UMass doctor Pierre Rouzier to share experienced on working at Boston Marathon, one year later

A year ago, University of Massachusetts staff physician Pierre Rouzier was at ground zero of the bombings that rocked the 2013 Boston Marathon.
One year later, he was back at the 2014 Marathon. On Wednesday, he’ll be among those to share their experiences about being in Boston one year later.
Rouzier, along with select runners and volunteers who participated in this year’s Boston Marathon, will speak about their experiences at a talk called “The Boston Marathon: One Year Later” in Herter Hall Room 227 on Wednesday night at 7 p.m.
Rouzier, who has been in the medical field for over 30 years – 17 of them at UMass – was volunteering as a triage doctor at a tent less than 100 yards from the finish line when two bombs exploded on Boylston Street during the 2013 Boston Marathon, which killed three and injured more than 200 others.
Rouzier immediately rushed to the scene, using belts that he transformed into tourniquets to try to save lives of those injured by the explosions.
On April 21, Rouzier returned to the scene where his and many other lives were impacted as he worked triage near the finish line at the Marathon for a sixth straight year.