Amherst Police occupied with animals this weekend

Friday, March 21, 2014

10:30 a.m. Larceny at the Main Street Apartments on Main Street. No further details.

12:09 p.m. A golden retriever was seen darting in and out of traffic by Amethyst Farm on North East Street.

1:45 p.m. Yeshaq Warren of Leverett was arrested for disorderly conduct and assault with a dangerous weapon after a fight near the Amherst Survival Center on Sunderland Road. There were reports of threats and a knife was involved.

4:05 p.m. A large pig, piglets and a calf were loose in the roadway by Swallow Farms on South East Street. The owners properly secured them back on the farm.

4:19 p.m. A driver hit a woodchuck on Shays Street. The woodchuck may have been rabid because it was trying to bite him.

8:00 p.m. Medical assistance was needed at Village Park on East Pleasant Street after a female requested help for her 17-year-old male friend, who was found on the sidewalk downtown. He had a large bump on his head from falling and was believed to be intoxicated.

9:17 p.m. A suspicious male was seen loitering around vehicles in the Amity Street Lot on Amity Street.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

12:34 p.m. A man called to complain that animal control was not on duty and there were loose dogs running around Summerhill Business Forms on West Pomeroy Lane.

2:37 p.m. There was a disturbance by the Hasbrouck Laboratory at UMass on North Pleasant Street. A mother and her daughter were having an intense verbal argument about the daughter’s ex-boyfriend.

3:50 p.m. Medical assistance was needed for a 69-year-old male who was having difficulty breathing. He was assisted by the Amherst Fire Department.

4:51 p.m. A brown and tan dog was reported to be running in and out of traffic on Meadow Street.

7:57 p.m. Patrick Lynn of Merrimack, NH was arrested on Boltwood Ave. for his fourth OUI offense, an open container of alcohol in his motor vehicle and operation of a motor vehicle to endanger/negligence. The vehicle was towed by Ernie’s Towing.

9:35 p.m. A large bear was reported on Fearing Street.

9:42 p.m. A black male wearing a green jacket with a laceration on his forehead was reported to be on the porch of Iota Gamma Upsilon on North Pleasant Street. He was heavily intoxicated and uncooperative, and was transported to the hospital.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

7:20 a.m. Medical assistance was needed at Clark House on Lessey Street for a 67-year-old male that had difficulty breathing along with a severe asthma attack.

7:46 a.m. A large cow was in the roadway on South East Street.

11:10 a.m. A male was reported to be trying to open the doors of a car at a residence on Riverglade Drive.

At around 6 p.m., a wallet was stolen from the inside of an unlocked vehicle at the South Congregational Church on South East Street.

Marleigh Felsenstein can be reached at [email protected].