UMass men’s soccer falls to No. 6 Syracuse in season opener -

UMass football boasts young, balanced rushing attack going into 2016 season -

UMass football looks to add more size, depth on defensive side heading into 2016 -

UMass football gets back in action with start of training camp -

UMass football coach Mark Whipple announces Ross Comis as starting quarterback, transfer Andrew Ford close behind -

Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

UMass Hospitality and Tourism Management hosts 40th annual Career Day

Seamon Kang/Daily Collegian

Seamon Kang/Daily Collegian

Recruiters from more than 65 companies will be at the University of Massachusetts on Wednesday for the 40th annual Hospitality and Tourism Management Career Day, the largest student-run hospitality career fair in New England.

The event will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Campus Center Auditorium. In addition to globally renowned Marriot, Hyatt and Starwood Hotels, there are 10 first-time companies registered for this year’s event. The HTM Career Day Committee is expecting faculty from Isenberg and the hospitality program as well as over 200 students to attend throughout the day.

“It’s a hospitality career fair but it’s technically open to all students,” said Marketing Chairperson of HTM Career Day Alissa Mendelsohn. She added that it is a great opportunity for students looking to get involved in the field of hospitality because recruiters will be seeking students of all levels of experience for internships and management-in-training programs.

The HTM Career Day Committee began planning for the event in the fall. The committee is composed of nine undergraduate students, who went through an interview process to earn their positions. Collectively, they are responsible for researching, contacting and registering companies, publicizing the event and hosting the annual senior reception.

Mohegan Sun and MGM Grand are two new companies that will be in attendance this year, giving students the opportunity to break into the casino industry.

“I think it’s great casinos are moving to Western Massachusetts because it will give students the opportunity to gain experience in casinos without having to leave the area,” Mendelsohn said. “In past years, many HTM students have been given internships and job placements either at Career Day or during corresponding interviews with recruiters they networked with at the event.”

Networking, internships and career fairs seem to be all the buzz on campus in recent weeks, but Mendelsohn said it’s nothing to stress about.

“Don’t be afraid to interact with recruiters because they are here to connect with up and coming industry professionals,” she said, adding that students should always “dress appropriately in business professional attire at any career event.”

“You want to make a good impression,” she said.

Junior HTM major Stephanie Colangelo said she is eager to attend the event to network with recruiters and see what options are available in HTM for postgraduates.

“I’ve attended the event for the past two years,” she said. “It’s a great learning experience. The face time you get with recruiters prepares you for interviews and gives you practice for when you are searching for a job or internship. It’s beneficial to students at any point in their college career.”

Taylor Gilmore can be reached at tgilmore@umass.edu.