddles about the Bard and his plays. Participants may arrive already in teams or form them upon arrival.

The event will take place in the Reading Room of the Renaissance Center, located at 650 East Pleasant St. from 7-9 p.m.. It is free to the public. Free parking is available at the Renaissance Center as well. Non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks will be served.

There will be ten rounds of trivia questions, and a small prize will be awarded to the winning teams.

“You don’t have to be a Shakespeare expert to play,” said Jeff Goodhind, the librarian at the Renaissance Center. “It can be surprising just how much people actually know about Shakespeare without having studied him.”

Dori Robinson, the Assistant Director For Programming at the Hillel House, will emcee the event along with theatre student Daniel Kadish.

Kadish recently directed “The Complete Works of Shakespeare Abridged” Renaissance Festival at the center.

This is the center’s first Shakespeare trivia night, but Goodhind is hopeful for a good turnout. He anticipates around 30 participants and encourages anyone interested to bring friends along.

Kate Leddy can be reached at [email protected].