Police Log Friday, April 18 – Sunday, April 20, 2014

(Collegian File Photo

Friday, April 18

10:53 a.m.: There was a larceny on South East Street. It is still under investigation.

11:49 a.m.: There was a 7-year-old boy wandering around the UMass campus. His caregiver, an employee of the UMass Geography Department, was located. The information was relayed to the University of Massachusetts Police Department Officer Booth.

3:24 p.m.: There was a minor motor vehicle crash at the Emily Dickinson gravesite at West Cemetery on Triangle Street. The accident caused the tombstone to fall over.

4:57 p.m.: A motor vehicle at Puffers Pond on State Street was broken into. A laptop was stolen from the car.

5:13 p.m.: A motor vehicle made a red light violation on Main Street. The driver was an unlicensed woman that had her 10-year-old son in the front seat. The boy was moved to the back seat.

9:00 p.m.: A motor vehicle was stopped near Kelly’s on College Street because it did not have headlights on. The driver was unlicensed and called a friend with a valid license to drive the car home.

9:17 p.m.: A street light was knocked over near Brandywine Building No. 13 on Brandywine Drive. The light is considered a safety hazard and an officer put caution tape around it.

9:56 p.m.: Medical assistance was needed at Craig’s Place Homeless Shelter for a heavily intoxicated party. The staff of the shelter wanted the party to leave via ambulance.

Saturday, April 19

1:08 a.m.: Medical assistance was needed at Puffton Village on North Pleasant Street for a 23-year-old that was having difficulty breathing. The party was heavily intoxicated while on antibiotics and transported to Cooley Dickinson Hospital by the Amherst Fire Department.

9:31 a.m.: Items from Carriage Shops on North Pleasant Street were stolen from the front window, including CDs, coins and electronic devices.

12:22 p.m.: Medical assistance was needed at Village Park on East Pleasant Street for an elderly female with difficulty breathing.

7:14 p.m.: A party lost their wallet on South Pleasant Street. It may have been left on the bus. The location is still unknown.

8:10 p.m.: There was a breaking and entering on Main Street. It is still under investigation.

Sunday, 20

12:23 a.m.: Matthew Gustafson of Boston was arrested at Valentine Hall at Amherst College on College Street. He was charged for an open container of alcohol and possession of alcohol while under the age of 21.

1:28 a.m.: Jesse Bollinger of Amherst was arrested on College Street for his second OUI liquor offense. He was also charged with a motor vehicle lights violation and negligent operation of a motor vehicle to endanger.

2:01 a.m.: Henry Mejia-Ayala of Amherst was arrested on charges of resisting arrest, disturbing the peace, possession of alcohol under the age of 21 and possession of less than one ounce of marijuana. Luciano Martinez and Edgar Mejia-Ayala, both of Amherst, were arrested on charges of possession of alcohol under the age of 21.

7:46 p.m.: A lost Chinook named Olwyn was found on Heatherstone Road. The dog has Connecticut tags.

Marleigh Felsenstein can be reached at [email protected].