Sports Editors S1 E5: This one goes off the rails -

Members of the Pioneer Valley’s Native community march in celebration of Indigenous Peoples Day -

Club hockey skates to 1-1 tie with UMass Lowell -

UMass men’s soccer moves to 8-0-1 at home in win over La Salle -

It’s time to break the mold on breaking up -

‘MASSEDUCTION’ is St. Vincent at her best -

Beck’s ‘Colors’ is fun, well-crafted nightclub simplicity -

UMass hockey beats AIC 3-1 to win third straight -

Two goals from freshman John Leonard lead UMass hockey to 3-1 victory Saturday -

Makeshift back line steps into spotlight as UMass shuts out La Salle -

Prof. discusses link between socioeconomic inequality and children’s brain development and the effects on legislation and policy -

UMass hockey prevails at Union in 5-4 win -

UMass women’s soccer falls 3-1 to George Mason -

‘All-Star’ alumni tell students how to make it in journalism -

Hockey notebook: UMass helps raise over 500,000 gallons of freshwater while in Arizona -

Minutemen play to 2-2 draw against Saint Joseph’s -

Talk held on merit and diversity in graduate admissions -

Unique McLean will have the opportunity to play a large role for UMass basketball -

Prof. discusses how African Gold Coast slaves resisted oppression -

UMass hockey looks ahead to the weekend, continuing to build its identity -

UMass rowing earns five first place finishes on Friday, two on Saturday in weekend action

The Massachusetts rowing team earned two first place finishes out of five races against MIT, Radcliffe and Bates on Saturday in Boston.

The UMass varsity 8 team, consisting of Heather Pekarovich, Taryn Wilson, Emily Mann, Marika Kopp, Pippa Edwards, Candace Miller, Sam Kolovson, Nicole Juul-Hindsgaul and Allanah Rubi-Mooney started things off with a first place finish of 7:27.8.

The other first place finish for the Minutewomen came from the varsity 4 team. The watch did not work for the race, but the UMass V4 team finished in first by a margin of 8.6 seconds, with Emily Hajjar, Rachel Boudreau, Gabrielle Hayward, Kyla Miller and Sam Wonderlin leading the way.

The Minutewomen swept all five races against UConn in Coventry, Conn. on Friday.  The UMass varsity 8 team finished with a time of 7:08.46, beating Connecticut by almost 10 seconds.

The Minutewomen’s second varsity 8 team also earned a victory with a time of 7:30.53. The UMass 2V8 team was made up of Haley Eovine, Nicole Juul-Hindsgaul, Teagan Rolf von den Baumen, Natalie Boisvert, Hadley Irvin, Rebecca Adams, Hannah Monahan, Krysten Menks and Estefi Marti Malvido.

The widest margin of victory of the day for the Minutewomen came in the varsity 4 race. The UMass V4 team finished with a time of 8:30.04, beating the UConn boat by 30 seconds

The UMass rowing team will have a week off without competition before they travel to Occoquan, Va., for the Atlantic 10 Championship on May 4.

Jamie Cushman can be reached at jrcushman@umass.edu.