Experienced Ohio State club too much for UMass hockey in 3-0 loss -

Season-high 29 saves from Matt Murray proves lone highlight in UMass hockey’s 3-0 shutout loss to Ohio State -

UMass football picks up first win of the season in blowout win over Georgia Southern -

Student in critical condition after pedestrian-vehicle accident on Friday -

UMass women’s soccer fails to secure spot in A-10 tournament with loss to Saint Louis -

Struggles with special teams sinks UMass hockey -

UMass hockey drops second of the year in 3-1 loss to Ohio State -

Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

UPDATE: Police to charge UMass football player with two counts of aggravated assault and battery

Photo by Cade Belisle/Daily Collegian

Photo by Cade Belisle/Daily Collegian

Update: Feb. 26 at 3:10 p.m.

HADLEY — Police plan to charge a University of Massachusetts football player who was involved in a fight that left one male unconscious and requiring surgery due to the extent of his injuries early Sunday morning with two counts of aggravated assault and battery, masslive.com reported Thursday.

He will not be identified until arrested, according to the report.

Officers responded to a house on Rocky Hill Road at 2:35 a.m. Sunday for a report of a fight, according to a Facebook post by the Hadley Police Department. Witnesses and the victim identified the suspect as a member of the UMass football team who was with other football players at a large party at the residence.

The victim was transported to UMass Medical Center in Worcester, according to a report by the Daily Hampshire Gazette.

A spokesperson for the UMass football team declined to comment Monday.

Earlier that night, police investigated a hit and run accident involving a pedestrian in the vicinity of the same party.

According to the Hadley Police Department’s Facebook page, the accident occurred in the area of 156 Rocky Hill Road at 1:28 a.m. The pedestrian was taken to the hospital, treated and released.

Police described the vehicle as a white or gray SUV, but witnesses were unable to identify the make, model or license plate.

Police are still looking for the driver of the SUV, according to masslive.com

Anybody with further information is asked to contact Officer Jesse Green at 413-584-0883.

Numerous parked vehicles in the roadway were also towed from the party and another male was placed in protective custody until he was released to a sober friend.

The UMass Police Department and Amherst Fire Department also assisted in the responses.

The six tenants of the party house will be summonsed to Eastern Hampshire District Court in Belchertown on charges of violating the town noise ordinance bylaw, according to masslive.com.

Aviva Luttrell can be reached at aluttrel@umass.edu and followed on Twitter @AvivaLuttrell. Mark Chiarelli also contributed to this report.